[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest deltoro

Framegrace: you can still change the splash. Just make a pg58 zip with a splash1.img and the android-info.txt inside. There are several tools to make a splash image from a jpg or bmp. And the android-info.txt you can just copy from another pg58 like trips firmware. I've tried it and it works... :-)

Guest framegrace

Framegrace: you can still change the splash. Just make a pg58 zip with a splash1.img and the android-info.txt inside. There are several tools to make a splash image from a jpg or bmp. And the android-info.txt you can just copy from another pg58 like trips firmware. I've tried it and it works... :-)

Great...

I see is only a matter to convert to raw and put inside a zip with the txt.

Just to be sure. Is this very dangerous if I got it wrong? (Is safe to try?)

Guest R1nGoStar_

After flash the firmware the camera no work, it happened to someone?

For me Pictures and Panorama works fine but movie FC

This is after flashing firmware.:)

Guest R1nGoStar_

I tried to wipe + Dalvik cache does not solve ...

Also fixing permissions will sometimes fix FCs

To be sure, I always do clean cache, Dalvik and fix Permissions

Guest tulliame

Also fixing permissions will sometimes fix FCs

To be sure, I always do clean cache, Dalvik and fix Permissions

I also tried wipe cache+Dalvik+fix permissions does not work camera ...reflash rom unsure.gif

Guest motopaddy

Sorry for my late reply but I read something about supercid before flashing the new firmware through bootloader.

What exactly do I have to supercid and how do I do that? Or can I just put the firmware .zip on root SD and go into bootloader? Then it should apply right?

Sorry for all my questions, just want to be sure before doing anything.

Guest eggyenergy666
Sorry for my late reply but I read something about supercid before flashing the new firmware through bootloader.

What exactly do I have to supercid and how do I do that? Or can I just put the firmware .zip on root SD and go into bootloader? Then it should apply right?

Voos question bro, go to xda and look in the sticky threats of the sensationforum, there you'll see cupercid;)

Guest tatico28

Go to page #84 and check a post by me.

Guest JWilliamson89

Hello there. First I just want to say thanks to trip for all his hard work. I just have a couple of questions. On the latest beta and firmware, when i try to update Maps or File Manager, it will not update and says the package was signed incorrectly. How can I fix that? My next question is not to rush or anything, and I know its hard to tell, but is there an ETA on TR003B? Thanks :)

Edit - I should also state that Maps and File Manager do not even show in the 'My Apps' section of the Market, and I have to search for it in order to update it.

Edited by JWilliamson89

Guest vladnosferatu

Hello there. First I just want to say thanks to trip for all his hard work. I just have a couple of questions. On the latest beta and firmware, when i try to update Maps or File Manager, it will not update and says the package was signed incorrectly. How can I fix that? My next question is not to rush or anything, and I know its hard to tell, but is there an ETA on TR003B? Thanks :)

Edit - I should also state that Maps and File Manager do not even show in the 'My Apps' section of the Market, and I have to search for it in order to update it.

i would love to know the eta for TR003b

When I try to put big files on my sd card (100mb+) my phone does a soft reboot. Any1 got this problem and knows a solution?

Confirmed. Same issue here. Lots of USB related reboots my end. When inserting/unplugging especially, and while rotating screen (in a car dock, plugged in via USB).

Guest Cyberdan3

I hear some people mentioning using System Tuner Pro to tweak some settings. When I try to set the clock speed to 1.2 Ghz from 1.5, it always force closes whenever I click the "boot settings" button. Is this just an compatability issue or does this program actually work flawlessly with people on 002B?

Guest framegrace

Confirmed. Same issue here. Lots of USB related reboots my end. When inserting/unplugging especially, and while rotating screen (in a car dock, plugged in via USB).

Confirmed here too... after some days using it, all reboots/malfunctions seems related to USB Storage or Screen rotation. I even suspect that my flash video playing problem is USB storage related.

BTW, battery usage is the best I ever had with any ROM on my Sensation (Once killed the infamous bluetoothd :) ). I see also big improvements in Wifi speed.

Kudos for that.

Edited by framegrace

Confirmed here too... after some days using it, all reboots/malfunctions seems related to USB Storage or Screen rotation. I even suspect that my flash video playing problem is USB storage related.

BTW, battery usage is the best I ever had with any ROM on my Sensation (Once killed the infamous bluetoothd :) ). I see also big improvements in Wifi speed.

Kudos for that.

I touched a widget, got a reboot. Touched the widget, got a reboot. etc. etc. I touched it, before it opens during the animation we freeze.. then reboot. Notification bar can cause reboots too sometimes.

Guest Jiggs82

Can anyone make a 4g icon zip or morph file to replace the H icon in this rom? Thanks in advance

Edit: I tried using ninjamorph from the market but can't seem to do it correctly:(

Edited by Jiggs82

Guest phillthorpe1

I touched a widget, got a reboot. Touched the widget, got a reboot. etc. etc. I touched it, before it opens during the animation we freeze.. then reboot. Notification bar can cause reboots too sometimes.

when I clicked on a gmail notification to read the gmail I had a reboot.

That is the only reboot that I have had.

Guest deltoro

Great...

I see is only a matter to convert to raw and put inside a zip with the txt.

Just to be sure. Is this very dangerous if I got it wrong? (Is safe to try?)

Its not dangerous, no. Its just the splash... But you need to convert the pic to an img format. You can use this tool for example to create an img file from bmp:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=938988

Then zip up these two files (I used compression rate 0 but probably not necessary):

Splash1.img (with that exact name, created using aforementioned tool)

android-info.txt (just copy from a PG58IMG.zip you've used earlier)

Name the zip PG58IMG.zip and business as usual. I've uploaded an example to help.... With Aperture science logo ;): PG58IMG.zip

Guest framegrace

Its not dangerous, no. Its just the splash... But you need to convert the pic to an img format. You can use this tool for example to create an img file from bmp:

Then zip up these two files (I used compression rate 0 but probably not necessary):

Name the zip PG58IMG.zip and business as usual. I've uploaded an example to help.... With Aperture science logo ;): PG58IMG.zip

Great! Thanks. I'll give it a try...

Guest SirHenry

Or try using fastboot then you don't need to pack into a zip file ;)

fastboot flash splash1 nameofimg.img

Edited by SirHenry