User Dictionary on the SFII

Guest hpc1989

Guest hpc1989

I got a new San Francisco 2 phone recently, and I love it. But one big problem is that whenever I text somebody or email somebody, I have to individually type in words that are not included in the dictionary (such as place names, slang, foreign terms etc).This is very annoying as I repeatedly use some of these non dictionary entrants in many communications with the same person, and the predictive text doesn't know these words.On my old HTC Wildfire there used to be a function under "Language and Keyboard" called User Dictionary where I could individually add words to the in-built memory on the phone.Where is this function on the SF2??? I've looked in manuals, forums and everywhere. It's nowhere to be found.I take it there simply isn't that function available on this phone for whatever reason? If not, does anybody know of a good app? Cheers guys.

Edited by hpc1989

Swift Key X is awesome for that - remembers what you type and monitors your gmail, twitter, sms txts etc for common words that you use

Mine is very annoying - it seems to pick up all my contact names and suggest them every time I type! :angry:

Edited by fr0do

Seems like the (Uk for sure anyway) dictionary is empty. Download User Dictionary Manager from the Apps Store and find a UK word list on the web. Save as 'wordlist.txt' in the root of your SD card and import.

:)

Well after importing quite a large word list and a re boot I can confirm that this works. It's still not a patch on swift key x... In fact I switched back half way through typing this it was so annoying LoL :-)

Maybe a smaller dictionary would be better?