read only file system for internal memory

Guest feuxfollets

Guest feuxfollets

So I'm trying to get ssh keys to work on this thing, and I've installed BTEP as my ssh client, but unfortunately when I run ssh it looks for keys in the folder ./.ssh whereas my keys are saved in the folder /data/data/com.magicandroidapps.bettertermpro/home/.ssh/, since ~ on the terminal points to that folder

The folder ./.ssh doesn't exist, and when I try to create it and copy my keys over, I just get a read only file system error.

How do you go about removing the read only file system thing on this device?

Edited by feuxfollets

Guest Andy_E

Well you could dick about with mount commands but personally I prefer to just use Root Explorer which has a couple of little toggle buttons for R/O & R/W

Edited by Andy_E

Guest xathras

Well you could dick about with mount commands but personally I prefer to just use Root Explorer which has a couple of little toggle buttons for R/O & R/W

I also use Root Explorer to mount system as r/w but it isn't free. A free alternative is to install Busybox and then use a terminal to do a sudo mount.

Guest Andy_E
A free alternative is to install Busybox and then use a terminal to do a sudo mount.

That was the dicking about with mount commands I was referring to..... :)

Guest Cass67

So I'm trying to get ssh keys to work on this thing, and I've installed BTEP as my ssh client, but unfortunately when I run ssh it looks for keys in the folder ./.ssh whereas my keys are saved in the folder /data/data/com.magicandroidapps.bettertermpro/home/.ssh/, since ~ on the terminal points to that folder

The folder ./.ssh doesn't exist, and when I try to create it and copy my keys over, I just get a read only file system error.

How do you go about removing the read only file system thing on this device?

You need to extract the boot.img from whatever rom you are using, make the changes, create a new ramdisk, make a new boot.img then update the rom again with it ... / lives on the ro boot partition.

Not possible to relocate the location of the .ssh directory ?

Guest feuxfollets

You need to extract the boot.img from whatever rom you are using, make the changes, create a new ramdisk, make a new boot.img then update the rom again with it ... / lives on the ro boot partition.

Not possible to relocate the location of the .ssh directory ?

So I got the root file manager since it seemed useful, and made a .ssh folder in /

Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.

On linux you can change the .ssh folder by editing a setting in the /etc/ssh/ssh_config or something like that, but such a file does not exist on my android device. The /etc/ssh folder doesn't even exist.

Edited by feuxfollets