ZTE blade speaker problem

Guest contact

Guest contact

Hi! I have a problem with my speaker of my ZTE blade. The sound from it is metallic and distored. And it is really impossible to hear person, you speak to.

As this phone was bought in London ant then transferred to Ukraine I have no local support here. So my only chance is to replace speaker by myself.

the problem is - the is no such speakers in Ukraine =(

Does anybody know what to do?

May be some one know the model of speaker used in ZTE blade, so I can purchase it by internet.

May be some one have fully broken ZTE blade, so You can send it to me (I'll pay for shipping), or get speaker from blade, and send just speaker?

Thanks!

Quite often you will find that the membrane over the speaker has got crinkled.

Try pursing your lips around the speaker to create an air-tight seal and then suck air gently. You should hear a slight pop as the membrane pops back out. If the sound is less distorted but still not quite right, simply reverse this process. Purse your lips to the phone again and give it a gentle blow.

In many cases, this will cure the issue. Perform the procedure with care and at your own risk. Good luck.

Guest contact

Hi! Thanks to everybody! You are right, it seems that the speaker is one to one with iPhone 4. I`ve just purchased it. In few days I`ll make a replacement, and show a report.

Edited by contact

Guest contact

Hi to all!

Yesterday evening I have made a replacement. Here is short description:

1. iPhone speaker:

post-874131-0-20363800-1326438866_thumb.

2. Our patient. and card(I used it to open clips)

post-874131-0-30324700-1326439018_thumb.

3. Taking of Sim card, memory card, battery.

post-874131-0-24584700-1326439072_thumb.

4. Remove 8 screws

post-874131-0-10614600-1326439138_thumb.

5. Remove back panel

post-874131-0-14078000-1326439206_thumb.

6. Next I used pliers to get of old speaker

post-874131-0-62426700-1326439278_thumb.

7. You can see now together 2 speakers

post-874131-0-09626100-1326439338_thumb.

8.than I inserted new speaker

post-874131-0-97941500-1326439323_thumb.

8. And collected everything into one phone =)

post-874131-0-54808400-1326439413_thumb.

I is working!

Testing of speaker showed, that really problem was with it. With new one sound is not metallic or distoreshed.

But new IPhone speaker is really silent. So I think that speakers have different incoming resistance, but look similar.

The volume is lower than it was, but it is enough to talk =) So I can use ZTE again! Thank every one who helped!

Guest shmizan

great review and testing!!

I have problems with my ear piece speaker too.. sound is bad and blowing into it did not help much.

I want to do the same repair as you did.

we are talking about the ear piece speaker right? the one on the top of the phone above the "San Francisco" writing?

will this speaker be good?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19ca78b57c

thanks!

Guest contact

great review and testing!!

I have problems with my ear piece speaker too.. sound is bad and blowing into it did not help much.

I want to do the same repair as you did.

we are talking about the ear piece speaker right? the one on the top of the phone above the "San Francisco" writing?

will this speaker be good?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19ca78b57c

thanks!

Hi, Yes the speech is about ear speaker. I used the same speaker as from ebay link (here it is). May be You`ll be lucky, i have just bought it in Ukraine, it may be not original.

sound volume is lover on 35-45%. My old Nokia shouts, if differ with it. I had no possibility to try it in loud places, but I think it`ll be hard to hear person. So I think I`ll try speaker from K810i next.

Let's get ready to rumba!

Edited by contact

Guest NELLY11

I take it no soldering is required for this.

Is there much risk to the phone? Mine has intermittant crackling so will follow this with interest.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NELLY11

Next 7 weeks i geht a lot new genuine earspeakers from ZTE Blade.

I have an original replacement but am nervous about taking apart the phone and it not working again. Did the speaker seperate easily?

Any major pitfalls as i could do with cleaning the dust away also

Thanks

Guest NELLY11

Thanks for the reply

Once the back plate is off and you can access the speaker, does it just pop off or require some force to remove it, is it easy to refit?

Which clips were opened using the credit card?

I looked for a more comprehensive dismantle tutorial but couldnt find one ;0(

Thanks

Guest NELLY11

Can the anti tamper sticker be removed and replaced with ease. I am still under warranty but fear that if i return i may get a diffwerent phone rather than mine repaired and i would not know the history of the new one. But warranty still handy if the phone died completely

thanks

Guest shmizan

I replaced my speaker today. I notice no difference in sound level so far. will report if I do.

I also ripped the side keys' cable by accident and the volume control buttons do not work anymore. so that means goodbye to modding for good I guess.. can't use recovery without it :)

watch out for that one when you take your phone apart.. it was the hardest part..

Guest NELLY11

how did you manage to rip that ? is it better to start at the opposite side? did you get any photos?

Has it solved the problem?

regards

Edited by NELLY11

Guest shmizan

no photos, just follow the teardown guide on youtube.. I just pulled too hard.

also this new speaker has also started giving stupid noises.

I've had it with this phone.