[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

I am experiencing quite a good battery with Ceco S1. But both are very similar regarding battery life. There isn't really a big difference.

Edited by C3C0

Guest pablitobm88
I am experiencing quite a good battery with Ceco S1. But both are very similar regarding battery life. There isn't really a big difference.

ok, but...why do you put two different kernel then? What is the difference between the two? thanks

This is Elitemovil: http://android.modaco.com/topic/348999-rom-elitemovil-skate-235-z3-oficial-kernel-oc-gb-thu-p743v100b01-24-11-11/page__view__findpost__p__1897568__hl__elitemovil__fromsearch__1

The main difference in S1 is that S1 has higher overclocking, tunelling network interface support and a some debugging turned off. It's smaller.

The reason why it is possible to choose is to have flexibility. And also in case of some problems with new kernel it is still possible to use

kitchen to revert to old one. For practical reason.

Guest tommygo

No I didnt mofidy anything. Now I can upgrade to 1.3, but 2.0.

I am using CWM 4.0.1

Hmm strange. Just tried it myself and it works.

What was your exact configuration of update?

Have you changed anything by yourself in your previous version? (clockworkmod, system apps, anything)

Have you tried it with other kernel (Elitemovil Z3) ?

You should try with other kernel in the first place. Use update kitchen to change.kernel.

Or you can also try "full upgrade" by setting "Your current version of SKatie ROM" to 1.1.

This will generate big update containing all updates since 1.1 was released

Edited by C3C0

Guest tommygo

Thank you and prob is fixed. Enjoy 2.0 now! Great ROM.

You should try with other kernel in the first place. Use update kitchen to change.kernel.

Or you can also try "full upgrade" by setting "Your current version of SKatie ROM" to 1.1.

This will generate big update containing all updates since 1.1 was released

Update kitchen updated. Possibility to choose Alarm Clock: Stock or Desk Clock

ATTENTION: it has been reported that stock alarm clock is behaving oddly on som phones - it doesn't wake up correctly when phone is in deep sleep and thus doesn't ring. Use Desk clock if you have problems with stock.

You have been warned. Please, don't blame me for your missed appointments :)

Guest HenryRym

Hi Ceco,

My first post! I've just got an OMC - my very first smartphone, I'm in my mid sixties and a complete and total newbie, so please be gentle as I really know very little about phones!

Besides the occasional phone call I want to use my phone for MP3s, photo storage, podcasts and BBC iPlayer - the last needs Flash.

I can't seem to download flash or iPlayer on my standard phone - suspect I need to get rid of all the Orange stuff to do so.

I've unlocked my phone from Orange using Todoleo's guide and now have a Tesco sim, which works fine.

My question is this. Your ROM has Flash built in and I'm hoping will work with BBC iPlayer, do I need to root my phone before installing your ROM?

Also if I decide to install your ROM, which by the way sounds great to me, can you help a total beginner if I have problems with the installation?

THanks

Henry

Welcome :)

1) Flash is not included. It has to be installed manually. Use version 11 from this topic:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/347442-working-adobe-flash-102-103-11-bbciplayer-streams-feeds/page__hl__flash

2) My ROM has the advantage of easy installation. There is no need for any preinstallation steps like root or installing clockworkmod.

Basic TPT image does everything for you. Just follow the steps in the first post. Then use Update Kitchen to upgrade to the latest version

and customize ROM according to your preferences.

After generating update from Update Kitchen, download it and put it on SD card (DO NOT EXTRACT!). Reboot to recovery (e.g. using the power-off menu), and choose "install zip from sd card / choose zip from sd card" to install it.

Good luck.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Guest HenryRym

Hi Ceco

Eventually got there, though not without a heart-attack moment. I'm posting details as a salutory warning to other users, beware of your SD card!!!

Did everything as per your instructions, download 'image' folder onto SD card and carry out three button switch on. Flashing proceeds to 100%, attempts re-boot - red light on, a bit of a vibrate and then stuck in red button mode!!

Take battery out, re-insert, switch on and stuck again with red button.

So take out SD card, pop onto computer, do checksum check - perfect, so baffled. Decide to check SD with disk checker, errors found so reformat, put on fresh 'image' folder and do three button start again. Reflashes, reboots, red light ......... and then green android comes up and phone back to perfect working again - but get notification that SD card is unformatted!!!

What a relief - thought I'd wasted £130!

Very annoyed with the new Kingston SD card from Amazon - reading the negative comments for the Amazon supplier for this card shows that such complete failure is not totally unusual - I'll use the 2Gb supplied one for doing the update, which I've now downloaded.

A couple questions - I've downloaded the flash and iplayer from your link onto my computer - how do I install them on the phone - sorry but need exact instructions as my health can't stand any more stuck red button shocks!

Lastly', I see most of the Orange stuff has gone, good!, but two things are gone that I'd like to have back. The first is the green grass wallpaper and the other is the digital clock (the larger 2 digit one with the alarm clock indicator on it) - how can I get these back as I didn't save them before flashing.

Many thanks for a nice ROM and a slightly scary experience - not caused by you, but by cheating manufacturers!

Best wishes

Henry

PS

If it all keeps working sweetly you can expect a donation to your beer found soon - I've enjoyed the PIlsner lagers whenever I've been in Slovakia!

New feature in Update Kitchen.

Possibility to choose Battery indicator style. Just two of them at this moment but more to come in the future.

The first one you already know, the second one is stock with percentage - less contrasting than the first one!

Enjoy.

Hi Ceco

Eventually got there, though not without a heart-attack moment. I'm posting details as a salutory warning to other users, beware of your SD card!!!

Did everything as per your instructions, download 'image' folder onto SD card and carry out three button switch on. Flashing proceeds to 100%, attempts re-boot - red light on, a bit of a vibrate and then stuck in red button mode!!

Take battery out, re-insert, switch on and stuck again with red button.

So take out SD card, pop onto computer, do checksum check - perfect, so baffled. Decide to check SD with disk checker, errors found so reformat, put on fresh 'image' folder and do three button start again. Reflashes, reboots, red light ......... and then green android comes up and phone back to perfect working again - but get notification that SD card is unformatted!!!

What a relief - thought I'd wasted £130!

Very annoyed with the new Kingston SD card from Amazon - reading the negative comments for the Amazon supplier for this card shows that such complete failure is not totally unusual - I'll use the 2Gb supplied one for doing the update, which I've now downloaded.

Wau. You are really skilled you were able to cope with such a terrifying situation! Nice job!

A couple questions - I've downloaded the flash and iplayer from your link onto my computer - how do I install them on the phone - sorry but need exact instructions as my health can't stand any more stuck red button shocks!

Put the apk files on your sd card and use File Manager (by default there is ES File Explorer in version 1.1 but you might have changed it via update kitchen so look for the other one - astro or AndroZip) to open them - installation will be triggered automatically.

Lastly', I see most of the Orange stuff has gone, good!, but two things are gone that I'd like to have back. The first is the green grass wallpaper and the other is the digital clock (the larger 2 digit one with the alarm clock indicator on it) - how can I get these back as I didn't save them before flashing.

You can download any wallpapers from internet, put them on SD and choose them using the gallery application.

The same applies for digital clock. You can download clock widgets from Market for free. There are milions of them so you

certainly will find what suits you best.

Many thanks for a nice ROM and a slightly scary experience - not caused by you, but by cheating manufacturers!

Best wishes

Henry

PS

If it all keeps working sweetly you can expect a donation to your beer found soon - I've enjoyed the PIlsner lagers whenever I've been in Slovakia!

You are welcome :) Really appreciated. I wish you great time with the new ROM.

Later when you get android deeper under your skin you can also take a look at other ROMs available for this device.

The installation requires more knowledge but I am sure this will be no problem for you after successfully coping with SD card issues :)

Ceco.

im about to install ur rom now can u explain what i have to do in the custom rom kitchen

You must install the basic TPT first. Then you can use update kitchen to upgrade to the latest version and customize SKatie according to your preferences.

Follow steps in the first post.

You must install the basic TPT first. Then you can use update kitchen to upgrade to the latest version and customize SKatie according to your preferences.

Follow steps in the first post.

ok installed 1.1 and brilliant just installed 2.0 phone is just rebooting now i added RTL support even though i dont know what it is just incase its important it looks like its working for me but ill let u know

and btw just to add my thanks for all the brilliant work u are doing and have done to build roms for the skate

Guest PedroVader

ok installed 1.1 and brilliant just installed 2.0 phone is just rebooting now i added RTL support even though i dont know what it is just incase its important it looks like its working for me but ill let u know

and btw just to add my thanks for all the brilliant work u are doing and have done to build roms for the skate

Well done, first time is always nervy, there'll be no holding you back now.

If you do decide to move to another rom you may have to TPT again as the Skatie system partition is smaller than most at 150mb, most of the roms here need a minimum 200mb system. Its quite straightforward and the links are in the TPT thread, I think most of us are using option 2.

Welcome to your shiny new bloat free Skate! :lol:

Guest PedroVader

Wau. You are really skilled you were able to cope with such a terrifying situation! Nice job!

Put the apk files on your sd card and use File Manager (by default there is ES File Explorer in version 1.1 but you might have changed it via update kitchen so look for the other one - astro or AndroZip) to open them - installation will be triggered automatically.

You can download any wallpapers from internet, put them on SD and choose them using the gallery application.

The same applies for digital clock. You can download clock widgets from Market for free. There are milions of them so you

certainly will find what suits you best.

You are welcome Really appreciated. I wish you great time with the new ROM.

Later when you get android deeper under your skin you can also take a look at other ROMs available for this device.

The installation requires more knowledge but I am sure this will be no problem for you after successfully coping with SD card issues

Ceco.

I can recommend Beautiful Widgets, plenty of clock and weather skins, and the weather has a live wallpaper with swaying blades of grass, far nicer than the Orange one :D

... or you can also use "TPT Helper" application from Market to change the partiotion layout, if necessary.

EDIT: this is the addition to post #142 :D

Edited by C3C0

Guest PedroVader
... or you can also use "TPT Helper" application from Market to change the partiotion layout, if necessary.

EDIT: this is the addition to post #142

Damn, keep forgetting that :P

Hmm.You are the first to report this.

Try different kernel (use Update Kitchen).

If it does not help, I would boot into recovery and do wipe data / factory reset.

If it doesn't help I would try going back to stock ROM and see how it behaves there.

Really don't know what it could be...

Hmm.You are the first to report this.

Try different kernel (use Update Kitchen).

If it does not help, I would boot into recovery and do wipe data / factory reset.

If it doesn't help I would try going back to stock ROM and see how it behaves there.

Really don't know what it could be...

looks like im going to have to go back to the stock rom damn shame cause i really liked the rom