Install Android Ice Cream Sandwich on LG GT540

Guest TechnoHolico

Guest TechnoHolico

ANDROID ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0.3 PARA LG GT540

This tutorial is for installing Android ICS 4.0.3 based on CyanogenMod 9 (modified by mikegapinski). The installation can be done in all the LG GT540 from any phone company.

The newest version: 10/January/2012 - Android ICS 4.0.3 CM9 - Beta 4

DOWNLOAD ANDROID ICS

---What Works And What Does Not---

At the moment the only thing not working is the camera, and native tethering. Everything else does work.

---Changes---

10/January (Beta 4)

+ Display orange frame repaired.

+ Fixed problems with wifi.

+ New kernel 2.6.35.14

+ More battery saving.

+ More fluid and smooth animations.

(Beta 3)

+ Fixed, downloading apps from market.

+ Fixed, bug browser.

+ Fixed, haptick feedback.

+ Installed, native ICS Music app.

+ Installed, Goggle native apps.

+ Gmail already works.

+ Fixed, time zones.

+ Better graphics.

+ Fixed, Gallery previews.

---About BackUp Before Install---

>>Do not recommend backup apps because it will change into a completely different version, the better once you have installed Android ICS, download it from the market. .

>>Just do a backup of your contacts (if you do not want to lose and re-enter manually), if you sync your contacts with your gmail or google account is not required to do backup because google is responsible for restoring your contacts list.

>> Make a complete backup of your current rom, this is for if after the installation of Android ICS, you decide to return you to your previous version, restore the backup you just the way you left your previous rom. To make the backup, with the phone on, press the POWER button until appears to turn off menu, select REBOOT and then select RECOVERY, the phone will reboot into Recovery Menu (remember to use this menu is Volume Up = Up, Volume down = down Call Button = Select or Enter, Power Button = Back), select "backup and restore" and then "backup" and wait to the backup is completed, once completed, select "reboot system now" to restart the phone. (the backup is saved in sdcard in a folder called "clockwork", don't delete this folder if you decide someday return you to your previous version)

---Install Android ICS---

Section 1: Only for those who have installed Android 1.6 or 2.1 versions. Section 2: Only for those who have installed Android versions 2.2.x, 2.3.x.

Before any procedure, make sure you have good level of battery. And removed from your SD card folders that say Android, Android Secure, Data.

---Section 1---

1-. Go to this tutorial CLICK y has todo el lo que se indica, eso es porque al final de la instalacion, se instala la rom, pero tambien se instala el Recovery que sera necesario para que instales Android ICS.

2.- Una vez hecho el tutorial que indique arriba, continua en la Seccion 2.

---Seccion 2---

Para empezar, descarga el Android ICS desde el link de arriba. Despues copia el zip a la tarjeta sd (no extraigas el zip).

1.- Con el telefono encendido, oprime el boton de POWER hasta que aparesca el menu de apago, selecciona REBOOT y despues selecciona RECOVERY, el telefono se reiniciara en Menu Recovery.

2.- Selecciona "wipe data/factory reset" y dale "yes".

3.- Selecciona "wipe cache partition" y dale "yes".

4.- Selecciona "advanced" despues "wipe dalvik cache" y dale "yes".

5.- Selecciona "install zip from sdcard"' despues "choose zip from sdcard" y busca el archivo zip que descargaste y seleccionalo, por ultimo dale "yes".

6.- Espera a que termine la instalacion, y aparecera un mensaje que dice "Install from sdcard complete."

7.- Selecciona "reboot system now" y el telefono se reiniciara.

8.-Ya tienes Android Ice Cream Sandwich Instalado en tu LG GT540.

---Solucion Facebook App en la Beta 4---

En la Beta 4 existe un problema de que no se puede descargar, utilizar facebook, aqui tienen la solucion:

1.- Descarga el appfix DESCARGAR (no extraigas el zip)

2.- Con el telefono encendido, oprime el boton de POWER hasta que aparesca el menu de apago, selecciona REBOOT y despues selecciona RECOVERY, el telefono se reiniciara en Menu Recovery.

3.- Selecciona "install zip from sdcard"' despues "choose zip from sdcard" y busca el archivo zip que descargaste y seleccionalo, por ultimo dale "yes".

4.- Aparecera un mensaje que dice "Install from sdcard complete."

5.- Selecciona "reboot system now" y el telefono se reiniciara, y listo.

---Screenshot---

Hice el tutorial desde una tablet y no puedo subir screenshots, ya que tenga mi laptop reparada subire los screenshots.

Twitter.com/CagsaBit

Edited by TechnoHolico

• 4 weeks later...

Hello joeymk,

I've tried. It works, but there's a problem with some virtual sim (in Italy they are called "virtual sim" like postemobile, erg, coop, ecc.). The problem is a kind of continuos reboot. With other sim it seems to work... :-)

Good luck!

is this working did someone tryed this?

I tried it, everything works(except cam and tethering) but few options like dock and icons.. YouTube not working, search contacts(typing the name) in phone-book is not showing accurate results... But your job is appreciative!

Guest jdimitar

Hello I try to install this ROM, on my GT540 but I have problem. I have Android 2.3.7 on my phone but when I reboot in recovery mode, black screen is all that I see, also my boot screen logo is not showing when I start or reboot my phone. Please help me. Thanks

im currently downloading this now and thank god for google translate as some dipstick posted half in english half some other language cheers for that maybe some full english tutorial would be a good idea

edit ::::::: what flash player can be installed on this rom as ive had problems with cm7 and stock roms

re:edit::::::::::::: ok so got it working and everything is running smooth apart from that stated above plus one other thing how the hell do i use rom manager if gt540 is not in the menu

re:re:edit::::::::: ok so ive been running if for a day now and every hour to an hour and half the phone reboots itself unless its being used continuosly i.e playing a game music film etc etc plus seems to want to eat battery power like no tomorrow today ive charged the phone fully 3 times maybe its just the OS that takes the battery power but thats poor atleast with 2.3.7 you get just about a full day

Edited by bozie1

• 1 month later...
Guest mcsleazy

Install works well, with three big problems that I found -

1) Phone echo. Anyone phones you, they hear their own voice.

2) Default setting for phone calls appears to be 'mute', meaning a few button presses more than normal to do something as basic as answer a call.

3) GPS wouldn't detect satellites.

It looks great, and runs at a good speed, but maybe not quite ready yet.