[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Butcher55

pls can someone help me? I`m using SwedishSnow RLS7 with ICS theme and I want to center clock(other things like battery,signl etc stays normal) but I cant do it:/ can someone do a flashable zip?big thanks

Guest DarkCrono

pls can someone help me? I`m using SwedishSnow RLS7 with ICS theme and I want to center clock(other things like battery,signl etc stays normal) but I cant do it:/ can someone do a flashable zip?big thanks

I have a version from a ICS theme that I edited to my taste (center clock, splited soft buttons) . But I'm not the theme maker, so I'll not distribute it in here. If think that it's not a trouble to send a PM to you. I hope you do not distribute it so...

Guest jonmac73

Sure there is one of these in the Themes section - maybe with blue circle battery to be fair.

Guest AndroiDemon

Task manager, ADW+GO launcher are available on Google play, if you had read the whole thread hear you would know why Konsta doesn't bother with task manager/ app killers e.t.c,

Agreed that KonstaT is not interested in task killers, and other launcher are available on google play. I woluld request if you include a battery widget which shows battery status on the lock screen. which is a good tool and i found it useful .

Also i shared a suggestion if Konsta would like to include other launcher in to the rom itself and replace the stock launcher. its always better to have one good launcher rather than two, which use more memory right.

Guest bladebuddy

Agreed that KonstaT is not interested in task killers, and other launcher are available on google play. I woluld request if you include a battery widget which shows battery status on the lock screen. which is a good tool and i found it useful .

Also i shared a suggestion if Konsta would like to include other launcher in to the rom itself and replace the stock launcher. its always better to have one good launcher rather than two, which use more memory right.

From what I get from Konsta's roms is that he keeps them near to stock as possible, even the extras are nicely blended in. If you wish to change launchers it is a simple process to remove the stock launcher and replace it with you're choice of launcher, I have launcher pro only, a bit dated but I have used it for over a year , so as I am a old get I am sort of stuck in my ways. As for a battery bar in the lock screen, that sounds a good idea, as I am no fan of the nasty green line that is the MIUI battery bar , there's even a post on this from me thinking it's a fault . That's just my opinion. And if you leave a rom as close to stock as possible it gives the users the option to mod it to there liking, hence pleasing everyone. Just like if you bought the phone on Ginger bread . And that's why I like android and Konstas roms.

Guest elrond_bs

+1 for bladebuddy's comment. I think KonstaT has the right approach. If it's the matter of simply installing an app from Play store, you just do it. You can use lockscreen replacement app too.

We have waited nearly 1 year for a really smooth, fast and bugless Gingerbread on Blade, and I personally am very happy that we got it, thanks to KonstaT.

Also +1 for LauncherPro :)

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest AndroiDemon

From what I get from Konsta's roms is that he keeps them near to stock as possible, even the extras are nicely blended in. If you wish to change launchers it is a simple process to remove the stock launcher and replace it with you're choice of launcher, I have launcher pro only, a bit dated but I have used it for over a year , so as I am a old get I am sort of stuck in my ways. As for a battery bar in the lock screen, that sounds a good idea, as I am no fan of the nasty green line that is the MIUI battery bar , there's even a post on this from me thinking it's a fault . That's just my opinion. And if you leave a rom as close to stock as possible it gives the users the option to mod it to there liking, hence pleasing everyone. Just like if you bought the phone on Ginger bread . And that's why I like android and Konstas roms.

Nice explanations . I am quite convinced with the philosophy of Konsta. So battery widget on Lock screen makes sense right?

One more suggestion if we can have some integration of reject with sms in the rom. i know apps are available on market, but making it default will help all as it is a great useful feature.

Whats your thought on that.

Guest MidaMilunk

Are you overclocking.

Edit I was trying to reply to the post above not you sorry.

Usually yes, to 691MHz, but if I had reboots with ROM in a recurring way, I always test it on 604Mhz as well, and I have never found connection between reboots and OC! If it happens on 691, if happens on 604, and vice versa!

Edit: I have just read your last line! :)

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest AndroiDemon

I have been using this rom for quite some days now, I was working all fine since yesterday i have started getting some auto reboots. one point that i noted is when i install an app from market and try to open it from the market page itself, the app crashes and i land up at home screen, and some times there is reboot of the system. Any ideas why is this phenomenon, any body else who has faced the same? any solutions?

Guest kyoshosan

AndroiDemon i've got the same issue.. except.. the issues are there already just after install of rom. It happens also during calls that it just reboots. Also no OC'ing here. Strange i've got two blades one works perfectly the other just has much more problems.

Which phone type do you have?

my issue phone is a dutch(KPN/BOL) 5Mpix LCD 512Mb

the other one without issues is UK OSF 3Mpix LCD 512Mb

The best result so far is using RLS7 but then with the kernel and wifi drivers from the rom elitemovil made version s5.. still the camera is upside down but this isn't a issue in the camera360 app you can revert the image there.

Does any one know if these issues could be caused by the baseband software version?

Guest wakeup12

I have been using this rom for quite some days now, I was working all fine since yesterday i have started getting some auto reboots. one point that i noted is when i install an app from market and try to open it from the market page itself, the app crashes and i land up at home screen, and some times there is reboot of the system. Any ideas why is this phenomenon, any body else who has faced the same? any solutions?

What is the maximum cpu speed you are using?

Guest bladebuddy

I have also had a few reboots, I originally thought it was due to over clocking, but not sure now as I lowered it from 710 to the 69 something. "On my crescent at the moment so not quite sure of the exact speed". The strange thing is I only get the reboots when typing on the keyboard. Does this sound familiar.

Guest wakeup12

I have also had a few reboots, I originally thought it was due to over clocking, but not sure now as I lowered it from 710 to the 69 something. "On my crescent at the moment so not quite sure of the exact speed". The strange thing is I only get the reboots when typing on the keyboard. Does this sound familiar.

I am using at 672 and there is no reboots... When using 691, it was booting when using Route 66 navigation.

Guest bladebuddy

Will try that, as I thought I couldn't overclock as much as previously with this rom. With the qualcom 3d scripts you don't need to really.

Guest KonstaT

Hi.

What is the sdlog.apk doing?

Good question. :)

It seems to be a ZTE debugging/development app of some sort. When enabled, it writes logs to your sdcard. Logs are in unknown format (.qmdl) but from what I can understand from it, it seems that they are radio logs. Probably something ZTE uses in their field testing.

It seems that this Sdlog.apk is in every ZTE stock ROM. Shouldn't do any harm if not enabled, but should be also safe to remove.

Guest AntonPettersson

I was thinking of changing from ColdFusionX to Swedish Snow and partition the sd card for a2sd. But if put swedish snow on the sd card and then partitions it i'll lose the rom.zip file, so i can't install swedish snow. Should i partition the sdcard, turn the phone of through cwm, take out the sd card and put the rom on it, and then flash it, correct? Or does anyone have any better suggestions? Thanks! //Anton

Guest MariusCheek

I was thinking of changing from ColdFusionX to Swedish Snow and partition the sd card for a2sd. But if put swedish snow on the sd card and then partitions it i'll lose the rom.zip file, so i can't install swedish snow. Should i partition the sdcard, turn the phone of through cwm, take out the sd card and put the rom on it, and then flash it, correct? Or does anyone have any better suggestions? Thanks! //Anton

I partitioned my SD card with EASEUS on a Windows 7 PC to use with Link2SD (which I recommend btw!) and just copied my ROMs and CWM backups back into the main FAT partition at that stage. You can check the MD5s on the PC at that stage - there are plenty of free utilities out there.

The only trouble I had was that my version of ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0 formats in ext3. I had chosen ext2 in EaseUS and the phone wouldn't recognise it. A quick trip back to the PC and it was sorted.

I don't know if it's just this version of CWM that does this, but bear it in mind if the new partition doesn't seem to be working!

Guest matje103

Could you tell me how to replace your stock launcher with another one? which files do I have to replace?

Guest bladebuddy

Haven't got the launcher apk on my phone now but it's in system/ apps / and called something like launcher 2 apk. A good idea would be to make a nandroid backup first, then try freezing the launcher app with titanium backup first just to make sure everything still works, if so then you know its safe to delete.

Edit, sorry just read you're question properly.

Use either adb/ or on your phone with apps like root explorer or even titanium backup and push your launcher to the system/ app, freeze the stock launcher with titanium backup, if everything is working fine then delete the stock launcher. Even simpler if you have titanium backup pro then long press on your launcher will give you the option to convert it to a system app, after that freeze, check then delete the stock one.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest BadMan PimpY

Haven't got the launcher apk on my phone now but it's in system/ apps / and called something like launcher 2 apk. A good idea would be to make a nandroid backup first, then try freezing the launcher app with titanium backup first just to make sure everything still works, if so then you know its safe to delete.

Edit, sorry just read you're question properly.

Use either adb/ or on your phone with apps like root explorer or even titanium backup and push your launcher to the system/ app, freeze the stock launcher with titanium backup, if everything is working fine then delete the stock launcher. Even simpler if you have titanium backup pro then long press on your launcher will give you the option to convert it to a system app, after that freeze, check then delete the stock one.

^^^^^^nice advice^^^^^

Guest archish

Hi KonstaT, is it possible for you to release a CM 7.2 rom compatible kernel with similar optimization applied to SS kernel? The reason being I love the SS rom for the speed and excellent battery life but miss the CM customization. The CM kang build doesn't feel that fast and battery life is pity compared to SS. I feel a right kernel will get the best of both world ;)

Guest spinozagr

From the time I installed this ROM, I can't connect my Blade with my PC via USB. Before that ROM I had no problem

I had already drivers installed in my win7 and I am using the same (ZTE Smartphone Driver 1.2066.1.3).

When I press "Turn on USB storage", looks like tries to connect but nothing.

Edited by spinozagr

Guest chraist

Anton her is the guide how to partition your sd-card;

And the swedish post; http://www.swedroid.se/forum/showthread.php?p=988078#post988078