[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

really? can you link to to the procedude on how, cuz now im using ad hoc connectivity to distribute my internet to connection to my devices..

Already linked, look at the post above yours.

What Kernel inludes FM RDS Function?

None, the kernel RDS kernel patch is infamous for causing battery drain.

Hi KonstaT, is there any kernel only compilation guide for cm 7 on Ubuntu?

http://source.androi...itializing.html

http://wiki.cyanogen...nel_from_source

http://blog.tbits.ie...el-for-android/

You might have to improvise a little. ;)

Can you make a GEN3 zip i like being GEN3 and i dont want to change.Pleeeeeeaaaaaseee!!

You can use the one from Moldovan MHMP thread.

Guest patricktan

Ah yes, now I remember that the instructions weren't exactly accurate. tongue.png

It should be

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Laptop key=1234567890

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

to start the network, and

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

to stop the network.

I have written a simple batch script to start/stop/show status for the access point. You need to run it as administrator and you also might want to change the network ssid and password first. (rename .txt -> .bat)

Thanks! its working now:)

Edited by patricktan

Guest junelac

Hello, newbie question here: after receiving messages saying that I'm low on memory, I noticed that the size of my system is only 160mb. I was thinking it was around 500mb. Is it normal or did I do something wrong ? (I unfortunately took the wrong zip (the TPT zip) when I tried 1st to install swedish snow but it did not brick my phone)

thanks

Guest archish

http://source.androi...itializing.html

http://wiki.cyanogen...nel_from_source

http://blog.tbits.ie...el-for-android/

You might have to improvise a little. ;)

You can use the one from Moldovan MHMP thread.

Hi KonstaT, thanks for the link, I was able to compile the kernel successfully, I observe no wifi drivers are there, how do I get the wifi drivers of SS to work in CM7?

Hey,

Very nice rom, this is the smoothest for me.

My only problem is battery life. It drains my battery ridiculously fast. I'm not a hardcore user, I usually don't make phonecalls, I don't use 3G. I just watch some youtube videos (over wifi), browse the web and listening to music. It takes 10-15 hours and my battery goes to 0 from 100%. For example, yesterday at 8 am. I played 15 mins. of Angry Birds, watched 10 mins. of youtube and dowloaded 2 apps from the market. The phone was in sleep mode in the rest of the day. I checked it at 5 pm and I only had 10% battery level.

Can you help me? I read that some ppl have 2 or 3 days uptime. It would be great if I had 24 hrs. :)

Guest BadMan PimpY

Hey,

Very nice rom, this is the smoothest for me.

My only problem is battery life. It drains my battery ridiculously fast. I'm not a hardcore user, I usually don't make phonecalls, I don't use 3G. I just watch some youtube videos (over wifi), browse the web and listening to music. It takes 10-15 hours and my battery goes to 0 from 100%. For example, yesterday at 8 am. I played 15 mins. of Angry Birds, watched 10 mins. of youtube and dowloaded 2 apps from the market. The phone was in sleep mode in the rest of the day. I checked it at 5 pm and I only had 10% battery level.

Can you help me? I read that some ppl have 2 or 3 days uptime. It would be great if I had 24 hrs. :)

Everyone says this rom has the best battery life, you must have a app on your phone that is causing your battery drain, give some details of your apps on your phone.

Post the link where you read "that some ppl have 2 or 3 days uptime" on a android while doing what you was doing with your phone.

Guest Antonio Zru

oba:

I have it always on GPRS, then i do not use wifi NEVER and I left the phone on airplane mode on nights. I always close the applications.

Everyone says this rom has the best battery life, you must have a app on your phone that is causing your battery drain, give some details of your apps on your phone.

Post the link where you read "that some ppl have 2 or 3 days uptime" on a android while doing what you was doing with your phone.

I don't remember where I read that, but it was a hungarian forum. I was sceptical too... I don't belive its true... but my 10-15 hrs uptime is very bad anyway.

I don't use too much programs, here is the list I installed it from the market: Facebook, Angry Birds, AdFree, Clear Browser, MX Player with codecs, Twitter, Zedge, Chess Free

oba:

I have it always on GPRS, then i do not use wifi NEVER and I left the phone on airplane mode on nights. I always close the applications.

I always close the applicatons too (I use the long back button press, provided by this rom).

Guest Akash P

Why on earth are people complaining about the ROM's battery life? It's already been proven to give the most battery life as compared to ANY other ROM out there.

I am always on sync, Data is always on when I'm away from home. At home I always turn on my WiFi. I have never had any complains about the battery life. The apps that I have are Tapatalk, XDA Premium, Plume, Instagram, Smart Keyboard Pro, Tasks, FlightTrack, Facebook & Messenger, Due Today, Google Maps, Opera, Weather Flow, WhatsApp and so many Games.

post-909406-0-11437300-1338118994_thumb. post-909406-0-51111000-1338118997_thumb.

Why on earth are people complaining about the ROM's battery life? It's already been proven to give the most battery life as compared to ANY other ROM out there.

Maybe, because theye have (and I have) problems with it :) I belive that it gives the most battery life for most of the users, but you have to belive that I dont have it. And I'm not asking for help because I'm lying or I am trolling... lol. "Why on earth" you don't belive that my battery is draining from 100% to 0 in 10-15 hrs with normal usage (and with 8-10 hrs of _standby_) ? :)

Guest chraist

Maybe, because theye have (and I have) problems with it :) I belive that it gives the most battery life for most of the users, but you have to belive that I dont have it. And I'm not asking for help because I'm lying or I am trolling... lol. "Why on earth" you don't belive that my battery is draining from 100% to 0 in 10-15 hrs with normal usage (and with 8-10 hrs of _standby_) ? :)

Did you have your phone fully charged when you flashed this rom?

If not, charge it and reflash and have a new go. And give the rom a couple of charges so the system will fully "learn" to use your battery to the fullest.

Guest archish

Check if your battery drain is at max 1-2% when on standby with wifi, data, gps, bt off...when you leave it overnight. If yes then rom is working fine on ur phone and you need to check your usage. For example if the screen is running on 100% brightness all time then getting 8hours backup would be lucky enough.

Guest meep.o.matic

I have this weird proximity issue...

My phone just refuses to calibrate the sensor, never had any issues with it, until, about 4 or 5 months ago I sent the phone for a warranty digitizer replacement. As I own a Libra and there aren't any screen protectors available for it so decided to leave the stock one that came with the new digitizer (no hole for the sensors). Just yesterday, I decided to tear it off and calibrate the sensor... it fails every single time! I even tried to reboot/wipe/reinstall and flash optional kernels... Also I've been swapping roms recently and decided to settle for this one, but during this time the calibration hasn't been used any time at all.

... help please?

EDIT: I obviously tried calibrating it through the option provided by this ROM, plus the official ZTE calibrator available in Google Play.

Edited by meep.o.matic

Guest daniel3ub

Talking about ROM's features...

What is the "long press button" feature supposed to do? In my phone when I long press the back button it just, well, reopens the last oppened app. Should it give me some notification or something like this?

BTW, the option is turned ON in the ROM's Settings page.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Check if your battery drain is at max 1-2% when on standby with wifi, data, gps, bt off...when you leave it overnight. If yes then rom is working fine on ur phone and you need to check your usage. For example if the screen is running on 100% brightness all time then getting 8hours backup would be lucky enough.

Hmm, I lost only 1% of battery level overnight. I usually lost 5-10% before, when I didn't turn off the wifi. I thought it is disabled by default when I lock the screen.

My brightness is on about 25%. Now I have 19hrs36mins usage and my battery level is on 24%. Is it good or bad? (its better than before, that's true). Cell standby usage is 39%, phone idle is 31%, wifi 14%, display 12%, android system 6%. Good values? :)

Talking about ROM's features...

What is the "long press button" feature supposed to do? In my phone when I long press the back button it just, well, reopens the last oppened app. Should it give me some notification or something like this?

BTW, the option is turned ON in the ROM's Settings page.

Thanks for the clarification :)

It closes the app you are actually using. Not just sent it to the background like the normal back button press. It is a very useful feature :)

Guest daniel3ub

Now about the SD cache: what's the recommended size to the SD cache? Will it increase performance or something?

I have a 256Mb model. Should I wipe everything, partition the SD Card, then reinstall the ROM from scratch or it will suffice to backup everything, partition the SD Card and then restore?

Thanks!

Guest archish

Hmm, I lost only 1% of battery level overnight. I usually lost 5-10% before, when I didn't turn off the wifi. I thought it is disabled by default when I lock the screen.

My brightness is on about 25%. Now I have 19hrs36mins usage and my battery level is on 24%. Is it good or bad? (its better than before, that's true). Cell standby usage is 39%, phone idle is 31%, wifi 14%, display 12%, android system 6%. Good values? :)

Wifi will auto disable if its set. Check under wifi advanced setting. For more battery disable unnecessary settings like haptic feedback and touch sounds. The attached screenshots are from cm 7.2 with my own kernel but should be similar in SS.

post-973410-13382215327985_thumb.jpg

post-973410-13382215592857_thumb.jpg

Guest DarkCrono

Now about the SD cache: what's the recommended size to the SD cache? Will it increase performance or something?

I have a 256Mb model. Should I wipe everything, partition the SD Card, then reinstall the ROM from scratch or it will suffice to backup everything, partition the SD Card and then restore?

Thanks!

Are you referring to read ahead? Default is 1024, if I'm not wrong, I've changed it to 128 on my Chinese v880 and noticed faster loadings in gallery, but you need to try it yourself. Just change it and reboot.

Guest daniel3ub

Are you referring to read ahead? Default is 1024, if I'm not wrong, I've changed it to 128 on my Chinese v880 and noticed faster loadings in gallery, but you need to try it yourself. Just change it and reboot.

Thanks for your answer, DarkCrono.

Never heard of this "read-ahead". I was talking about the cache in the SD card that somebody was commenting some days ago, made with the option to partition the SD card in the Recovery tool.

Do you know something about it?

Thanks!

Wifi will auto disable if its set. Check under wifi advanced setting. For more battery disable unnecessary settings like haptic feedback and touch sounds. The attached screenshots are from cm 7.2 with my own kernel but should be similar in SS.

Thanks for the tip. The wifi sleep policy settings was on "never". Wow, that was the problem... Thank you again :)

Guest daniel3ub

EDIT: Using the "Partition SD Card" in the Recovery Tool, I select 2048Mb (my SD Card size) for the EXT Size, and 256Mb for the CACHE Size.

- Done.

After reboot, the system tells me that the SD Card may be damaged, and I may want to format it.

I formated it from within android, and then returned to CWM Recovery to restore the backup.

The restore failed because there is no sd-ext partition.

Manually rebooted just to discover a brand new clean phone without even the dialer (This aplication is not installed in your phone).

Where am I getting wrong here?

Thanks for the help! :)

Edited by daniel3ub

Guest Ro-man

I have this weird proximity issue...

My phone just refuses to calibrate the sensor, never had any issues with it, until, about 4 or 5 months ago I sent the phone for a warranty digitizer replacement. As I own a Libra and there aren't any screen protectors available for it so decided to leave the stock one that came with the new digitizer (no hole for the sensors). Just yesterday, I decided to tear it off and calibrate the sensor... it fails every single time! I even tried to reboot/wipe/reinstall and flash optional kernels... Also I've been swapping roms recently and decided to settle for this one, but during this time the calibration hasn't been used any time at all.

... help please?

EDIT: I obviously tried calibrating it through the option provided by this ROM, plus the official ZTE calibrator available in Google Play.

Hi,

Let the phone to test itself with Emode Helper or by codes if you have ZTE Dealer. Hope it's help to expose any problems with your screen and phone.

Good luck.

P.S. As well try to calibrate in semi-dark - on the sun my sensor fails to calibrate to.

Emode Helper.zip