[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest haluziak

Orange San Francisco II

After I bought it imedieately download TPT helper use SF2v1c(think 160mb system 40mb cache) and run Fish N Chips

I tried to instal Swedish Snow RLS 7 (Volume down+Power into CWM then wiped everithing run zip, instalation complete)

After that when I start the phone it stucks on Orange screen (waited aprox 20min)

Pls do somebody know some solution?

sry for english

PS: tried to instal 5 times

PS2: also tried moldovan kernel

Edited by haluziak

Guest bladebuddy

This rom is for the original san Francisco or the ZTE blade , your phone is a ZTE crescent or blade 2. The rom" fish and chips" is available for both phones but with different zips that only work on the said phones.

You need to look on the ZTE crescent forum for a fix for your problem.

New SSD arrived and I installed a fresh Windows 7 (64 bit) on my computer. I connected the Blade to it, new hardwares was found and everythig has been installed automatically. The problem is, I can't mount my phone as an USB drive. Virtually it happens, even a new drive letter is assigned to it, but it's unreachable. Why is that?

Guest cornelyus

Hi!

I just reported a problem the other day.. http://www.modaco.com/topic/358751-no-deep-sleep-on-my-zte-blade-help/ .. so I decided to change roms to SS instead of Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 ..

Problem is, I still have the same problem in SS rom.. when i click the menu buttons, the screen turns on..

When I installed SS from zip on clockwork recovery it installed really fast and I remembered seeing something like "rom updated" .. is this because I installed on top of MMHM??

Maybe I should try another kernel?

Thanks for the help..

Guest snowbord

Wifi tether problem solved for me. I eventually got round to install this kernel -SS-RLS7-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip and its solved my problem.

I have been experiencing similar problems - tethering of any sort - be it wifi or USB - drops after a few minutes and has to be reactivated. I spent the best part of an entire day fiddling with different TPTs and kernels to figure out where the problem is.

I'm back on Moldovan Mountain RLS7 and it appears the Wifi tether is working fine again. Swedish Snow definitely has a tethering breaking bug when presumably the phone goes into deep sleep.

Is this SS-RLS7-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip undervolted? I'm back on Moldovan as I do like the undervolt, but am missing some of Swedish Snow's features. ConstaT - any plans on fixing this bug in Swedish Snow, or at least plans to release a stock undervolted kernel if that fixes the bug?

Thanks for your awesome ROMs.

Edited by snowbord

Guest philbean

Quick question from a thicky.

All up and running smoothly.. except...

I have an 8Gb SD card. Only 139Mb of it used.. yet when I try to move any more apps to the SD card I get an error

"Failed to move application. There is not enough storage left"

?

What am I doing wrong?

Is there only a small section of the SD put aside for apps? and if so.. how can I enlarge it?

Guest pravnrai1993

Quick question from a thicky.

All up and running smoothly.. except...

I have an 8Gb SD card. Only 139Mb of it used.. yet when I try to move any more apps to the SD card I get an error

"Failed to move application. There is not enough storage left"

?

What am I doing wrong?

Is there only a small section of the SD put aside for apps? and if so.. how can I enlarge it?

http://www.droidiser.com/2012/05/how-to-increase-internal-memory-and-ram.html#sthash.riw68WvO.dpbs

better you read this post. Its really gonna help you....:)

Guest philbean

Still don't get it.

My SD card is working. It has some apps on it.

In App Manager, it shows for the SD card, 136Mb used, 6+Gb free.

So why is it saying full when I try to move more apps to it?

Guest Snap.IT
Still don't get it.

My SD card is working. It has some apps on it.

In App Manager, it shows for the SD card, 136Mb used, 6+Gb free.

So why is it saying full when I try to move more apps to it?

You need an sd-ext partition on your sdcard to be able to use it with a2sd.

There are hundreds if not thousands of guides on how to do this via cwm, linux or windows so there really is no need repeating it. Just search for it.

Guest philbean

I HAVE an SD-ext partition. Thats what I'm saying.

If I examine the card in MiniTool partition manager it shows:

6.5Gb FAT32 primary partition - 162Mb used, 6.43Gb unused

976Mb EXT2 primary partition - 208Mb used, 768Mb unsused

The EXT2 partition is there and has some apps on it. Some of my apps are showing as 'on SD card' in appmanager.

But it says the SD is full now when trying to move more apps onto it. And I don't know why.

Guest bladebuddy

I don't know if this will work but someone on the Huawei g300 forum had the same problem and a member there recommended that they try fixing permissions in advanced settings on CWM as a fix. Don't know if it works as I have never had that problem, so if it does could you report back cheers J.

Thank you very much for your ROM.

I have replaced the latest nightly of CM7 with your ROM and the device (Chinese ZTE V880) is working much smoother.

One thing I noticed, as I am using the Hebrew fonts, is that I could not see the bold Hebrew fonts (regular Hebrew font was used instead of them).

I have overriden the fonts directory with the fonts in the following link and it solved this "bold" problem.

http://iandroid.co.i...ile.php?id=1224

Edited by Nir Z

Guest Snap.IT

I HAVE an SD-ext partition. Thats what I'm saying.

If I examine the card in MiniTool partition manager it shows:

6.5Gb FAT32 primary partition - 162Mb used, 6.43Gb unused

976Mb EXT2 primary partition - 208Mb used, 768Mb unsused

The EXT2 partition is there and has some apps on it. Some of my apps are showing as 'on SD card' in appmanager.

But it says the SD is full now when trying to move more apps onto it. And I don't know why.

Well if it is an ext2 partition then it should work, try fsck -f on it and see what happens.

In most cases the "created" partitions are ext3 without journaling and SSRLS7 doesn't work properly with those. It's a problem with unsafe partitioning via CWM since forever which is why i excluded that part from my version, just use parted manually, it's easy enough.

Guest somewhatdog

Firstly a search didn't show anyone else raising this but if it's been raised and discussed already, my apologies in advance...

I just replaced CM7 with this and I it's both smoother and better suited to the (fairly basic, let's be honest) hardware on offer here - I'm quite pleased with it tbh

I do have one fairly sizeable issue tho - the decision to include an ad-blocking HOSTS file is mind-boggling and tantamount to (possibly worse than) just throwing pirated software in with the ROM.

If people want to block ads there are plenty of ways of doing it - and anyone installing this ROM has the root access they need to install such tools. By preloading the HOSTS you remove that choice AND you don't offer an "on off switch" either (which an app uninstall would offer).

I suspect many users will be completely unaware there's an adblocking HOSTS file at all - they may not realise until a game refuses to run (my own games refuse to run if they detect adblockers) or just crash (many games just exit if they detect adblocking without a message meaning the developer will get flak for your choice).

I also believe the HOSTS file you're using blunts performance quite a bit. Whether it's the size or just the weight of loads of traffic bouncing-off 127.0.0.1, it actually grinds some apps to a halt in my experience. Play Market/Amazon Appstore were ACHINGLY slow until I removed the HOSTS entries whereupon they burst back into their normal sluggish selves...

If you really must encourage people to not support developers (and as a developer I'd rather you didn't) then consider including an AdBlocker as an uninstallable/switchable app - or better still, just leave the choice to the user eh?

Guest somewhatdog

I use AdFree + DroidWall and never had any slowdowns or issues with apps or games.

The Amazon AppStore actually wouldn't work with the ad HOSTS file enabled - searches simply never returned any values. Play Store was also painfully slow and refused to show some screenshots/play some videos...

The HOSTS file is also a dogs breakfast of duplicated entries, entries which could be wildcarded and other junk. It has 31,000 entries in total - you cannot say that doesn't have an impact on performance because there's a LOT of stuff to check against there.

Even if it doesn't affect performance in every case tho, pre-installing an AdBlocker could easily be 'switched off' wheras switching-off the HOSTS file is a faffy thing to do. The HOSTS editor in the market place crashes when you try to edit a 31,000 entry HOSTS file - for example...

Bottom line, it's a terrible idea to include what amounts to 'piracy' software in a ROM - and worse to make it 'invisible' and not offer an easy way of disabling it. If users want to cheat developers and freeload that's one thing - but pushing that onto them is something entirely different.

Edited by somewhatdog

Guest bladebuddy

Did Konsta come to you're house and put a gun to you're head and say " you better install this rom or else".

We live in a world of free choice , its also stated on the first page that the rom contains add blocking hosts.

There are at least 50 other rom's you could use , but instead you use this rom then slate the developer for adding add blocking hosts to his own rom.

The bottom line if you don't like it don't use it.