[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Mikdroid

I sometimes have issues with the picture shaking, or the color is completely distorted, when streaming videos from sites like YouTube. I tried deleting the app and reinstalled it without success. Never had this problem before. What I can recall is that this happened when RLS4b was installed, without full wipe. This is only internet related it seems, because playing movies stored on my SD plays just fine.

Edited by Mikdroid

Guest matje103

Is there a possibility that ZTE will release their kernel source codes? I'm frustrated because my camera doesn't work. My cousin has a blade too, which is exactly the same as mine though he has a properly working camera (which makes me even more frustrated :( ). Going back to my stock rom is not an option, I hate my stock rom ;)

Edited by matje103

Guest deksman2

Is there a possibility that ZTE will release their kernel source codes? I'm frustrated because my camera doesn't work. My cousin has a blade too, which is exactly the same as mine though he has a properly working camera (which makes me even more frustrated :( ). Going back to my stock rom is not an option, I hate my stock rom ;)

Camera works fine for me, though I'm using RLS3b.

Regardless, have you done a full wipe before installing the ROM?

Guest KonstaT

They will release it eventually. They are legally obligated to do so. And when they finally release it, it will surely dissapoint us somehow. They have a bad record of releasing incomplete/old code.

I've already emailed ZTE, requested the code and reminded them of GPL. They should also release the source for the froyo .32 kernel since they have obviously modified it since their last release (your camera is working with your stock ROM).

Is possible xt9 keyboard on this rom?

If answer is yes than how do I do?

Find a ZTE gingerbread ROM with xt9. Copy these files over to this ROM.

/system/usr/xt9/ directory

/system/lib/libjni_xt9input.so

/system/app/XT9IME.apk

matje103 has dutch Blade that has different camera hardware. Also some of Indian Idea Blade users have camera issues. There is a stock kernel in the first post for people with hardware issues.

Guest Щачло карпа

Same Problem on mine on the most ROMs i've tested.

You can set the focusing mode in the camera options from 'automatic' to 'infinity'.

With these settings i am able to take pictures. It works ONLY for the camera app. When i use barcode scanner apps the preview screen freezes and i can't take photos any more. -> Restart.

Guest matje103

Yeah I did a full wipe, but I don't think it has anything to do with that. It didn't work on RLS3 either..

They will release it eventually. They are legally obligated to do so. And when they finally release it, it will surely dissapoint us somehow. They have a bad record of releasing incomplete/old code.

I've already emailed ZTE, requested the code and reminded them of GPL. They should also release the source for the froyo .32 kernel since they have obviously modified it since their last release (your camera is working with your stock ROM).

Awesome! Thanks for your beautiful rom, way better than CM. Btw: In logcat, when I set the filter to errors it says that my blade can't find my camera.. Is it just a missing driver?

Same Problem on mine on the most ROMs i've tested.

You can set the focusing mode in the camera options from 'automatic' to 'infinity'.

With these settings i am able to take pictures. It works ONLY for the camera app. When i use barcode scanner apps the preview screen freezes and i can't take photos any more. -> Restart.

When I open the camera application, it force closes.. Can't edit any settings or anything..

Edited by matje103

Guest Sheshnag

Many thanks for this ROM. I have now ported from Gen 1 Orange San Francisco (Swedish Spring ROM) to this using TPT. I was a bit worried as when I did Vol up + Menu + Power no green text appeared. But the back button went red and after some time the phone booted into this ROM. I am actually finding this very smooth and working well in most cases. No Camera issue for me. One problem I do have is:

1. Proximity sensor - I have multiple calib - but it is showing as fail!! Not sure if I can live with this or I need to do something??

Guest matje103

Many thanks for this ROM. I have now ported from Gen 1 Orange San Francisco (Swedish Spring ROM) to this using TPT. I was a bit worried as when I did Vol up + Menu + Power no green text appeared. But the back button went red and after some time the phone booted into this ROM. I am actually finding this very smooth and working well in most cases. No Camera issue for me. One problem I do have is:

1. Proximity sensor - I have multiple calib - but it is showing as fail!! Not sure if I can live with this or I need to do something??

Flash the stock kernel from post 1, fixed it for me.

Guest sssingletrack

Have you tried swiping your finger over the sensor ? mine shows fail and yes instead off yes and no but it works fine

Edited by sssingletrack

Guest MidaMilunk

Is possible xt9 keyboard on this rom?

If answer is yes than how do I do?

Do you mean T9 dialer? The keyboard selection is up to you, so I assume, you do...

The original ZTE dialer is a "T9" one, but can not handle international characters in names, and can not sync to facebook (? - I am not entirely sure, I never sync to FB). I have changed the simple CM7 dialer to the T9 one (from the CM7 project as well) with an update zip, and did not face any problem - but people around here did, this was the reason, why RLS3 and 4 have the simple one by default.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest jventura

KonstaT,

I've installed your ROM (SS 4b), it is very good indeed, but it has some translation errors for pt-PT (Portuguese of Portugal). So, I've corrected most of them on the following files: framework-res.apk, Settings.apk, QuickPanelSettings.apk..

The files with the translations are on the following link: http://www.mediafire.com/?d8yuv71ph782wmh

If you ever release a version 5, you can use these (or use the values-pt_rPT folders), since they are the same as yours plus the "pt-rPT" translations.. The process I used I think it is common (used apktool to decompile and recompile the apks, and copied the resources.arsc file to the original apks). :rolleyes:

If any Portuguese wants this translations, just copy Settings.apk and QuickPanelSettings to "/system/app" and framework-res.apk to "/system/framework".

Do you mean T9 dialer? The keyboard selection is up to you, so I assume, you do...

The original ZTE dialer is a "T9" one, but can not handle international characters in names, and can not sync to facebook (? - I am not entirely sure, I never sync to FB). I have changed the simple CM7 dialer to the T9 one (from the CM7 project as well) with an update zip, and did not face any problem - but people around here did, this was the reason, why RLS3 and 4 have the simple one by default.

Where can i get the T9 cm7 dialer? The only thing i find is the simple cm7 or the zte dialer

Edited by kogos

Guest Davidoff59

Hey konstaT. did you get any reply from Zte? It was short and sweet for me. They said 'sorry, source code is not available to provide' and that was it, end of email.

I'm not sure what that means. If its out on phones, then it should be available.

Guest Max-Power

Hi KonstaT,

Not sure this is a problem for most but as I was swapping over phones last night to my OSF OLED version (and might I say the screen is a lot better than TFT than I thought!), I noticed that if the setup wizard runs when there's no SIM in the phone, it'll reach the final page and the wizard crash when you click finish. This results in a black screen with only the notification bar at the top you can drag down. Managed to replicate this consistently!

I then for some reason tried to go into Clockwork Mod by holding down volume up on turning it on when it froze half way through loading... had to pull battery out, then it never wanted to boot up... d'oh! I eventually just took out the sd card, mounted it on my PC and copied over the TPT installation and redid it that way. Once I did that though, I put in my SIM card as well so I could successfully set it up.

Like I said, not a problem for most but I just stumbled across it when setting it up for my sis-in-law without her sim card (as she's not got it yet).... it's SS 4b btw :)

Ta!

hi konstat

i recently flashed Swedish-Snow-RLS4b rom via clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 to my zte blade but i always get a toast message saying radio denied superuser permission whenever i turn on the phone or when i reboot.The worst part is that when i enter my sim card 4 digit pin the phone reboots while unlocking the sim card.after rebooting i enter the pin again and immedeitely i press ok to verify the pin the phone just reboots and this goes on and on.sometimes when i install apps and then i reboot the phone some or all the user apps disappear from the app drawer and if i go manage applications menu they appear to be stored in the memory card though they cant still be accessed.i have partitioned sdcard to ext 3.

i wiped data before install and i have not messed up any settings whatsoever eg the overcloking or anything else.infact i have tried to flash this rom several times but the problem always persist(ie phone reboots whenever i input sim pin and the message that appears saying that radio has been denied super user permission)

I had previously installed cynogenmod 7.1.0. after i upgraded my blade gen 1 to gen 2 via TPT method found on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1258855 which partitions the phone :2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data. could these partitions be the problem.should i have flashed the Swedish-Snow-RLS4b-TPT.zip all in one option instead.

bearing inmind that i have a gen 2 blade, will i brick my phone by flashing the all in one TPT zip(Swedish-Snow-RLS4b-TPT.zip) and will this fix my problems

please help

Guest downloader50

hi konstat

i recently flashed Swedish-Snow-RLS4b rom via clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 to my zte blade but i always get a toast message saying radio denied superuser permission whenever i turn on the phone or when i reboot.The worst part is that when i enter my sim card 4 digit pin the phone reboots while unlocking the sim card.after rebooting i enter the pin again and immedeitely i press ok to verify the pin the phone just reboots and this goes on and on.sometimes when i install apps and then i reboot the phone some or all the user apps disappear from the app drawer and if i go manage applications menu they appear to be stored in the memory card though they cant still be accessed.i have partitioned sdcard to ext 3.

i wiped data before install and i have not messed up any settings whatsoever eg the overcloking or anything else.infact i have tried to flash this rom several times but the problem always persist(ie phone reboots whenever i input sim pin and the message that appears saying that radio has been denied super user permission)

I had previously installed cynogenmod 7.1.0. after i upgraded my blade gen 1 to gen 2 via TPT method found on http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1258855 which partitions the phone :2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data. could these partitions be the problem.should i have flashed the Swedish-Snow-RLS4b-TPT.zip all in one option instead.

bearing inmind that i have a gen 2 blade, will i brick my phone by flashing the all in one TPT zip(Swedish-Snow-RLS4b-TPT.zip) and will this fix my problems

please help

It won't be the 160mb partition i have the same ans swedish snow 4b runs ok

Guest T.Verhoeven

Is there a way to disable the animation when the screen goes off?

Edit:

And I would like to know if there is a possibility to add a music widget to the lockscreen. And if you can enable 4 bars or gestures on the lockscreen.

Edited by T.Verhoeven