[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest johnnykabul

Hello,

I love this Bladerom the most of al the roms...but also in this rom there is a camera/cam bug. The immages are upsidedown. I have the Blade with the 5mp camera (bought in dec 2011).

A patch?

Keep up the good roms ;)

Guest Davidoff59

Hey KonstaT, don't burn yourself out with these roms. Do it at your own pace. All credit to you, you are the most patient tolerant dev that I have seen I think.

I would prefer infrequent roms and you being a developer for a long time rather than the way it is now, as now, I feel with all the requests, bug reports etc, people are taking things for granted now and I'm afraid your just going to get fed up with doing it.

Hobbies should be enjoyable, and if people are taking the fun out of it, then the hobby isn't going to last.

Please respect that the developer has a life to lead. By all means post bug reports or feedback but if a small group chases him away, it's a very large group that suffers.

Guest raverrr

Hey KonstaT, don't burn yourself out with these roms. Do it at your own pace. All credit to you, you are the most patient tolerant dev that I have seen I think.

I would prefer infrequent roms and you being a developer for a long time rather than the way it is now, as now, I feel with all the requests, bug reports etc, people are taking things for granted now and I'm afraid your just going to get fed up with doing it.

Hobbies should be enjoyable, and if people are taking the fun out of it, then the hobby isn't going to last.

Please respect that the developer has a life to lead. By all means post bug reports or feedback but if a small group chases him away, it's a very large group that suffers.

Words of one, thoughts of many

+1

Guest tcpaulh

Does anyone know how to disable the notification LED to reduce battery drain? Hoping there's an app.

Edit: gonna give light flow a try

Edited by tcpaulh

Thank you KonstaT for a realy good ROM. So far I didn't find any problems with it. I have been using your previous ROM (MMHP) which was very good as well. Everything works smooth and nice.

I really admire your patience and support.

At first I was disappointed to learn that there will be no Vanilla version of this ROM - I was happily using MMHMP vanilla versions. However, I decided to check it out and was delighted to find a very Vanilla look and feel by default! Not missing a special Vanilla at all.

Very happy with this one! I haven't encountered any major bugs and the system is very smooth and snappy.

The hardware backlights still have a hard time making up their mind whether or not they need to be lighted at any given time. Some indecisiveness also in the screen auto-brightness. MMHMP displayed the same problems, and I seem to remember CM7 having this too.

Guest tucniak

Hi, thx very much for this rom!

I had serious problems with battery life--so I bought a new battery, even stronger one..and installed new rom, cyanogen..

however I still had troubles (chargred overnight and be dead in the evening with very light use, or having 55 bat level and waking up with phone being dead..)

that all after battery recalibration tips and new battery..

So i thought new battery is crappy too, but still tried your rom..currently im at 53 after 1d 16h of modreate usage (except for night ofc)..which is wonderful imo..!

Guest KonstaT

Browser fc when I try to upload a pic from my phone....last saw that in gsf....

Care to be more specific? What force-closes while trying to do what? That didn't help much...

Hello,

I love this Bladerom the most of al the roms...but also in this rom there is a camera/cam bug. The immages are upsidedown. I have the Blade with the 5mp camera (bought in dec 2011).

Yeah, I've seen couple of reports about this. It is possible that you have new unsupported camera sensor. Nothing is going to happen untill one of you can pull some usefull information about that camera sensor.

Get logcat during that camera force-close. Get dmesg from booting. Restore your stock ROM (it has camera working right?) and do

zcat /proc/config.gz > /sdcard/config.txt
[/code]

in terminal and post the outputs somewhere.

Thanks, I think I can still handle this. :)

Guest Akash P

KonstaT, my man! could you in the next release completely get rid of that orange overscroll glow.. or make it very faint, like we could in CM7. It looks very fugly on a white background! I know i can do it through kitchen.. but woild like to have it by default!

My battery stats shows that android OS is consuming 60% of my battery with light use? Is it normal?

I have the same and i know it's high. i reinstalled all my phone again and used TPT with no luck.

beside i still have a problem that some apps still runing even when i terminate it. Market always on and google maps runing in background. i force my self to uninstall maps to get rid of the service in the back ground. Phone calls get the battery down quick on my phone & I feel that apps dosen't close as it should. i'm sure there is somthing wrong with my phone but i can't figure it out.

Edited by mon3em

Guest Shahmatt

I seem to be experiencing abnormal behavior while using google maps. I am not sure if this is a bug in a newer version.

Basically my google maps sort of gets unresponsive when loading the map image or when GPS searching. The app does recover in a few seconds but during this time I am hesitant to touch the screen and move around because I fear it might get stuck.

The maps on my earlier Ginger Stir-Fry B21 was very smooth and never at any point got stuck. Is this the way the new gmaps is supposed to behave, or is there something wrong? Can anyone comment?

Guest KonstaT

I have the same and i know it's high. i reinstalled all my phone again and used TPT with no luck.

beside i still have a problem that some apps still runing even when i terminate it. Market always on and google maps runing in background. i force my self to uninstall maps to get rid of the service in the back ground. Phone calls get the battery down quick on my phone & I feel that apps dosen't close as it should. i'm sure there is somthing wrong with my phone but i can't figure it out.

Don't use task killers! Processes like market and maps are supposed to be running on the background. If you kill them, they'll only restart moments later. This will lead into vicious cycle of apps being killed and restarted all over again.

I seem to be experiencing abnormal behavior while using google maps. I am not sure if this is a bug in a newer version.

Basically my google maps sort of gets unresponsive when loading the map image or when GPS searching. The app does recover in a few seconds but during this time I am hesitant to touch the screen and move around because I fear it might get stuck.

The maps on my earlier Ginger Stir-Fry B21 was very smooth and never at any point got stuck. Is this the way the new gmaps is supposed to behave, or is there something wrong? Can anyone comment?

In my experience the two latest maps versions (6.1.0 and 6.1.1) have been quite buggy. Some issues with latitude sign-up and I haven't (and won't) icluded them in this ROM. Try unistalling updates for market and you should have maps 6.0.3 that's included in this ROM.

Guest kadettgte

Hi all, this is probably my first post.

I've been using KonstaT ROM's for quite a while now, and here's a small contribution.

For all of you Sip users who have issues because your carriers use special chars (like +351....) "notice the +" and can't login to your sip servers.

This is because android has a bug parsing the username bla bla bla and stuff.

Here i post a patched framework.jar, the only modified files were SipHelper and SipPhone.

The process was something like build the fixed framework from AOSP, smali this rom's framework, and replace those files with mine, and then repack it.

I tested it a couple of times with no issues.

http://devil.dynip.sapo.pt/files/framework.jar

Best Regards.

:D

(Sorry for bad english)

Guest KonstaT

Hi all, this is probably my first post.

I've been using KonstaT ROM's for quite a while now, and here's a small contribution.

For all of you Sip users who have issues because your carriers use special chars (like +351....) "notice the +" and can't login to your sip servers.

This is because android has a bug parsing the username bla bla bla and stuff.

Here i post a patched framework.jar, the only modified files were SipHelper and SipPhone.

The process was something like build the fixed framework from AOSP, smali this rom's framework, and replace those files with mine, and then repack it.

I tested it a couple of times with no issues.

http://devil.dynip.sapo.pt/files/framework.jar

Best Regards.

:D

(Sorry for bad english)

Thanks. :) I'm just uploading RLS2 and guess what, I've changed framework.jar. :( There's stuff that's needed for the RTL support. Also MVNO add-on changes framework.jar. If you don't need RTL or MVNO, it still should be ok to use this file.

If you can PM me the changes, it can be included in the next release. You'll be credited of course. :)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS2. Few new add-ons, couple of old ones just renamed. Added TPT installation method, see the first post for instructions. Changelog in the second post.

Swedish-Snow-RLS2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?8yghvb7w6h4mk7h (mirror)

MD5:5A4BB603028AA25B9C493BB4A148319A

Swedish-Snow-RLS2-TPT.zip (see the first post for installation instructions)

http://www.mediafire.com/?d54r774wlj61y71

MD5:DEC749AB72E8E5FBED5111FE46F92173

Add-ons:

-SS-RLS2-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip (stock kernel with wifi driver)

http://www.mediafire.com/?p55u05a5s52fo7z

MD5:376059C68A5634E3D2C7D5C588314C30

-SS-RLS2-MVNO.zip (Framework patch to support MVNOs (mobile virtual network operators). Generic RILs from 4G4G_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B25. This equals ticking 'national roaming' box in CM7. I'm not held responsible for any roaming charges. More info and thanks to leromarinvit)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sj6sk643kcpmyn0

MD5:A5C3D28D11A3991BB725620E3A39A4AE

-SS-Toggle2G.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?wwhfwdhypqfipk4

MD5:C689F86A65A5D286319C8B8363A04ACD

RLS2 changelog:

-added full support for RTL languages (thanks to Madmack)

-ROM settings translated to lithuanian (thanks to Maxsas360)

-ROM settings translated to russian (thanks to Anekc and Maxsas360)

-ROM settings translated to brazilian/portuguese (thanks to DarkCrono)

-ROM settings translated to hungarian (thanks to xside)

-ROM settings translated to finnish

-updated CM7 T9 dialer/contacts (more translations)

-updated CM7 keyboard (Nederlands (België) AZERTY layout included)

-added dutch, hungarian, norwegian and croatian dictionaries to the keyboard

-added support for bootsound (place the sound you want to play during boot to /system/media/audio/ui/bootsound.mp3)

-updated No-Frills CPU Control

-zipaligned

Edited by KonstaT

Guest JTK-Power

Terve KonstaT! =)

Just for fun i wanted to test bootsound, but how can i copy file to ui folder? i place a soundfile on sdcard then i go in filemanager and copy that soundfile and try to paste in system/media/audio, but i cant paste it there,, it says "cant paste in systemfile" or somthing like that! and the ui folder i cant see when i have a copy file. but if i go in to that folder whitout any copyied file i can se all files and folders.

if u need to know any more i upgraded from SS RLS1 to SS RLS 2, with only wipe cache and dalvik.. not data. if its necessary to know =)

Best regards

Edited by JTK-Power

Guest KonstaT

Terve KonstaT! =)

Just for fun i wanted to test bootsound, but how can i copy file to ui folder? i place a soundfile on sdcard then i go in filemanager and copy that soundfile and try to paste in system/media/audio, but i cant paste it there,, it says "cant paste in systemfile" or somthing like that! and the ui folder i cant see when i have a copy file. but if i go in to that folder whitout any copyied file i can se all files and folders.

if u need to know any more i upgraded from SS RLS1 to SS RLS 2, with only wipe cache and dalvik.. not data. if its necessary to know =)

Best regards

You can add it into the ROM zip before flashing using some zip tool.

You can also use some advanced file manager e.g. Root Explorer.

Or in terminal

su
sysrw
cp /sdcard/yoursoundfilename.mp3 /system/media/audio/ui/bootsound.mp3
sysro
[/code]

if the file was in the root of your sdcard. Also remember that filenames are case sensitive.

Edited by KonstaT

Hi KonstaT !!!!

Can you tell me, do you have to install the stock kernal addon after the rom.

With thanks

Mickr

Yes, that's correct. First flash the rom and then the kernel right after.

Edited by sm4tik