[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest bladebuddy

Congratulations Konsta on another brilliant rom. Its made me give up my crescent and come back to my blade, just whilst I wait for you to port this over for the crescent " Hint Hint". The rom runs perfect as usual. I just need a little help getting my dancing Ginger bread man bootup animation dancing to my prodigy warriors of dance mp3.I put the mp3 in system/media/audio/ui. Do not see a file called bootsound mp3, so I rename prodigy to bootsound mp3 and still no raving Ginger bread man. So could you tell me what I am doing wrong, apart from everything. Cheers for the rom again, and who needs ICS now we have rls7. Edit I keep getting a green line running along the top of my screen only in portrait view. Have you added this, as I have never noticed this in you're other roms. Thanks.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest sidbali

on mine it didn't come up as an app but i downloaded the a2sdgui off play store https://play.google....mEyc2RHVUkiXQ..

to know if it's working go into rom settings then partition info and see if theres anything on ext

i've noticed on my phone if the wifi/ H/3g simbol hasn't turned green it will show the download but not move the progress, try switching to wifi if your on H/3g

it shouldnt screw things up using stock move to sd but if a2sd is working anything that says it is on internal will actually be on ext and it would be better to leave it all on ext

Thanks for your help maff91.

Got my problems sorted out. I found that my sd-card was giving troubles as it probably had not been formatted properly or there must have been some errors on it. At times it would mount and at times it wouldn't.

So I did a full (slow) format on the sd-card using windows (fat32 & default size allocation), recreated an ext3 partition using CWM, did a FULL WIPE & then reflashed RLS7. Also I took your advice and decided to leave everything on the ext partition and NOT move anything using the stock "move to sd". Now everything seems to work perfectly.

Another thing that I discovered is that one should NOT use the "Settings > Storage > Erase SD Card" as it probably screws up both the EXT3 & FAT32 partitions, rendering the sd-card unmountable and with errors.

Thanks again !!!

Cheers,

sidbali

Edited by sidbali

Guest d_borghi

hi KonstaT,

this is the only one rom!!!

I've a problem with wifi but only with my personal router sitecom wl-583.

zte connect to it regularly, but sometimes can't surf on internet. sitecom says that is a problem of android.

what do you think about this situation?

tnx

db

Guest matje103

whilst I'm writing this post I'm in the car using usb tethering on my laptop and it works flawlessly! I'm waiting till CM7.2 RC2 is released, and I'll bug their bugtracker with my camera issues. Thanks Konstat for this awesome rom once more.

Guest sidbali

on mine it didn't come up as an app but i downloaded the a2sdgui off play store https://play.google....mEyc2RHVUkiXQ..

to know if it's working go into rom settings then partition info and see if theres anything on ext

i've noticed on my phone if the wifi/ H/3g simbol hasn't turned green it will show the download but not move the progress, try switching to wifi if your on H/3g

it shouldnt screw things up using stock move to sd but if a2sd is working anything that says it is on internal will actually be on ext and it would be better to leave it all on ext

Just a bit curious about the above statement (in bold blue). Refering to the screenshot below, it shows that there is 129mb on /data (internal Memory) and 130mb on /system/sd (ext).

post-971070-0-86303100-1334484701_thumb.

So what you are saying is that the 129mb on /data is actually on the sd (ext) partition. Is my interpretation correct? The reason I am curious is because I have now installed EXACTLY the same APPS as I had before on my device (RLS6) without any sd(ext) partition, and the application manager would show "used 129mb of 326mb". Now with the sd(ext) partition it still shows 129mb on internal memory and 130mb on sd(ext).

This leads me to a second doubt......what happens when the system (partition info or any other) shows 326mb full on internal memory? How will the OS recognise that there is still loads of space on the sd(ext). Just curious.

Cheers,

sidbali

Edited by sidbali

Guest KTamas

Is the battery life improved on RLS7 over RLS6? I've upgraded from the official 2.3 ROM to SS RLS6 and it is much better and faster but it drains my battery waaaaaaaay faster. (and yes I'm already through several charges.)

Edited by KTamas

Guest bladebuddy
Congratulations Konsta on another brilliant rom. Its made me give up my crescent and come back to my blade, just whilst I wait for you to port this over for the crescent " Hint Hint". The rom runs perfect as usual. I just need a little help getting my dancing Ginger bread man bootup animation dancing to my prodigy warriors of dance mp3.I put the mp3 in system/media/audio/ui. Do not see a file called bootsound mp3, so I rename prodigy to bootsound mp3 and still no raving Ginger bread man. So could you tell me what I am doing wrong, apart from everything. Cheers for the rom again, and who needs ICS now we have rls7. Edit I keep getting a green line running along the top of my screen only in portrait view. Have you added this, as I have never noticed this in you're other roms. Thanks.

Sorry for the double post, wanted to show you the green line I was quoting about , just in case it's not showing on other phones. Edit the green line shows in the gallery pic but not in the upload sorry for waste space on the thread.

post-955381-133449162971_thumb.jpg

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest bitxue

Is the battery life improved on RLS7 over RLS6? I've upgraded from the official 2.3 ROM to SS RLS6 and it is much better and faster but it drains my battery waaaaaaaay faster. (and yes I'm already through several charges.)

+1

I switched from cm7 kang dev to SS RLS6 several days ago. I found it is better but battery life is a little shorter than before. So I switch back to cm7 kang now. I really like ss rls serial ROMs, but is there anyone who knows if RLS7 have a better battery life than RLS6?

Edited by bitxue

Guest tcpaulh

I guess no one else is receiving duplicate sms's on rls7?

I've cleared the messaging app cache + dalvik for the hell of it but still receiving duplicates of all incoming msg's inn both stock messaging and latest go sms

Frustrating...but I'm not pointing the finger at this rom

On three fwiw

Guest Snaku

+1

I switched from cm7 kang dev to SS RLS6 several days ago. I found it is better but battery life is a little shorter than before. So I switch back to cm7 kang now. I really like ss rls serial ROMs, but is there anyone who knows if RLS7 have a better battery life than RLS6?

I was using RLS6 for some time, but like last week I got struck with battery drain. First I was not sure which app was causing this, but after some uninstalls I'm fairly sure it was the gmail app update to version 2.3.6 dated from april 4 is the dealbreaker. I uninstalled the update back to 2.3.5.2 (the version which came with RLS6) and it fixed my battery drains. At the meantime I'm relunctant to upgrade to RLS7, since I don't know which version of gmail comes with RLS7.

Guest DarkCrono

Sorry for the double post, wanted to show you the green line I was quoting about , just in case it's not showing on other phones. Edit the green line shows in the gallery pic but not in the upload sorry for waste space on the thread.

It's the battery bar, deactivate it under ROM settings.

Guest bitxue

I was using RLS6 for some time, but like last week I got struck with battery drain. First I was not sure which app was causing this, but after some uninstalls I'm fairly sure it was the gmail app update to version 2.3.6 dated from april 4 is the dealbreaker. I uninstalled the update back to 2.3.5.2 (the version which came with RLS6) and it fixed my battery drains. At the meantime I'm relunctant to upgrade to RLS7, since I don't know which version of gmail comes with RLS7.

If so, I'd like to try RLS7~

Guest KonstaT

hi KonstaT,

this is the only one rom!!!

I've a problem with wifi but only with my personal router sitecom wl-583.

zte connect to it regularly, but sometimes can't surf on internet. sitecom says that is a problem of android.

what do you think about this situation?

tnx

db

Don't know what could be the problem if it still works time to time. You could try some different settings in your router.

There were some issues with some older model routers that didn't connect at all. wbaw posted an older version of dhcpcd that should work with old routers too.

So what you are saying is that the 129mb on /data is actually on the sd (ext) partition. Is my interpretation correct? The reason I am curious is because I have now installed EXACTLY the same APPS as I had before on my device (RLS6) without any sd(ext) partition, and the application manager would show "used 129mb of 326mb". Now with the sd(ext) partition it still shows 129mb on internal memory and 130mb on sd(ext).

This leads me to a second doubt......what happens when the system (partition info or any other) shows 326mb full on internal memory? How will the OS recognise that there is still loads of space on the sd(ext). Just curious.

No, using darktremors default settings only two directories from /data are symlinked to EXT partition (/data/app and /data/app-private, these only include app's apk files). There is still plenty of other stuff left on the actual /data partition e.g. dalvik cache (/data/dalvik-cache) and user data for each app (/data/data).

+1

If you use this ROM with a stock kernel there shouldn't be much of a difference in battery performance compared to stock 2.3.5 ROM (sure there are few performance tweaks here, but also battery tweaks).

There are plenty of optional kernels in the first post. SS-RLS7-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip is pretty much the kernel that was in RLS1-RLS5. RLS6 introduced new kernel and new wifi module. There are no other changes that I can think of that should have any impact on battery performance.

I guess no one else is receiving duplicate sms's on rls7?

I've cleared the messaging app cache + dalvik for the hell of it but still receiving duplicates of all incoming msg's inn both stock messaging and latest go sms

Frustrating...but I'm not pointing the finger at this rom

On three fwiw

I think this is a known bug in go sms.

http://gosms.goforandroid.com/?cat=3

"Fix vibration issue and receiving double messages issue for some phone model" in the latest release.

Guest Snaku

If so, I'd like to try RLS7~

Please do so and share what version of gmail is included with RLS7.

Seriously I don't know if everyone else is getting battery drain with gmail 2.3.6 or it's just me but in my case I'm using the following preferences:

- GSM only

- 128MB system, 2MB cache, 311MB data

- google background sync turned on for whats app

- google contacts, gmail and calendar sync turned off (in Accounts & Sync) -> I sync gmail manually

The drain occur when I switch wifi on, with gmail 2.3.5.2 I get about 1% drain every hour, with 2.3.6 I get 5% drain every hour, while on standby, not doing anything stressing the processor.

If anyone know what is causing the drain please share?

Edited by Snaku

Guest Kalecgos

I can't enter birthdays when I edit my contacts (no field to enter birthdays available). Is that normal? (using german language setting)

Can I please get an answer to this not very complicated question? A friend has a Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.3.2 and he has a field to enter birthdays for his contacts. I don't have one with this ROM (RLS6). Shouldn't there be one?

Guest bladebuddy

Can I please get an answer to this not very complicated question? A friend has a Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.3.2 and he has a field to enter birthdays for his contacts. I don't have one with this ROM (RLS6). Shouldn't there be one?

It's not a option on the stock dialer but you could try flashing the ZTE dialer zip on the first page. It's one of the add ons. You need to do a full wipe first.

Guest StDannyDan

Made a clean install of RLS7 and my wifi stopped working :( There was no problem in RLS6

p.s. re-install helps

Edited by StDannyDan

Guest maff91

Made a clean install of RLS7 and my wifi stopped working :( There was no problem in RLS6

p.s. re-install helps

try deleting wpa_supplicant.conf in /data/misc/wifi/

this file stores wifi passwords and information and if it is formated wrong will cause the wifi not to work, if you open this file with a note editor before deleting you can take note of any existing passwords. once deleted when you try wifi again a new file will be made which should be formated correctly

Guest sidbali

No, using darktremors default settings only two directories from /data are symlinked to EXT partition (/data/app and /data/app-private, these only include app's apk files). There is still plenty of other stuff left on the actual /data partition e.g. dalvik cache (/data/dalvik-cache) and user data for each app (/data/data).

Hey KonstaT,

Apologize for pestering you time and again. However I've noted a bug in the "network mode toggle (2G-3G-2G/3G)" of the scrollable notification power widget that has been added into SS-RLS7. I don't know if others are experiencing the same issue and would appreciate if you could test and confirm.

Well I presume that it is SUPPOSED to function as follows:

a) Selecting "2G" (notification power widget)>>>>activates>>>>"GSM only"(Settings\....\Mobile networks\Network mode) and vice-versa.

b ) Selecting "3G" (notification power widget)>>>>activates>>>>"WCDMA only"(Settings\....\Mobile networks\Network mode) and vice-versa.

c) Selecting "2G/3G" (notification power widget)>>>>activates>>>>"GSM\WCDMA auto"(Settings\....\Mobile networks\Network mode) and vice-versa.

However c) does not work. If "2G/3G" is selected on the "power widget", "Settings...\Network mode" will INITIALLY show "GSM\WCDMA auto". Check "Settings" after a while AGAIN and it will show "WCDMA pref" and the pop-up dialog will show that none of the options are selected. The phone is effectively functioning in "WCDMA only" mode.

Similarly if "GSM\WCDMA auto" is selected in "Settings...\Network mode", the "power widget" will show "3G". The phone is again effectively functioning in "WCDMA only / 3G" mode.

SUMMARY........"Auto" mode is not working!!!!

NOTE: I am not using the "SS-RLS7-Toggle2G.zip" add-on.

Regards,

sidbali

Edited by sidbali

Guest DarkCrono

Hey KonstaT,

1) Apologize for pestering you time and again. However I've noted a bug in the "network mode toggle (2G-3G-2G/3G)" of the scrollable notification power widget that has been added into SS-RLS7. I don't know if others are experiencing the same issue and would appreciate if you could test and confirm.

a) Selecting "2G" (notification power widget)>>>>activates>>>>"GSM only"(Settings\....\Mobile networks\Network mode) and vice-versa.

b ) Selecting "3G" (notification power widget)>>>>activates>>>>"WCDMA only"(Settings\....\Mobile networks\Network mode) and vice-versa.

c) Selecting "2G/3G" (notification power widget)>>>>activates>>>>"GSM\WCDMA auto"(Settings\....\Mobile networks\Network mode) and vice-versa.

However c) does not work. If "2G/3G" is selected on the "power widget", "Settings...\Network mode" will INITIALLY show "GSM\WCDMA auto". Check "Settings" after a while AGAIN and it will show "WCDMA pref" and the pop-up dialog will show that none of the options are selected. The phone is effectively functioning in "WCDMA only" mode.

Similarly if "GSM\WCDMA auto" is selected in "Settings...\Network mode", the "power widget" will show "3G". The phone is again effectively functioning in "WCDMA only / 3G" mode.

Confirmed, even the icon back to 3g mode after a while

Guest adonwenas

Hey KonstaT,

1) Apologize for pestering you time and again. However I've noted a bug in the "network mode toggle (2G-3G-2G/3G)" of the scrollable notification power widget that has been added into SS-RLS7. I don't know if others are experiencing the same issue and would appreciate if you could test and confirm.

a) Selecting "2G" (notification power widget)>>>>activates>>>>"GSM only"(Settings....Mobile networksNetwork mode) and vice-versa.

b ) Selecting "3G" (notification power widget)>>>>activates>>>>"WCDMA only"(Settings....Mobile networksNetwork mode) and vice-versa.

c) Selecting "2G/3G" (notification power widget)>>>>activates>>>>"GSMWCDMA auto"(Settings....Mobile networksNetwork mode) and vice-versa.

However c) does not work. If "2G/3G" is selected on the "power widget", "Settings...Network mode" will INITIALLY show "GSMWCDMA auto". Check "Settings" after a while AGAIN and it will show "WCDMA pref" and the pop-up dialog will show that none of the options are selected. The phone is effectively functioning in "WCDMA only" mode.

Similarly if "GSMWCDMA auto" is selected in "Settings...Network mode", the "power widget" will show "3G". The phone is again effectively functioning in "WCDMA only / 3G" mode.

NOTE: I am not using the "SS-RLS7-Toggle2G.zip" add-on.

Regards,

sidbali

Its working fine on mine...

Its not turn to 2g/3g (gsm/wcdma) auto but to 2g/3g (gsm/wcdma) preferred ... this option doesn't included in rls7 thats why no option ticked on setting>mobile but the switching working fine...

When I'm not on 3g coverage it turn to "E" n when Im on 3g coverage it turn to "H" so what's the problems... ?

sent from V880 using Tapatalk

Edited by adonwenas