[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

does this could be usefull to activate/set swap?

try and let us know. It'll give you swap in a file. It's likely better than no swap at all.

my current combination in the moment is dt a2sd + swap partition 64MB on sd card. works good...

better make a swap partition on sd card

and try approach from the same author you cited from the same thread:

http://forum.cyanoge...post__p__155249

http://forum.cyanoge...post__p__155628

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/17798-am-i-the-only-person-using-a-swap-partition-and-swapper2-with-cm7-rc2/page__view__findpost__p__161039

Edited by pier11

@dr.flo

I see there is two versions of wpa_supplicant in CM tree. Version 5 and 6. As I guess we are building v5, while gingerbread and even froyo should interface with v6. Could it be a solution for our wifi issues in cm7? Or is it working completely correct with .29 kernel on existing set up? In latter case it should be something with new kernel...

I haven't used a .29-cm7 for a while now, I'm playing with cm6-clean ;)

But as far as I remember, with kernel .29 there were no wifi issues. And, in addition, taking this wpa_supplicant out of the CM7 rom, and plugging it into CM6 solves the wifi reconnection bug there (confirmed by twrock).

On the other hand, maybe v5 is just OK for pulses stock ar6000.ko because it is old; we should look at the device trees and find out how to enable v6 - then just try it.

I haven't used a .29-cm7 for a while now, I'm playing with cm6-clean ;)

But as far as I remember, with kernel .29 there were no wifi issues. And, in addition, taking this wpa_supplicant out of the CM7 rom, and plugging it into CM6 solves the wifi reconnection bug there (confirmed by twrock).

I read that thread...

Did your cam wrapper help to resolve camera apps issues on cm6 ?

Edited by pier11

I read that thread...

Did your cam wrapper help to resolve camera apps issues on cm6 ?

To be honest I didn't do further experiments with the wrapper on TXG roms. I would expect it not to fix anything there, because the wrapper is useless when you have a rom that exposes eclair api to libcamera.

But, I can tell you, on cm6-clean (remember those fastboot-images I uploaded), the wrapper works perfectly and there is no camera issue at all (not with unmodified android camera app, and not with 3rd party camera apps). Either this is because froyo sources were newer, or because the BOARD_USES_ECLAIR_LIBCAMERA hack in original roms has some negative side effects...

To be honest I didn't do further experiments with the wrapper on TXG roms. I would expect it not to fix anything there, because the wrapper is useless when you have a rom that exposes eclair api to libcamera.

But, I can tell you, on cm6-clean (remember those fastboot-images I uploaded), the wrapper works perfectly and there is no camera issue at all (not with unmodified android camera app, and not with 3rd party camera apps). Either this is because froyo sources were newer, or because the BOARD_USES_ECLAIR_LIBCAMERA hack in original roms has some negative side effects...

Then probably @twrock should rebase to your cleaner build?.. To at least enable all the camera apps... At least your base is newer...

Then probably @twrock should rebase to your cleaner build?.. To at least enable all the camera apps... At least your base is newer...

Probably. I'm still working on some issues - then I'll release cm6-clean (in normal update.zip form). Anyone will then be free to base modified roms on it...

It should be better 1) because source is newer and 2) because it contains no eclair layers that mess up with libs and heap management

At the moment I'm having some issues with the gapps...

Guest lloco73

hi i have done something wrong; don²t know what...but the phone is telling me that sd card not mounted...how do i do to mount it? thx

It happened to me once. re-applied rom and then all ok.

Also my latest test with rom cm7.2_u8220_20120130 gived me a no sdcard detected when using camera app.

Guest desalesouche

It happened to me once. re-applied rom and then all ok.

Also my latest test with rom cm7.2_u8220_20120130 gived me a no sdcard detected when using camera app.

i could managed...thx

Probably. I'm still working on some issues - then I'll release cm6-clean (in normal update.zip form). Anyone will then be free to base modified roms on it...

It should be better 1) because source is newer and 2) because it contains no eclair layers that mess up with libs and heap management

At the moment I'm having some issues with the gapps...

SWEEEEET! :D

misses BOARD_USE_FROYO_LIBCAMERA. The HAL_ functions are what differs between froyo and gingerbread. In gingerbread, these are part of libcamera. For froyo, these don't exist. So libcameraservice provides them if compiled with said flag.

I'm sure you already added it, but it's a recompile issue. Make clean would fix it (but you know how long it takes). Alternatively, you can try compiling only libcameraservice using mmm

make clean

helped. Replaced the libcameraservice.so in phone. Interesting observations.

1. Preview became "faster". Kind of more FPS.

2. Camera takes pictures just fine. Did 3 sequentially.

3. Video recording leads to camera app crash when it tries to save video. There is another scenario after starting video recording preview instead full screen updates only smaller part of screen (kind of picture-in-picture effect as with TV sets.) and it all hangs eventually. Only phone reboot helps restore order.

Edited by pier11

Experimented a bit with graphics libs from official froyo release for HTC Magic (msm7200A):

- I can run on their egl/* libs fine (libGLES_qcom.so and libGLES_android.so). Though tests rate it the same - Neocore (25+ OC) and fps2d (29 OC).

- tried libskia* but couldn't run into android until reverted...

Didn't have any success with msm7227 libs - Adreno200 - from u8510 Ideos X3... No backward compatibility with our Adreno 130...

EDIT:

Quadrant gives the following info on Magic's graphics libs:

GPU(OpenGL)

Vendor: QUALCOMM, Inc.

Renderer: Q3Dimension MSM7500 01.02.08 0 4.0.0

Version: OpenGL ES 1.0-CM

Edited by pier11

Experimented a bit with graphics libs from official froyo release for HTC Magic (msm7200A):

- I can run on their egl/* libs fine (libGLES_qcom.so and libGLES_android.so). Though tests rate it the same - Neocore (25+ OC) and fps2d (29 OC).

- tried libskia* but couldn't run into android until reverted...

Didn't have any success with msm7227 libs - Adreno200 - from u8510 Ideos X3... No backward compatibility with our Adreno 130...

Do you have a link to this official magic rom? Would be interesting to boot the whole stock rom with your kernel, in a similar fashion as with u8150. I would expect more things beeing functional there, i.e. everything that's built into msm7200a like gsm/3g etc...

libskia* are built from source in CM, most likely they simply differ between gingerbread and froyo.

Haven't had the chance to try this ROM and kernel update yet, but following progress with great interest.

Has anyone encountered the disappearing SMS problem yet? From memory this was fixed by making Messaging persistent in memory so it couldn't be killed?

there is a 16 bit transparancy option in cyanogen settings so i activate it and i made a test.

This setting doesn't change anything in Quadrant for me.

I still use the first (20120123) release and I get 360-380 point whether this option is checked or not. (config: U8220, 528MHz, app2sd, 32MB swap, class 4 card)

Haven't had the chance to try this ROM and kernel update yet, but following progress with great interest.

Has anyone encountered the disappearing SMS problem yet? From memory this was fixed by making Messaging persistent in memory so it couldn't be killed?

yet to hear single complaint on this matter...

Do you have a link to this official magic rom? Would be interesting to boot the whole stock rom with your kernel, in a similar fashion as with u8150. I would expect more things beeing functional there, i.e. everything that's built into msm7200a like gsm/3g etc...

interesting idea, I like it.

I used this slightly adopted version - T-Mobile_FRG83D. Looked least modified variant among the three.

EDIT:

You can start from here if you want to. It's my adoption, but it reboots phone on early stages.

Changed:

- our .32 kernel

- recompressed ram disk, did not change content

- altered update script to assert our device, not sapphire.

I tested just the boot image before, adding it into working cm7.2, to verify that it fits into boot partition. It loaded further, doesn't reboot phone, so I'd guess some libs incompatibilities with hardware are taking place. With radio (baseband processor) for example.

It's worth noting, Magic roms are incompatible even between different version of its boards :) There is 32a, there is 32b, different radios, spls... We are way more unified with u8230.

Edited by pier11

Guest Basher52

The HTC Hero got the same GPU - and there are Cyanogen/ICS Builds availible. Maybe you can get some help from the hero guys at XDA?

You can start from here if you want to. It's my adoption, but it reboots phone on early stages.

It's worth noting, Magic roms are incompatible even between different version of its boards :) There is 32a, there is 32b, different radios, spls... We are way more unified with u8230.

Thanks for your efforts... that makes me conclude that we're better off looking at u8150 and so on. It's good to know that a rom basically boots when you just make it fit into the partition layout and switch the kernel. I never posted that, but some time ago I repeated the experiment you did with u8150-froyo, using the ascend froyo rom. Ascend rom also boots fine (no audio, no wifi, no network of course)...

Edited by dr.flo

Thanks for your efforts... that makes me conclude that we're better off looking at u8150 and so on. It's good to know that a rom basically boots when you just make it fit into the partition layout and switch the kernel. I never posted that, but some time ago I repeated the experiment you did with u8150-froyo, using the ascend froyo rom. Ascend rom also boots fine (no audio, no wifi, no network of course)...

could you post it for collection too? I failed with ascend. Curious what did you do differently. Please upload.

It might add to our experience of porting different ready-made roms.

could you post it for collection too? I failed with ascend. Curious what did you do differently. Please upload.

It might add to our experience of porting different ready-made roms.

I'll do in the evening (european time) - don't have it here now. Will post into froyo reference rom thread... I believe I just took the kernel image from your reference rom andcombined it with the ramdisk of ascend, and that was all....