[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Guest welly123

Dear Pier11

Thank you for this excellent rom. I have a little problem with some application installation and I hope you can guide me to its solution. My problem is when I try to install some application I get this message " error can't install the application on USB storage or SD "

best regards :)

Pier, one more thing. I haven't yet installed the rom for testing, but I noticed a few things while I was modifying it. ;)

May I suggest that in future versions you consider doing whatever you can to put the Launcher and Filemanager into /system instead of /data. Otherwise the rom is extremely difficult for the average person to work with if one needs to do a full wipe some time after installation.

Edit: And yet one more thing. Consider adding these two lines to the beginning of the updater-script.

format("yaffs2", "MTD", "cache");

format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system");

This will eliminate having old Google apps retained by the installation script, and will eliminate the need for users to have to format /system separately.

(Alternately, you can edit the updater-script to remove all references to "backuptool.sh", but that is slightly more complicated.)

Edited by twrock

The latest is 2011 and has a small system partition! You need 2010 update - or leave out google apps

edit; just saw you did one of that. Does any official update still boot fine for you?

You also may want to try a kernel .29 based rom.

What does adb logcat say?

I installed tre 2.1 and then this rom. Now works fine. So it seems that the partition size was the problem.

A rom without a2sd would be nice. I prefer link to sd more.

Swap works without a2sd?

Guest Dante2070

Did it work for you before? (samba via wifi)

Samba is not compiled in this build due to space constraint for boot image. Newer kernel is bigger by itself, but our boot partition is very limited - 2.5MB...

And I did not install 4 apps at a time :) 2 max :)

TGX does not change partition layout as any custom rom. Official roms - do.

EDIT:

it also looks to me that the support was not there even in the original huawei .29 kernel:

# CONFIG_SMB_FS is not set

# CONFIG_CIFS is not set

Did you use some custom kernel for that functionality?

I meant that TXG's rom has the same requirements as this one, regarding partition size and formation.

I used Samba before in several different roms without any problems. Just installed it from Market. No custom kernels. It's still usable with this Rom, just seems to need to run for a shorter time. I wouldn't call it an essential app, but still very helpful, since it replaces the need to connect your phone to the pc for data transfer (or using a sdcard reader).

Guest Dante2070

Dear Pier11

Thank you for this excellent rom. I have a little problem with some application installation and I hope you can guide me to its solution. My problem is when I try to install some application I get this message " error can't install the application on USB storage or SD "

best regards :)

I had the same problem. It appeared after I installed a2sdgui from market (I'm not sure tho if it's related to the problem) I had also set all apps to install to external storage in cyanogen options. Try changing that option to automatic. That solved the problem for me.

Another issue might be that you did not format the sd-card partition where apps have been stored in your previous rom.

Pier, one more thing. I haven't yet installed the rom for testing, but I noticed a few things while I was modifying it. ;)

May I suggest that in future versions you consider doing whatever you can to put the Launcher and Filemanager into /system instead of /data. Otherwise the rom is extremely difficult for the average person to work with if one needs to do a full wipe some time after installation.

That would be easy. Just pick another CM7 rom as base. It doesn't have anything inside /data per default. That's a result of dtox125 mods. He might well have had a reason for doing this, but he did not yet comment on the modifications included in his rom...

Edited by dr.flo

Guest desalesouche

i managed to reinstall recovery thx to recovery clockwork 2.5.0.4 -pulse...with the originals android drivers 1.0 from pc suite .so it is easy to do manually to fix it :lol:but recovery just can be lauche manually

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

I had the same problem. It appeared after I installed a2sdgui from market (I'm not sure tho if it's related to the problem) I had also set all apps to install to external storage in cyanogen options. Try changing that option to automatic. That solved the problem for me.

Another issue might be that you did not format the sd-card partition where apps have been stored in your previous rom.

thx for the advice...it works for me...:Ddid you manage to use a2sd gui to transfer apps on sd etc...

Edited by desalesouche

That would be easy. Just pick another CM7 rom as base. It doesn't have anything inside /data per default. That's a result of dtox125 mods. He might well have had a reason for doing this, but he did not yet comment on the modifications included in his rom...

No need too pick any other rom as a base. That is an overly complicated solution. It is very easy just to put ADWLauncher.apk and Filemanager.apk into /system/app. I have already done that for my own modification of this rom, and it is working just fine that way.

The only issue will be whether or not there is enough space in /system to do this. Things like the boot animation, some sound files, other "non-essential" apps can be removed or moved to /data instead, if more space it actually needed. Of course starting with the Tre update is yet another possible solution to creating enough /system space.

On another note, I'm experiencing some kind of wifi reconnect issues, similar to what we saw in CM6.1. I'm testing the Blade Wifi Fix at the moment to see if it solves things.

On yet another note, yes, DT Apps2SD is installed and working fine. For some reason cachesd was not working initially after installation, even though that feature is apparently set in the rom. However, reissuing "a2sd cachesd" got it working. Obviously swap won't work until the kernel enables it.

I'm enjoying testing. Gingerbread on the U8220. This is really cool! B)

Edit: Hmm, looks like Blade Wifi Fix is not solving the problem. If wifi is on and connected, then the screen goes off, when the phone resumes, the wifi icon shows connection, but there is none. Manually disconnecting and reconnecting gets things reconnected.

Edit2: Playing around. Installing some apps. Periodic unexplained "freezing", but it responds eventually. But I just got a completely random reboot. That was a little weird.

Edited by twrock

Guest lloco73

No need too pick any other rom as a base. That is an overly complicated solution. It is very easy just to put ADWLauncher.apk and Filemanager.apk into /system/app. I have already done that for my own modification of this rom, and it is working just fine that way.

Done your suggestion and it worked well. the 2 widgets previously not showing are now showed.

This afternoon i'll test wireless.

Guest Dante2070

thx for the advice...it works for me...:Ddid you manage to use a2sd gui to transfer apps on sd etc...

Yes, I also transferred the dalvik cache to sd card

Guest lloco73

more tests. here are the results

• luminosity not working
  • gps not working
  • as twrock, freezing sometimes, responding occurs but it take some moments
  • wifi after resume not working, must disconnect and connect again to get signal again
  • recovery not working, i flashed with u8220/u8230 recovery but no result

Guest desalesouche

more tests. here are the results

• luminosity not working
  • gps not working
  • as twrock, freezing sometimes, responding occurs but it take some moments
  • wifi after resume not working, must disconnect and connect again to get signal again
  • recovery not working, i flashed with u8220/u8230 recovery but no result

hi; you can reinstall the recovery and use it in manually way...i.ve been installing pc suite for drivers and using recovery clokwork 2.5.0.4-pulse ...so rcw is on phone again...but i have to launch it manually...:lol:

Guest lloco73

hi; you can reinstall the recovery and use it in manually way...i.ve been installing pc suite for drivers and using recovery clokwork 2.5.0.4-pulse ...so rcw is on phone again...but i have to launch it manually...:lol:

Yes i know i can start recovery manually but the point is to restart it in an automatic way, just like you do with other roms.

You say you install PCSUITE but with what drivers? mine needs different drivers from the usual T-mobile pulse. I use Qualcomm USB drivers.

Guest desalesouche

Yes i know i can start recovery manually but the point is to restart it in an automatic way, just like you do with other roms.

You say you install PCSUITE but with what drivers? mine needs different drivers from the usual T-mobile pulse. I use Qualcomm USB drivers.

i am using the drivers whom are in HOST-U8230V100R001COOB002(normal)

which contain pc suite and dialup...this is for windows 4 64 bits

you can download them here...hope it works for you :rolleyes:

http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/41842-pilotedriver-pour-windows-xp/page__p__754211__hl__drivers%20pour%20huawei%20u8230__fromsearch__1#entry754211

Edited by desalesouche

Guest welly123

Thanx Dante, unfortunately these didn't fix the problem, Any suggestions??

First, thanks for all your work!

finally our pulse get .32 kernel!

I flashed this ROM, the camera is work!(this is most important for me)

But I had a problem is I cannot sign in my google account.

I don't know why.

Is anyone have the same problem like me?

okay extracted that but it does not want to install? strange.

just but it back to /data/app (with root explorer for example or similar) and restart... Should work I think...