touch screen issues??

Guest redhawkuk

Guest redhawkuk

Ever since I've had my Racer the touch screen has does this annoying thing of registering points to the left side while clicking elsewhere.

Fortunately it's a rare occurrence however a real pain when selecting an application and it goes off to run something else instead.

I suppose I could have sent it back to Argos but being so cheap and the fact I've already flash / unlocked it anyway 3 probably wouldn't take it back.

To illustrate the problem I ran the built-in touch paint test program *#19# and drawn a few lines on the right hand side.

touch_error.jpg

I was wondering if this was a known issue for some Racer handsets??

Incidentally I read somewhere that Racers with customised ROMs suffer from unresponsive touch screens due to the fact that ZTE with the original ROM had made code tweaks to increase the sensitivity.

I am wondering whether it's because these tweaks that I am suffering from the occasional erroneous points.

Is there anything I could edit like a system configuration file to desensitise my touch screen??

Currently running Android 2.1 RickyWyatt v2 based on Three UK shipped ROM

Richard S.

Guest massacre^

hiya u might want to install newer roms like racerboy and vamshi's lewa rom or racerboys 224v2...

rexchun's bo2 rom is also a benchmark in issue of touchscreen...

i also want to point out that using custom roms do not make touch sensitivity low or not caliberated but makes it even better than the stock roms...

since our dear racer has a resistive type of touchscreen pinpoint precision like other devices with capacitive touchscreens are not possible...but i can assure you that using roms with vamshi's #68 kernel won't disappoint you :)

happy hunting!!

P.S : try all of the roms to find which one suits you best...i m afraid there is too many :lol:

thnx to the developers who work hard to make our racer better

Guest redhawkuk

I've been looking at the racerroms website today and you're right there is certainly quite a lot to choose from.

What would be helpful is if it had screen shots, ratings and perhaps additional information regarding features / known issues.

Custom ROMs are great but since the Racer has never been shipped with Android 2.3 I do wonder just how problem free they run.

To be honest I'm not bothered what I have either Android 2.2 or 2.3 the JIT compiler should hopefully give it the edge on speed over Android 2.1.

Regarding the ROMs from racerroms do I download them to my micro sd-card, rename as update.zip and use CWM to flash??

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plegdroid

Regarding the ROMs from racerroms do I download them to my micro sd-card, rename as update.zip and use CWM to flash??

Richard S.

yes download to sdcard, no need to rename, when in cwm, choose the option "choose zip file to install and pick the zip you've just put on your sdcard :)

Edited by plegdroid