Broken screen

Guest trstn

Managed to drop my Sensation XE on the pavement and then stand on it (like an idiot).

LCD looks ok but the digitiser is completely shafted, has anyone successfully replaced theirs? I found the video guide below, looks doable but fairly difficult, just trying to work out if I should drop £30 on replacement parts or go to a repair centre.

Edited by trstn

The only thing that "scares" me is removing the digitizer and replacing it with the new one. That looks like nasty business.

I was thinking about taking my phone apart because I got dust between my digitizer and LCD ... after watching a couple of videos of people taking the Sensation apart, I changed my mind.

Since yours is already broken, I would try to replace it myself.

Edited by fejker

Guest tiggerlator

Just picked up a new digitizer, I'll report back on how easy it was to swap out.

I watched the video, it doesn't look too bad to me, and i've done a couple of phone digitizers before. Just take your time and don't pull anything too quickly, check for connector strips or connectors first.

Edited by tiggerlator

I watched the video, it doesn't look too bad to me, and i've done a couple of phone digitizers before. Just take your time and don't pull anything too quickly, check for connector strips or connectors first.

Great tips, if only I'd read them before taking apart the phone ;)

I went very, very slowly with it. The pins holding the backplate on were a complete arse to unclick so that made me take my time before I got to the PCB's. Scariest part was having my phone in four pieces at the halfway mark (pictured), and then realising I'd not put the screw in to secure the PCB before putting the backplate back on (which I had to then take off again).

But it's done, and I've saved nearly £100 - and I feel well ninja for pulling it off.

post-589345-0-89519900-1327957276_thumb.

post-589345-0-67889500-1327957403_thumb.

Guest yozpalang

Anyone who wants to try this should know that you need to have some double sided tape in handy other wise you won't be to able to make the new digitizer stick, make sure you have the right one.

Anyone who wants to try this should know that you need to have some double sided tape in handy other wise you won't be to able to make the new digitizer stick, make sure you have the right one.

I managed to retain and reuse the original sticky stuff :)

Thanks for the updates. Did you also get a new battery cover/unibody or was it OK?

Can you put up a pic of your completed project? :)

I'm looking at getting a second sensation and figure one maycome up with a smashed screen sometime.

ZVGMOl.jpg

Here's my old one.