Phone Barred 6 months after I bought it!

Guest Makkaxxxxx9

Guest Makkaxxxxx9

I bought a HTC Desire off eBay last June and had been using it fine on T-Mobile until Jan 1st when it just stopped making / receiving calls. I did some research and eventually discovered that it had been barred by 3 as it had supposedly been reported lost/stolen. I contacted 3 and had no joy other than them telling me that it was reported by the original owner. I contacted the person I bought it off but they had bought it from someone else (this has been verified). So I then contacted the person they bought it off but this person is denying that he has reported it lost / stolen and is point blank refusing to help anymore, so I suspect it may have been him that reported it, although I obviously can't know for certain.

It's absolutely crackers, I've owned the phone 6 months and have been using it on T-Mobile for all this time, I've got a record of it's purchase, I've got the original box / accessories, it's even been repaired twice by my insurance company but 3 don't care about any of that and it would seem I'm screwed.

I've also tried going through Paypal for a refund and to my my credit card company but the transaction is too old.

Anyone had a similar experience? Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest andysalmon

Late reply I know. Sorry mate but you are stuffed. If the original owner won't help, that's the end of it. Is it insured? It would be terrible if it were damaged.