[ROM][beta]CyanogenMod 9

Guest Lens_flare

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

@LoveForEver: A build server is a server for building big software projects. If we had a CM team member, it would be much easier, because the CM team has their own, but I suppose somebody will be kind enough to offer a good server (It must have at least 2 2.5GHz CPUs, 4GB RAM..., otherwise it will be the same as building on my laptop, but more complicated)

EDIT: I think we should use somebody with more experience. I'll ask franco over xda for some advices for the camera.

Edited by Ianis G. Vasilev

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

!!!URGENT!!! There was a camera]camera buffer offset problem on HD mini (similar to ours), and an app called GeoGoggle managed to show camera preview, so please, somebody with installed CM9, try GeoGoggle (on market), and if the problem is indeed similar, the camera should be easily fixed.

Guest Lens_flare

as far as I see they are using lighweight wrapper for their gb lib. Ours wrapper allocates buffers but fail at native_start_video[i'm about libcamera-htc in source]

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

How about a global byte counter that increments within the buffer function? It will always show the current offset. Or a nulled global uint32 named (for example) offset which is used as an argument instead of

(uint8_t *)frames[cnt].buffer
and
offset += mBufferSize

within the buffer function?

Guest Lens_flare
How about a global byte counter that increments within the buffer function?

are you about cnt?

It will always show the current offset.

yes, by cnt*mBufferSize, fix is there..

Or a nulled global uint32 named (for example) offset which is used as an argument instead of

(uint8_t *)frames[cnt].buffer

another time, any buffer should be allocated and mapped, you couldn't just pass an address without a memory in it, it's a nullpointer.

Guest Lens_flare

I feel your pain, but it was a rough idea ["a wild shot in the night"].

if that idea is right, I doubt it could be something to do with native_start_video ioctl(as it is not working neither on htc lib, which allocates buufers perfectly, nor on huawei lib with my workaround), which is faulty. In huawei case I got something like ioctl fail cause no such file or directory, but damn acer just hide what file it meant.

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

You could search for an MSM7x30 pinout to rescue your phone, I'd suggest an electroengeneer friend if you're not one yourself.

Guest Lens_flare
if you won't repair your metal, wich smartphone are you going to buy, if you'll do it?

maybe migrate to wp8, as I have a mere phone to live with that time :]

You could search for an MSM7x30 pinout to rescue your phone

pinout? For THE MOST CLOSED DEVICE?

Guest SuperCiccio

Hy friends, we must try to unlock this situation in some way, before giving up!

Perhaps, to encourage some skilled guys to carry this work on, we could open a subscription and collect some money to support his/their work.

If we are so many, with a contribution for each of us we can be present and make them feel sponsored.

I'm aware that working hours and hours without achieving results can be frustrating, particularly when you feel left alone to fight!

I hope all of you take this considerations in the right way: I only wish to make a further attempt before surrender, no intention to hurt anybody.

Thanks to all!

Guest ltpitt
Hy friends, we must try to unlock this situation in some way, before giving up!

Perhaps, to encourage some skilled guys to carry this work on, we could open a subscription and collect some money to support his/their work.

If we are so many, with a contribution for each of us we can be present and make them feel sponsored.

I'm aware that working hours and hours without achieving results can be frustrating, particularly when you feel left alone to fight!

I hope all of you take this considerations in the right way: I only wish to make a further attempt before surrender, no intention to hurt anybody.

Thanks to all!

Count me in.

If you ask me we should also buy another metal to lens since he broke his also for us.

Guest chemicalbuz

So sad to hear that lens, thanks for everything you done for us, i'm in for a donation, but i think you wanna change device now and start playing with something else, i get it..that's a big pity cause you were so close, bad fortune..but don't abandon android for wp! :-P

Guest icanrule

It's amazing that you guys have come so far. I remember when you originally tried to move to Ice Cream Sandwich it was deemed impossible right off the bat. Here you have it 90% working and have gone way past the expectations. Good attempt at doing the impossible folks.

Guest met4ller87

hi, I hope that this BIG project will continue, it's near to be concluded, so probably with not so much efforts this will over soon!

Somebody asked to vache or TechnoLover, as Lens_Flare said ??

good luck

Guest cold123

very sorry guy, but I don't believe it. You bricked the cell? You bought a new one or let people buy it for you to complete the work. I don't believe also because other "Acer liquid metal" rom developer retires from developing new rom because they "buy a new cell (Pinguy, completely disappeared)" or "have some unkindable issues (other roms)". Actually is there any new rom for ALM developing? No. Suddenly all developers retire from their works. Will you get any new rom for your ALM? No, go buy a new model. It sucks man. Anyway, I'm not saying something negative to you, no offence, but if you all developers stop to produce roms for this cell it would be nice to say the truth, like probably is because someone imposes to do so. Anyway, thank for all the works you made till now.

Also, anyway and for the record, this is the last time that I bought an Acer model, and I hope some other people will do the same.