[ROM][beta]CyanogenMod 9

Guest Lens_flare

Guest met4ller87

very sorry guy, but I don't believe it. You bricked the cell? You bought a new one or let people buy it for you to complete the work. I don't believe also because other "Acer liquid metal" rom developer retires from developing new rom because they "buy a new cell (Pinguy, completely disappeared)" or "have some unkindable issues (other roms)". Actually is there any new rom for ALM developing? No. Suddenly all developers retire from their works. Will you get any new rom for your ALM? No, go buy a new model. It sucks man. Anyway, I'm not saying something negative to you, no offence, but if you all developers stop to produce roms for this cell it would be nice to say the truth, like probably is because someone imposes to do so. Anyway, thank for all the works you made till now.

Also, anyway and for the record, this is the last time that I bought an Acer model, and I hope some other people will do the same.

completely quoted.

IMHO, with roms that I tried (azure, gingerounay, T&L) I found some problems or bugs never fixed, that brings me to constantly change my rom.

I would like to have a complete and uprgradable one, and I'm sure that cm 9 would be a big improove/upgrade for our phones that are dying - it' s a pity because the potentially of the phone is very good, and how Cold said, developers retires from works.

So, considered what Lens said, we must contact somebody to conclude this work. Anybody talked with other LM developers??

Guest Unbr8kbal

I finally got AMD x4, with some ram, so i'll have a look at this port on the weekend.

Cause it took way to long to compile on the Core 2 Duo that i had. But i make no promises.

Guest Mtman1
I finally got AMD x4, with some ram, so i'll have a look at this port on the weekend.

Cause it took way to long to compile on the Core 2 Duo that i had. But i make no promises.

anything's better than nothing mate! Good luck anyway

Guest olivieroa

i have a Acer Liquid Metal as main phone and a Zte Blade as backup. This morning i installed a rom with JB on my old Zte Blade. Now my old phone is faster than the Liquid MT... :(

Guest fabiorino

Good news! Alleluja

Guest SuperCiccio

Also, anyway and for the record, this is the last time that I bought an Acer model, and I hope some other people will do the same.

A while ago I said the same thing of Samsung for the same reason (no more sw upgrades on a model).

I bet someone has to say the same thing on LG, Motorola, HTC, Sony and so on.. at this rate no one will stay out!

Sadly, we always end up playing their game (buy relatively quickly another phone) :(

As usual, thank to all.

Guest fabiorino

Today the ZTE N880E has recived jelly bean. It started with gingerbread. Why other big brands can't do the same?

Edited by fabiorino

Guest davidevinavil

Hey people stop boring Lens.. It was enough clear to understand that his dev history for Metal is end.. Do you understand how much difficult is develop a complex rom like cm9 without any kind of support? I think no..

Guest FranRukario

I'm very sad to see this project is blocked, we must accept that lens would chance deviceO

/o.s,when other developer would continue this project the community of Mt are very happy, But if doesn't can't do the port of CM9,I Hope that developers Will continue to upgrade the Cm7,performance ecc, and Will increase the performance and make the design if ICS or JB.

Thanks to alla developers that continue spending his time on this device.

I'm sorry for My bad English im italian.

Guest olivieroa

Please stop boring Lens. He said he will help if someone will continue his work.

Unbr8kbal promised to try to work on this rom.

Someone said he would ask help on XDA forum.

Please don't spam this topic.

Guest Giorat96

Hi lens. I'm a young man and I would love to try to help to fix the last 2 bugs of cm9 for metal. I know you are no more the dev because your metal is broken but can you introduce me to this world? Can you link me guides, books ( that i can download) that teach me how fix bugs and moreover?

So basically my question is: Where did you study to port the cm7 to the metal? Could you show me this things?

Thank you all for the attenction and sorry for my bad english!

Guest Lens_flare
I would love to try to help to fix the last 2 bugs of cm9 for metal.

great, but need a pro skills, not just enthusiasm.

Can you link me guides, books ( that i can download) that teach me how fix bugs and moreover?

unfortunately mostly they doesn't exist.

Where did you study to port the cm7 to the metal?

got source from other devices and started to watch how it works by searching on source and finding a difference. MIUI ports helped me a lot on that. It took some years to learn..

Could you show me this things?

pmd you my gtalk, write if you want to ask something more exact.

Guest Lens_flare

Soon I will provide an latest assembly for logs purposes. Nothing further, just my progress I got before brick.

ADD:

Link: http://loveforever.g.../Cyan09-preview

only for logs purposes, not for daily use.

Logs might be useful for external devs like CM devs or devs of near devices.

Edited by Lens_flare