[ROM][beta]CyanogenMod 9

Guest Lens_flare

Guest OptimusGiglio

hi all, I wanna try this rom but when I tap the pin code it appears the message "incorrect pin" (obviously I tap the correct numbers)......how can I solve this? Is this a cm9 bug?

Guest Lens_flare
when I tap the pin code it appears the message "incorrect pin" (obviously I tap the correct numbers)......how can I solve this? Is this a cm9 bug?

common cm bug for our device, not solved still, and won't be seems. Just disable pin code on stock rom.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carter07

CM9 ROM for the Acer Liquid Metal, here it is: http://www.mediafire...jkzcabc0j1sa8fk

And here is the flashable GAPPS (modified so it will install everything, even Google Play): http://www.mediafire...yad55f22n530pq5

I installed GAPPS but still no playstore.

Please anyone can help me?

I don't use mobile data and the camera so this rom is perfect for me!

thanks

Edited by Carter07

Guest liquid metal newbie

I installed GAPPS but still no playstore.

Please anyone can help me?

I don't use mobile data and the camera so this rom is perfect for me!

thanks

First the problem is caused due insufficient space in the system partition ,

Solution

first install only rom and reboot then install root explorer or any root file manager of your choice open /system/media delete the videos folder also delete any ringtones which you don't use. Then open /system/app delete all the unneeded apps like rom manager, email ,exchange ,camera etc

now extract the gapps and compare their size with the free space in /system partition

The free space in the system partition must be greater than that of gapps (you can also delete some gapps if you want)

If you have deleted some gapps create a new zip

Now reboot into recovery and flash the gapps

Edited by liquid metal newbie

Guest Carter07

First the problem is caused due insufficient space in the system partition ,

Solution

first install only rom and reboot then install root explorer or any root file manager of your choice open /system/media delete the videos folder also delete any ringtones which you don't use. Then open /system/app delete all the unneeded apps like rom manager, email ,exchange ,camera etc

now extract the gapps and compare their size with the free space in /system partition

The free space in the system partition must be greater than that of gapps (you can also delete some gapps if you want)

If you have deleted some gapps create a new zip

Now reboot into recovery and flash the gapps

Thanks for the info!

I don't think it's a problem with space because I installed all gapps found in this thread (10mb, 23 mb, 27 mb) but still no playstore (only youtube gets installed).

How can I install root explorer without a file manager?

Guest Lens_flare
I don't think it's a problem with space because I installed all gapps found in this thread (10mb, 23 mb, 27 mb) but still no playstore (only youtube gets installed).

definitely insufficient storage space. it should be lesser than 200mb.

Guest Carter07

definitely insufficient storage space. it should be lesser than 200mb.

So neither the 10mb GAPPS is enough?

I need only playstore, if I add "MarketUpdater.apk" in the cm9 zip (system/app) and I install rom again should it work?

Edited by Carter07

Guest Lens_flare
So neither the 10mb GAPPS is enough?

I need only playstore, if I add "MarketUpdater.apk" in the cm9 zip (system/app) and I install rom again should it work?

market is now named phonesky.apk. Also, it has dependencies like google services framework etc.

Guest Carter07

So any pratical advice to make it working?

It's a shame you made such hard work to port cm9 and neither the ones that are happy with no data connection can use it :)

Edited by Carter07

Guest Lens_flare
any pratical advice to make it working?

there already said you need to cleanup system folder and set full gapps. You should have less than 200mb in system. Also cache storage should be enough to host all that apps.

Guest Carter07

there already said you need to cleanup system folder and set full gapps. You should have less than 200mb in system. Also cache storage should be enough to host all that apps.

thanks, but can I do it directly from the cm9 zip and then install rom and full gapps?

I haven't found a file manager already installed in cm9 so I don't know how to install root explorer.

Edited by Carter07

Guest Lens_flare
can I do it directly in the cm9 zip and then install rom and gapps?

yeap, system/app folder is right in your zip. But don't merge gapps and main zip, it usually causes more bugs.

Guest Carter07

"-untick mobile data at first boot and reboot!(if you don't want to control it anytime, flash that zip, it will kill also a SIM card support)"

I have to do it only the first time I install cm9, right?

Edited by Carter07

Guest Carter07

I tried this rom for a few hours and it's awesome! speed and boot time are great compared to stock.

But I found my phone shut down 2 times when it was inactive, there must be some bugs.

Edited by Carter07

Guest Lens_flare
But I found my phone shut down 2 times when it was inactive, there must be some bugs.
you have unique phone seems.. try to remember what have you done just before sending it to sleep?

Guest Carter07

you have unique phone seems.. try to remember what have you done just before sending it to sleep?

I rememeber I was downloading dead trigger from play store with screen off.

In the last 2 days however I'm not having random shut down. :)

Maybe it was a problem with battery because after the first charge don't have it anymore.

Edited by Carter07

Guest Lens_flare
I rememeber I was downloading dead trigger from play store with screen off.
uhm looks like wifi deep sleep issue, which is common for some chips those drivers were upgraded to ics without changing kernel driver. For sure I can't fix such behaviour..

Guest Lens_flare

Latest source for CM9 just got uploaded to my tree (for now only device tree, not kernel which has some little corrections).

Now everybody could compile latest source and get flashable archive as well as the newest cwm recovery(well, for ics, we're not talking about jb ones which are for sure newer).

I rejected my fixes on camera part (were totally wrong :P), and managed to get netmgrd to run.

So, camera and data STILL NOT WORKING, the only issue seems remained in kernel part.

That source should have been uploaded last summer, but something went totally wrong so I haven't released them until now.

Let me also update issues list somebody needs to fix up:

• couldn't mmap handle on the client[/CODE]

- actually the last thing I got from huawei library which points to kernel/system allocator - pmem device; it might be little wrong, incomplete or so, so that somebody need a way to debug it first.

• netmgrd is actually running, framework gives to libril right parameters, it passes them to netmgrd - then boom - and netmgrd hungs on waiting answer, so whole telephony chain got ruined on that point; I bet netmgrd awaits something from kernel, but kernel can't answer back; If one could find what's actually wrong here - he will get data to work.

Also I could offer one deal with gingerbread CM7 source. If somebody could get one of the bunch opensource libraries on CM7 to work (at the same time getting rid of the acer proprietary crap) we could wrap it then to CM9 routines and finally get camera to work. It seems easier than trying to find trouble in kernel (which has perfect camera driver, thx acer!).

PS:

I'm not going to back, but I'm still here to help anybody that could take this project over.