[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Cusy

Not everything works fine. Camera (on some devices) and HW Video Decoding (on all devices) are not working well. Video recording is not working at all.

Guest ..Abel..

restarting seems to be the only solution to stop battery drain ! and camera works most of the times! btw great work ! rom is smooth and fast !

Guest nitsy01

Not sure what's going on here. I've just double checked and t appears in my market with mini gapps.

tried using mini gapps, but no luck. managed to install via titanium backup and was working fine, but after reboot the applications have vanished. will try a clean install once again tonight. must have messed up during the initial install.

Guest aliaird

ANyone tried to install Swype after the 2/05 upgrade?

Mine's not working, saying "Error This screen size is not supported"

It was fine on the previous ROM, so not sure what has happened, but it might be a downgrading matter for me! :-(

Guest targetbsp

ANyone tried to install Swype after the 2/05 upgrade?

Mine's not working, saying "Error This screen size is not supported"

It was fine on the previous ROM, so not sure what has happened, but it might be a downgrading matter for me! :-(

Swype was on my phone prior to install (I upgraded from an earlier CM9 into which it was restored from titanium) and it worked fine. Not tried actually installing into CM9 though.

Guest aliaird

Swype was on my phone prior to install (I upgraded from an earlier CM9 into which it was restored from titanium) and it worked fine. Not tried actually installing into CM9 though.

Thanks for the reply. I've managed to find a swype apk and get round it fortunately. Looks like the issue is in the installer, rather than in Swype itself, but a happy camper now it's sorted!

Guest sheennick

I know how to add widgets :) but when I do in Nova i get a FC. I tried both methods here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1389071 but neither of them helped. I still can't add widgets (method 1) or get a FC on start (method 2). I bought the prime version :L. Edit: Only happnes when I add them from widgets drawer.

go to nova settings and there is an option about giving root privileges to nova

after that it should work fine

ICS requires ROOT access if you want to add widgets from drawer...so NOVA needs ROOT access

Guest fox2000

Is there any mini gapps package which *surely* works with the 0205 release?

I tried two different mini gapps, but neither Whatsapp nor Viber were showing in Market. Strangely, even with the "full" package in the first post they were not showing....

(I performed a perfectly clean install with proper partition sizes)

Guest jackal-sk

I have that ticked but still can't add widgets from drawer. Anyway, I can add widgets from home screen which I will use for the time being...

Edit:

To be precise - after adding a widget, there is a toast notification - Nova has been granted SU, but after that FC.

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest targetbsp

I tried two different mini gapps, but neither Whatsapp nor Viber were showing in Market. Strangely, even with the "full" package in the first post they were not showing....

If it doesn't work with full then your issue is surely somewhere other than gapps? I'm wondering if its some weird regional issue because ti shows for me in mini, never mind full.

What's especially weird is the full linked on the first page is the older one which the first mini was based upon and no-one had any issues with it. So something must have changed recently to make it not show for some people.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest fox2000

If it doesn't work with full then your issue is surely somewhere other than gapps? I'm wondering if its some weird regional issue because ti shows for me in mini, never mind full.

What's especially weird is the full linked on the first page is the older one which the first mini was based upon and no-one had any issues with it. So something must have changed recently to make it not show for some people.

But I just restored an old Nandroid backup of CFX (with full gapps, I suppose) and both whatsapp and viber are in the market...

Guest tdroza

targetbsp: is the swype going really unbearably slow ? I'd like to install it now.

I'm using Swype on 02/05 ROM (and have used it on every version so far). With the latest ROM it's running the best it ever has (probably even better than it was in CM7). I'd say it's worth giving it another try if you've not used it for a while.

Guest Polys Polykarpou

I have the same problem. Can't find whatsapp or Handcent SMS on the market but I doubt it's the gapps. Anyone has a solution to this?

Guest jackal-sk

I'm using Swype on 02/05 ROM (and have used it on every version so far). With the latest ROM it's running the best it ever has (probably even better than it was in CM7). I'd say it's worth giving it another try if you've not used it for a while.

Thanks! I've not used it only for 2 days since coming to CFX :) How do I restore my dictionary ? Only via titanium backup ? Because I haven't made a titanium backup of my CM7 enviroment, only CWM backup.

Guest targetbsp

But I just restored an old Nandroid backup of CFX (with full gapps, I suppose) and both whatsapp and viber are in the market...

CM should keep your existing gapps during an upgrade. So with your old nandriod restored just flash on the new CFX version without wiping or formatting anything and see if it's present then.

Guest jackal-sk

Backup CFX, restore CM7, titanium backup apps, restore CFX. :)

Yup, I'm a little affraid of different partition sizes tho. Got some responses on the other forum how to access the data img directly, will try that.

For the record to all

Install this build: http://goo.im/devs/t...lade-signed.zip

And this fix: http://android.modac...attach_id=80602

And all will be ok. (camera preview and photos, and battery drain)

At least in 5mpx blades.

Just to confirm that this procedure totally settled the issues on my 3Mpx Blade: camera is now working flawlessly.

The rom is now perfectly stable and usable as far as I'm concerned (I don't watch Youtube).

Many thanks again to all involved!

Guest fox2000

CM should keep your existing gapps during an upgrade. So with your old nandriod restored just flash on the new CFX version without wiping or formatting anything and see if it's present then.

Well ok it should work, but I prefer it worked from scratch because I want to do a clean install in order to reduce /system size (ideally to 160MB)

Guest targetbsp

Well ok it should work, but I prefer it worked from scratch because I want to do a clean install in order to reduce /system size (ideally to 160MB)

The suggestion was a diagnostic step to work out if the fault is in gapps or the rom :)

Guest jackal-sk

Wifi question: The default is - wifi during sleep always on. However the device sleeps with screen off. Does this mean the wifi is disconnected as well and isn't causing battery drain while screen is off ? If so it'd be great.

Guest targetbsp

Wifi question: The default is - wifi during sleep always on. However the device sleeps with screen off. Does this mean the wifi is disconnected as well and isn't causing battery drain while screen is off ? If so it'd be great.

I may misunderstand your question here but the wifi stays connected during sleep if you tell it to. That's been the case in all recent blade roms since it was fixed several months ago. If that's not the behaviour you want then just change that option. Though do note that the option to go off with the screen actually means disconnect 15 minutes after the screen goes off rather than literally with the screen.

Edited by targetbsp