[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest u116040

Tried -from a working setup- to update to the latest version of S2E (using play-store) for a few times now (with both 10-5 and 15-5 CFX roms), but everytime I reboot after that upgrade I lose all that apps the were on the sd-ext partition.

For now I have reverted back to the previous version of S2E, but do you have any idea what can be causing this?

Not directly, apps are only "invisible", or really removed (even if you restore a previous version of S2E) ?

After the upgrade, before rebooting, are the settings in S2E ok ?

3 things you can try :

-maybe conflict with previous fix, you can flash the rom again (should clean /system from fix), without fixes for S2E (like apps2ext-cm9.zip, simple2ext-vX.zip), boot (sd-ext not mounted so no apps), then install S2E & restore the settings (moved dir's & options), reboot, sd-ext should be in place with your apps

-capture a logcat of the failing boot, version 2.1 says a lot of things during the boot (first lines of the boot) so we could see better what's happening

-do a full wipe (but I think you would avoid that)

You moved apps data to sd-ext ?

Guest vanlabiano

guys, quick question. what's the difference between the gapps in 4/22 and the gapps in 4/29?

tilal, great work with the new update! CHEERS! :D

Guest vNa5h

guys, quick question. what's the difference between the gapps in 4/22 and the gapps in 4/29?

tilal, great work with the new update! CHEERS! :D

gmail in 4/22

Guest gunapriyan

Thanks to Tilal...Browser is only problem to me. When browse, its load. After load white screen came. If we see thumbnail, page is loaded success. Is there any idea to solve this issue?

Guest sdevang01

Anyone has been actually able to use Barnacle Wifi Tethering? It only seems to work once after a fresh reboot, afterwards I always get the following error:

WIFI: Could not set address of wlan0: No such device

I use an app called 'Wireless tether' and works really well.

Guest crnadakm

I just tried it on my friends Blade and it wont flash gapps properly.

After I flashed gapps and after phone booted there is no change. Gapps are not there...

It flashes zip, on a reboot says "instaling updates", but there are no gapps in app drawer ...

Guest jojo7178

I just tried it on my friends Blade and it wont flash gapps properly.

After I flashed gapps and after phone booted there is no change. Gapps are not there...

It flashes zip, on a reboot says "instaling updates", but there are no gapps in app drawer ...

What is the size of your system partition ? Did you follow every step of the first page ?

Guest jojo7178

hi,

does this rom work on gen1 zte blade ?

No. You'll have to use Gen1 to Gen2. Don't forget to TPT, remember you need 185 Mb (at least) for the system partition (have a look to the first post for further information).

Guest mitchde

i flashed new 15.05. Coldfusion + newest GAPPS (linked first post) - NO PROBLEMS here with standard (220MB) TPT partition size.

Because that gapps (29.04.) are FULL, i think you really need big standard partition >195 MB! 185 MB wont fit - even you use mini-gapps.

EDIT: removed mini-gapps need >200MB, only gapps(full) need > 195MB

Edited by mitchde

Guest targetbsp

Unless you delete stuff from the rom, you need 175mb system for mini gapps or 195 for full gapps or you aren't leaving enough room for it.

Guest loryb84

how could I check my partition size and change it?

and..someone has the link for mini gapps?

thank you!

Edited by loryb84

Guest Sparrow1

Could we consider ban for every mention of Partition size, ETA, TPT or GEN? This is getting ridiculous-289 pages and 3/4 of them is this s***...

Guest shmizan

every time I read it my instincts tell me write bad words, but it's okay. if you ignore it, it will go away. that's how they do it over at XDA

Guest tilal6991

Could we consider ban for every mention of Partition size, ETA, TPT or GEN? This is getting ridiculous-289 pages and 3/4 of them is this s***...

I already tried this - it didn't work...

Guest pmmct

Tilal6991,

I'm stuck with a wi-fi problem, that maybe you can help me with.

Apparently, in CFX, you omitted an advanced setting from wi-fi connections; "Avoid poor connections: Check to automatically avoid using networks with a low-quality or intermittent Internet connection."

I was browsing for answers, and stumbled upon a page http://support.google.com/ which describes the advanced options and found this one missing. My problem is, at work, I have a wireless connection which authenticates via browser (Wifi-PT) or via a market app...but, it appears as a "poor connectoin", so it won't even allow me to get a connected state.

This missing option appears to be set by default, at least on CFX, to avoid this kind of connection, and even though I have a strong to excelent signal, I'm still stuck with using my data plan.

Will you be so kind as to send me a PM with a solution, or provide a patch to change that one setting, or even tell me which file I must change to get trough this?

I thank you in advance! By the way, great job, mate :D

Guest DMM88

After updating to 15/05 in-call volume resets to 3/5 after every reboot...

A full wipe would fix this?This didn't happen on 09/05

Edited by DMM88