[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Pondlife

This is a really great. The first ICS I've seen to be fast enough to go alongside the smoothness.

For what its worth, my TPT up to 170mb appears to have done nothing and after deleting the videos I seem to have fitted inside 160mb (with all of 3mb to spare!). I checked in root explorer and all the apps in gapps are there so it did fit them all.

Did you delete the videos in the zip or in the installed rom?

Guest skywave

Tilal, there's a problem with few apps in Market that use some of the Google Maps capabilities. They can't be found nor installed using Market. I've been talking with Transportoid ( https://market.andro...3BvcnRvaWQiXQ.. ) developer and what he said was that Market doesn't find some necessary maps libs and because of that it doesn't include such apps in search results.

This also happens with MatthewCZ's app - Jizdni rady ( https://market.andro...afra.jizdnirady ).

Any idea what's going on?

Oh, and also - Calculator app doesn't work.

Not having this rom installed, too lazy to download the rom to check. But i think if you check the build.prop you need to check the value of ro.build.fingerprint. It probably is something custom set by the compiler. It has to be

ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuxw/maguro:4.0.1/I9250XWKK5_ITL41D/163402:user/release-keys

Also this is why people get the thank you for buying a galaxy nexus emails. Market doesn't check if the google maps library is present but checks if the fingerprint is part of the validated fingerprints. So far google has played nice and didn't check further but they (Diane Hackborn) threatened recently on google+ of Cyanogen that if they implement Kornerstone (big change in framework providing multiple windows) they might lose CTS compatibility and threatened with getting banned from market, but that is offtopic.

If that fingerprint is ok, check in /system/framework/ if com.google.android.maps.jar is present.

Judging by the amount of people who say they are missing apps in market i think the fingerprint is the culprit though.

Edited by skywave

Guest targetbsp

Did you delete the videos in the zip or in the installed rom?

In the zip. Though it shouldn't matter either way as long as its done before gapps are installed.

I am going to have another go at increasing to 170 anyway tomorrow as i lack the space to install my anti theft app. :D

Guest Sasswell

Hello, my brother has a blade and we followed all your instructions however we keep having problems with Gapps that dont seem to be mentioned here. We fomated system, flashed the rom, wiped data, rebooted, waited 5 minutes then flasged gapps but every time we try to flash gapps it never goes into the setup wizard and market is never there! I have tried downloading a market apk file and this force closes. The home button also does not work when flashing this version of gapps (we tried a different ics gapps and all it installed was gmail)

hope someone can help im at my wits end!

thanks

Tilal, there's a problem with few apps in Market that use some of the Google Maps capabilities. They can't be found nor installed using Market. I've been talking with Transportoid ( https://market.andro...3BvcnRvaWQiXQ.. ) developer and what he said was that Market doesn't find some necessary maps libs and because of that it doesn't include such apps in search results.

This also happens with MatthewCZ's app - Jizdni rady ( https://market.andro...afra.jizdnirady ).

Any idea what's going on?

Oh, and also - Calculator app doesn't work.

I think I may have found the solution to your problem and my problem with whatsapp! In the case of whatsapp logcat was throwing an error about not having the necessary lib files for google maps even though google maps was installed and running ok... a little searching led me to this update.zip which fixes the permissions of the necessary lib files and now whatsapp works! woohoo... now I can use this ROM properly.

It might also fix your problem, try it and see.

update_fix.zip

Guest Pondlife

In the zip. Though it shouldn't matter either way as long as its done before gapps are installed.

I am going to have another go at increasing to 170 anyway tomorrow as i lack the space to install my anti theft app. :D

Failed to install when I tried deleting from zip on last version so just wondered, got 165 MiB (173MB) system partition and 11.7 MiB (12.3) of it free after uninstalling trebechet putting nova on instead.

Guest manimaluk

My phone wont go past the coloured patterned screen on first boot.

I've followed the instructions,got over 300 internal memory.

Any ideas please.

Thanx

:rolleyes:

Guest Pondlife

My phone wont go past the coloured patterned screen on first boot.

I've followed the instructions,got over 300 internal memory.

Any ideas please.

Thanx

:rolleyes:

Over 300 in which internal memory? Sounds like that's the data partition not the system one as don't recall anything with over 300 system.

Guest matcho13579

it works flawlessly!

just... when I surf the internet, the stock browser goes mad or I don't know what happened, it started to appear and disappear all the time :D

Guest kaherdin

Almost s*** my pants here.

I tried to use a TPT file for a Gen2 on my originally Gen1 device.

NOTHING happend when pressing vol up and menu while powering on. Sollution was to download a Gen1 TPT ofcourse and mount USB in CWM, use my computer to transfer correct TPT to SDcard and reboot.

Atleast it now booted this ICS Rom.

That almost made me wet my pants.blink.gif

Only bugs i faced are

1.Gallery which works fine with 3rd party apps

2.Calculator fc's

3.Video recording as well as playback(Mxvideo player is very laggy for me)

4.Camera preview..

Guest koeny33

Many thanks, Tilal...what an amazing improvement over previous version...easily the best ICS ROM to date for the Blade

Please keep up the support...:)

Anyone got an older apk of the Chrome browser that will work with this ROM?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Chrome would only come to ARMv7 devices. The Blade has an ARMv6 CPU :(

Guest leetron1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Chrome would only come to ARMv7 devices. The Blade has an ARMv6 CPU :(

thanks...overlooked that...was focusing on 4.0 and forgot its incompatible with ARMv6 :(

Guest sssingletrack

Been testing battery on wifi this morning. 30 mins constant usage, 2% usage. Great :). Just found that if you press the voice button on the keyboard it then makes the keyboard disappear. Had to disable Google voice under languages and inputs to get my keyboard back

Edited by sssingletrack

Well phone waked me up nicely, me likes :-)

On related note @fp30 i was using it on the latest version and the one before. Only the first version it didn't really work :/

Internet and browser also seems fine, or atlesast going to mobile modaco :-)

Guest matt4321

was messing around with it last night and couldn't find much wrong with it after calibrating the proximity sensor, works excellently, it woke up the this morning and my alarm went off, great work, I'm pretty sure I'll be using this as my daily ROM

Guest solidslash

Not having this rom installed, too lazy to download the rom to check. But i think if you check the build.prop you need to check the value of ro.build.fingerprint. It probably is something custom set by the compiler. It has to be

ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuxw/maguro:4.0.1/I9250XWKK5_ITL41D/163402:user/release-keys

Also this is why people get the thank you for buying a galaxy nexus emails. Market doesn't check if the google maps library is present but checks if the fingerprint is part of the validated fingerprints. So far google has played nice and didn't check further but they (Diane Hackborn) threatened recently on google+ of Cyanogen that if they implement Kornerstone (big change in framework providing multiple windows) they might lose CTS compatibility and threatened with getting banned from market, but that is offtopic.

If that fingerprint is ok, check in /system/framework/ if com.google.android.maps.jar is present.

Judging by the amount of people who say they are missing apps in market i think the fingerprint is the culprit though.

I think I may have found the solution to your problem and my problem with whatsapp! In the case of whatsapp logcat was throwing an error about not having the necessary lib files for google maps even though google maps was installed and running ok... a little searching led me to this update.zip which fixes the permissions of the necessary lib files and now whatsapp works! woohoo... now I can use this ROM properly.

It might also fix your problem, try it and see.

Thanks guys, I hope Tilal will incorporate a necessary fix in the next version.

I'm downloading and trying that fix right now.

edit: Unfortunately, it does not work, fp30. It may be me doing something wrong, because I only flashed that file. Is there anything else that should be done?

It'll be probably the best to wait for Tilal to fix it, though.

Edited by solidslash

Guest davidnintendo

small bug report: airplane mode seems to cause a reboot,

or is it just me?

That also happened tome, but that and a little bit slower download speeds over wifi than those from CM7 are the only bugs I found up to now. Tilal has made such a huge improvement in such a short amount of time... I was starting to believe that we were never going to have a full functional, fast and stable CM9 ROM on our Blade but now I believe it's possible. Keep your work, Tilal! We are all very thankful!

Guest Cyclothunder

was messing around with it last night and couldn't find much wrong with it after calibrating the proximity sensor, works excellently, it woke up the this morning and my alarm went off, great work, I'm pretty sure I'll be using this as my daily ROM

how did you calibrate the sensor?

Can't install this app because market says it's incompatible.

Thanks guys, I hope Tilal will incorporate a necessary fix in the next version.

I'm downloading and trying that fix right now.

edit: Unfortunately, it does not work, fp30. It may be me doing something wrong, because I only flashed that file. Is there anything else that should be done?

It'll be probably the best to wait for Tilal to fix it, though.

yes there was something I forgot to mention. I think the file I linked only enables us to install the apps that are missing (with an apk) but it doesn't make them show up in the market. for that we probably need skywaves solution which I only saw after I posted that update.zip . so for a proper fix i think wed need to do both