[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest TR_ON

howdy

just a quick note to say a huge thanks to tilal etc for their continuing brilliance.. there is no other word for it

I installed the first ColdFusion release with no issues other than the expected ones, but you work around them - stock browser didn't work too well, Opera Mobile worked fine

just put the 4th April update on and again no unexpected issues, can see a preview in camera enough to shoot the photo it's just a bit strobey, but you didn't buy the SanFran for the camera and the preview isn't needed at all - the photo still takes fine

the start up splash screen makes you smile and the ICS keeps the smile going

so thanks again and keep up the brilliant work

tN ;)

Guest gacama

Stock browser, dolphin and boat gives me only blank screens,opera os working, I've flashed the rom two times, I am the only whit this issue???

Guest mitchde

well, sometimes it shows -1/-1 (in costum brightness steps (I have that in german, but I hope you know what I mean), but when you hold your finger on the sensor, then it shows 0/0 and then works as usual (till the next time)

maybe someone can make a logcat and post it in github?

HINT: I also was thinking something is wrong with the autobrightness.

But i found out that there is one of the autobrighnes settings which i must set that also the low liight steppengs (for dark areas) will be used,

One setting ( in display/ autobrigthness) is named ALLOW abdunkeln (sorry i dont know it in engl, maybe allow dim, allow darken).

With that option ON my screen also wenht down light for dark areas, wotherwies e only the lightest steps are made, not the darkest-

You can easy check the steppings by went down one menü into "change stepping" Stufen bearbeiten.

Then you see those X/Y sensor light values . Y is that value in real time, the X is that value which will be used for steppung by computing an averadge (over the time).

Without that ALLOW abdunkeln / allow darken (one menü up) i seen that sensor averadge went down to an darker stepping but didnt step until i set ALLOW abdunken ON.

Now all good with autobrightness.

Guest targetbsp

I don't have this rom on currently, but in CM7 there's an option (in english) called 'allow light decrease'. It's not ticked by default but needs to be. Sounds like it's what you are describing.

Guest DravenE

hey guys,

i've noticed that sometoimes, the clock on the statusbar/homescreen widget (mClock) freezes and it is only the reboot that helps. Is there any way to improve it? :)

Guest jeddy1

hey guys,

i've noticed that sometoimes, the clock on the statusbar/homescreen widget (mClock) freezes and it is only the reboot that helps. Is there any way to improve it? :)

well its good you mention it but i dont think this is priority fix ,dont u think :P?? lets wait first for other more important thing to get fixed and maybe the clock get fixed also with a new release :D

Guest ~phil

Stock browser, dolphin and boat gives me only blank screens,opera os working, I've flashed the rom two times, I am the only whit this issue???

Seems to be a problem with WebView integration that affects GMail as well - The issue is currently under investigation on the bug tracker.

Edited by ~phil

Guest vNa5h

well its good you mention it but i dont think this is priority fix ,dont u think :P?? lets wait first for other more important thing to get fixed and maybe the clock get fixed also with a new release :D

you are saying that clock isnt a priority

time is the most important factor in life :P

toggling airplane mode also helps if your clock is n/w set

Guest Bergkees

Very good release, was just checking it out, but will not return to cm7.

Just one question i haven't seen addressed before recently.

I use gps a lot, and a fix used to be a matter of seconds.

Now more often than not, its like minute(s).

In the past I have noticed differences in fix times with different roms.

I wonder if there is something like a gps fix patch for the blade, or anything else I can do myself to improve this?

Guest Pelemanne

battery life is very, VERY BAD. Phone is dying in my arms :/

Battery life is better now than in 3132012 ROM and as good as in CM7.

Gps working fine and with quick fix.

Guest sej7278

I don't have this rom on currently, but in CM7 there's an option (in english) called 'allow light decrease'. It's not ticked by default but needs to be. Sounds like it's what you are describing.

you hit the nail on the head there. autobrightness works for me as i set it up the same as cm7 - settings->display->automatic backlight->enabled and allow light decrease.

gps is no better/worse than cm7, pretty slow fix but it works with igo8 and google maps.

battery level is no better/worse than any rom from cm7.2rc1 onwards as they all have the same new kernel/wifi modules.

this is a rom in development, it was stated its not for everyone. it really shouldn't be your first custom rom.

Guest arpit22x

Battery life is better now than in 3132012 ROM and as good as in CM7.

Gps working fine and with quick fix.

Which governor? what are the CPU min and Max?

SmartassV2 at 122/729 gives me 20-24 hrs... Mobile standby draining high.

Its ok for me but not as cm7.

Guest emc02

no, unfortunately not, I have ticked that and as said before, it shows often -1/-1 and does not react on different brightness until I put my finger on Sensor and then it works normal... but that does not happen everytime, but often after waking the phone (I had that issue also in CM7 in every build, maybe its a hardware problem with light sensor?)

Guest sej7278

no, unfortunately not, I have ticked that and as said before, it shows often -1/-1 and does not react on different brightness until I put my finger on Sensor and then it works normal... but that does not happen everytime, but often after waking the phone (I had that issue also in CM7 in every build, maybe its a hardware problem with light sensor?)

did you calibrate the proximity sensor as you should on each new kernel even in cm7?

in cm7 it was under settings->device settings, in coldfusionx its an app called zte settings or something.

does proximity work in a call - does it turn the screen on/off as you move it towards/away from your head?

some phones just have a problem with proximity/light sensors, we never got it bottomed out for everyone in cm7, but the default values were pretty reasonable.

Guest Ganster

Battery life is not good because Wi-Fi sleeping policy are broken. Wi-Fi don't switches off for me, with any sleeping setting.

Edited by Ganster

Guest emc02

did you calibrate the proximity sensor as you should on each new kernel even in cm7?

no, I did not calibrate it with each new kernel, but proximity always worked for me. Mine was one of the sensors never had problems ;)

now I test the default settings (600/500 instead of 426/340) for proximity...

edit: proimity works perfect (lets see what the light sensor does)

Edited by emc02

Guest saransh9

in cm7 it was under settings->device settings, in coldfusionx its an app called zte settings or something.

does proximity work in a call - does it turn the screen on/off as you move it towards/away from your head?

some phones just have a problem with proximity/light sensors, we never got it bottomed out for everyone in cm7, but the default values were pretty reasonable.

yes it does work without calibrating it atleast for me.

Guest jeddy1

you are saying that clock isnt a priority

time is the most important factor in life :P

toggling airplane mode also helps if your clock is n/w set

Well somehow you are right bec yes the time i sthe most important fact but somehow you are not right bec we are talking about the clock widget which get frozen and not the time ;)

also i mostly see my watch. When i see the phone, i never see the clock widget but the time in status bar :P

Guest Marre

Well somehow you are right bec yes the time i sthe most important fact but somehow you are not right bec we are talking about the clock widget which get frozen and not the time ;)

also i mostly see my watch. When i see the phone, i never see the clock widget but the time in status bar :P

I had the same problem in the 31/3 build, except that it wasn't just the widget that froze but also the status bar. The lock screen clock was the only one that was still correct but that was taking some time to update itself too. I haven't noticed this problem in the latest build yet though.

Edited by Marre

Guest mankulito2

Then dont use the rom. Simple.

u are so cool, smart and important now. people here are looking for help, not for stupid comments.

Guest tilal6991

u are so cool, smart and important now. people here are looking for help, not for stupid comments.

It's really frustrating when someone just makes a comment like "battery life really really bad" without saying what battery stats say or what their usage has been or whether this was on standby or during usage.

Guest pu3ku

then you should learn how to ask for help properly. this is a community forum and people are doing this for FREE. No one owe you anything.