[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest ajjjjjjjjj

To be honest, it's only HQ youtube, nothing realy important :)

Things that I care the most are CM9 fixes, like bluetooth / wifi / slowdown issues which definitely can be fixed :)

Guest targetbsp

Yeah I'm not at all bothered about the HQ video personally so that doesn't put me off ICS. In fact the low frame rate videos are better than I get on CM7 where all I hear is audio on top of a black screen for some reason. :D

Guest Icebird89

Downgrade to CM7.

But the GPS worked on 31052012. So have I done something wrong in the last update process or is it a known problem? And how do I get it to work? Nice rom otherwise.

Guest Loren82

to me, the videos I do not care, what bothers me a little, is not having a radio, which is the reason?, missing drivers? :wacko:

Guest DMM88

But the GPS worked on 31052012. So have I done something wrong in the last update process or is it a known problem? And how do I get it to work? Nice rom otherwise.

No, you didn't. Mine doesn't work on 15062012 too.

Please... Everyone say something here:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdevnet-forums/multimedia-optimization-qdsp/13248

I'm sure this is the best way to open QualComm eyes.

They just think we are idiots...

Edited by DMM88

Guest mrcake

https://developer.qu...tion-qdsp/13248

I'm sure this is the best way to open QualComm eyes.

They just think we are idiots...

Did you not bother to read any posts on the last page which actually linked to a response?

Re: Petition: Release OpenMax codecs for arm v6 OMX IL libs ...

19 Jun 2012, 04:16 pm

#31 (Top)

In a previous forum post, we indicated that we would look into this request and, unfortunately we are not able to support video codecs for ARMv6 OMX IL libs for Qualcomm's QDSP5 on MSM7x27. The architecture of MSM7x27 cannot support OpenMax video codecs for ARMv6 OMX IL on QDSP5 running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).

We appreciate the feedback and will continually monitor this thread.

Guest DMM88

Did you not bother to read any posts on the last page which actually linked to a response?

Obviously yes... You just didn't understood me... take a look at amp post...

For me it's very likely they didn't even bother to try because they didn't give us any technical details. They are too vague wich means probably they just wanna get rid of us...

Guest mrcake

Ah ok i see now, your post linked to the original petition not the follow up post by amp.

If MSM7227A and MSM7227 are as similar as amp makes out some bright spark might be able to knock something together.

Or he may just be a guy posting on the internet who knows nothing.

Either way its something that makes no financial sense for qualcomm to do, going back to make drivers for old budget tech is not a smart business move.

You buy budget stuff and get budget updates.

Buy the higher end stuff you get higher end worthy updates.

Guest tilal6991

Msm7227a and msm7227 are identical in every aspect in terms of video decoding. However since no one has made an armv7 to armv6 converter they might as well be worlds apart.

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Mr.Tilal,

My phone shows the following Partition info like as follow.......

System : 152MB/215MB

Data : 95.16MB/204MB

Cache : 1.27MB/35.50 MB

sdcard : 3.17GB/7.50GB

Already I have done TPT Gen1 to Gen2 and I am using CM9 now.

Is the above configuration is suit for CM9 or may i need to repartition it?

If need, please give me the link for correct partition.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Guna

Guest avkov

Either way its something that makes no financial sense for qualcomm to do, going back to make drivers for old budget tech is not a smart business move.

You buy budget stuff and get budget updates.

Buy the higher end stuff you get higher end worthy updates.

Well, you know, actually it has financial sense to support devices as long as possible.

1) After this reply by qualcomm many people will offend and never buy their devices again (we can see it in replies here and Qualcomm forum).

2) Other people will go to the market looking for new devices but they can buy tegra, intel, anything else or Qualcomm, they are all rather similar for costumer and none of them has any great competitive advantage, so that the costumer may buy any of them.

3) And one more part of armv6 owners will stay with their phones for a while until new technologies arrives and the new devices they buy in the future may be not Qualcomm ones (see 1 and 2).

So that only some people from the second category will buy their new devices right now and maybe some people from third category a bit later.

But if they released this codec for armv6 device they would loose some profit right now. But it would increase their profits in the future dramatically. It would create great competitive advantage. And absolute majority of people in categories 1-3 would buy only Qualcomm devices in future because of the great support and long living phones.

Ps sorry for long post and bad English ))

Guest habbo45

Haill all. Tu for the ROM! The first ROM in my blade! Oh God of metal i love it. But i receave a SMS And this dont do anything, any sound, any notification...

Its an issue of the ROM or i need to configure something?

Please help :X

Guest targetbsp

1) After this reply by qualcomm many people will offend and never buy their devices again (we can see it in replies here and Qualcomm forum).

Surely most people probably have a more realistic view of the capabilities of a £100 phone that was out of date tech when they bought it, never mind 18 months later. It's already far beyond what I ever expected it to do personally.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest avkov

Haill all. Tu for the ROM! The first ROM in my blade! Oh God of metal i love it. But i receave a SMS And this dont do anything, any sound, any notification...

Its an issue of the ROM or i need to configure something?

Please help :X

Open sms app -> press menu button on your phone -> select settings,-> notification section. It contains settings you need

Guest avkov

Surely most people probably have a more realistic view of the capabilities of a £100 phone that was out of date tech when they bought it, never mind 18 months later. It's already far beyond what I ever expected it to do personally.

I definetly agree with you! Thanx to the devs our low budget phones live so long. It's a real miracle for our blades. But I read on qualcomm forum that there are people who bought their phones recently (half a year ago if I'm not mistaken) and it's a real dissapointment. And we shouldn't forget that armv6 devices are still availible in many stores and people buy them hoping to get support and updates, which they will never have.

I'm not whining or waiting something extraordinal from my phone. I'm glad that my blade gave me much more than I expected. It was my point about financial sence of long term support and about people on qualcomm forum.

Edited by avkov

Guest stare_spb

However since no one has made an armv7 to armv6 converter they might as well be worlds apart.

google hex-rays arm decompiler

Guest targetbsp

I definetly agree with you! Thanx to the devs our low budget phones live so long. It's a real miracle for our blades. But I read on qualcomm forum that there are people who bought their phones recently (half a year ago if I'm not mistaken) and it's a real dissapointment. And we shouldn't forget that armv6 devices are still availible in many stores and people buy them hoping to get support and updates, which they will never have.

I'm not whining or waiting something extraordinal from my phone. I'm glad that my blade gave me much more than I expected. It was my point about financial sence of long term support and about people on qualcomm forum.

Anyone technically minded enough to find themselves on qualcomms forum is not deluded enough to expect their cheap phone to be forever updated. They're just desperately trying to pressure Qualcomm into doing so with threats they would never back up.

Guest JMS74

People forget too fast!

Don't you remember that if it wasn't for qualcomm we wouldn't have adreno 200 libs for ics?

I think some are forgotten of that..

Guest habbo45

Open sms app -> press menu button on your phone -> select settings,-> notification section. It contains settings you need

ty avkov! the sound and the notification works now! just the vibration dont work... but i can live witch it :P .

the rom is very nice. i cant live anymore without CM9 ICS! but the video recorder dont work is pretty bad for me. i tryed another camera app (lg camera) and still dont working... and the battery life is much bad to :(

guess... i gonna wait this video issue come fixed to return for this (incredible) ROM. ;)

Guest Sulthekk

google hex-rays arm decompiler

That's kinda interesting even for x86 :)

#region OFF

Now let's see what's inside in that other OS by real :D

#endregion

Guest Nahov

I just bought a Galaxy Nexus. I was thinking about xperia s too, but after that move of qualcomm i dont want to get in the same situation again. So im goin on with my GN

Guest Trixalos

Foursquare keeps crash every time I open it. I reinstalled first time opens but couldn't check in. Then keep crashing.

Is there any fix or something to make it work?

Thanks

Guest DMM88

But it's not what it could do...

I still have hope that someone will manage a way to make openMax work on 4.0

Maybe some hibrid ROM between 2.3 and 4.0 where everything is 4.0 except playing videos and what needs openMax.

Flash had the same problem.... and now it works.

Edited by DMM88