[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Hayden3430

Progress update - have downloaded the source and am now compiling it (for the Skate first).

Very exciting news, can't wait to see if our blades can pull off this so called 'Project Butter' ;)

Guest Felsch

Very exciting news, can't wait to see if our blades can pull off this so called 'Project Butter' ;)

Erhm... I read Project Butler, just noticed it's Butter ^^... thought that was strange.

@tilal, good and have fun trying to get the JB source to work with the machines ^^.

Guest thewild

That is really THE new feature that we could use, indeed !

Guest shabahat

Is there any thing I can do to increase the volume of blade, as it is a little low for my earpiece when i compared the same headset on other phones. help me! (any kind of a sound booster)

Guest Akash P
Is there any thing I can do to increase the volume of blade, as it is a little low for my earpiece when i compared the same headset on other phones. help me! (any kind of a sound booster)

There are many "volume boost" stuff out there but none work. Period. Best option for you is to buy a new pair of headphones.

Guest reload99

I'm not getting into the ClockworkMod Recovery, when I reboot, the screen is as if the device was bricked. Anyone else with this problem?

Guest iBanana

I'm not getting into the ClockworkMod Recovery, when I reboot, the screen is as if the device was bricked. Anyone else with this problem?

not sure what to do, but try to flash your device again with "gen1 to gen2 v10", you can find links if you can browse my posts, or search within this post. Good luck. Hope someone else can help you out.

Guest reload99

not sure what to do, but try to flash your device again with "gen1 to gen2 v10", you can find links if you can browse my posts, or search within this post. Good luck. Hope someone else can help you out.

My device is gen2, i already have changed my room sometimes, i don't know why this time Clockworkmod isn't booting

Guest iBanana

But do you have the latest Clockworkmod version? My device was gen1 and i had to use the gen1 to gen2 to use the CM7. But I couldn't install this MOD.

I had to use the "gen1 to gen2 v10" in order to adjust the partition size for this MOD. This update also updated my Crockworkmod to a recent version.

Try that step to see if it fixes your Clockworkmod or see if you need a "gen2 update to v10"

Guest Akash P
My device is gen2, i already have changed my room sometimes, i don't know why this time Clockworkmod isn't booting
Remove your SD card and connect it to your PC via a card reader or another phone maybe.. download the 138Mb partition tpt from the first page of this thread and unzip the image into your SD card... now remove the battery of ur blade.. insert the SD and pit the battery back in.. now boot pressing MEMU+VOLUME UP+POWER BUTTON. It should start flashing the new tpt along with the CWM. Edited by Akash P

Guest Krain

I know everybody is excited about the JB source code, but just a quick question: is the OTG Host mode enabled in ICS? Because with dmesg I see no reaction, when I plug in my OTG-cable. I'm not quite sure if it is the blade or the adapter (and if it is not enabled, would it be possible to enable it?).

@tilal: great job for developing such an awesome rom, thank you so much!

Guest shezar

I know everybody is excited about the JB source code, but just a quick question: is the OTG Host mode enabled in ICS? Because with dmesg I see no reaction, when I plug in my OTG-cable. I'm not quite sure if it is the blade or the adapter (and if it is not enabled, would it be possible to enable it?).

@tilal: great job for developing such an awesome rom, thank you so much!

I think it's disabled in the blade kernel.

Guest ElrOnDPT

Progress update - have downloaded the source and am now compiling it (for the Skate first).

Awesome stuff :) Keep us posted ;)

Guest Vivek S Panicker

This a great work indeed. I have tried both CFX and the one from KonstaT. I found CFX is more stable version and can be installed for daily use. I am obsessed with the smoothness of ICS and hence ignoring the issues I am facing with this. I am listing out the bugs found with this ROM.

1. Keyboard lag: It is mentioned in change log this is fixed. I show key board lag is pretty improved while comparing with the one from KonstaT. Still , at times key board is taking time to load in many applications including messaging.
  2. Browser: Browser is getting closed once the page is getting loaded.
  3. Application Closing: Applications are getting auto closed after some minutes. Not sure why this happens.
  4. No music in background: May be because of the above mentioned issue. Music is stop playing as soon as it is minimized. I have checked whether the option to kill the applications as soon as user exit is enabled or not. But though it is disabled, music is not playing in background.
  5. Message Notification: This is not something odd with ICS ROM, but I have experienced with all ROMs that some times there wont be any alert showing when message is arrived. When we check inside the messaging, unread messages will be there but no alert in status bar
  6. Customized Ringtones: It looks like default ringtone is played even when a cutomized ringtone is set for a specific user

I am using Idea Blade. Partition info is given below.

System 173MB/220 MB

Data 104 MB/162 MB

Cache 1.14 MB/37.50 MB

Guest yogesh4228

This a great work indeed. I have tried both CFX and the one from KonstaT. I found CFX is more stable version and can be installed for daily use. I am obsessed with the smoothness of ICS and hence ignoring the issues I am facing with this. I am listing out the bugs found with this ROM.

1. Keyboard lag: It is mentioned in change log this is fixed. I show key board lag is pretty improved while comparing with the one from KonstaT. Still , at times key board is taking time to load in many applications including messaging.
  3. Application Closing: Applications are getting auto closed after some minutes. Not sure why this happens.
  4. No music in background: May be because of the above mentioned issue. Music is stop playing as soon as it is minimized. I have checked whether the option to kill the applications as soon as user exit is enabled or not. But though it is disabled, music is not playing in background.
  5. Message Notification: This is not something odd with ICS ROM, but I have experienced with all ROMs that some times there wont be any alert showing when message is arrived. When we check inside the messaging, unread messages will be there but no alert in status bar
  6. Customized Ringtones: It looks like default ringtone is played even when a cutomized ringtone is set for a specific user

System 173MB/220 MB

Data 104 MB/162 MB

Cache 1.14 MB/37.50 MB

Idea blade is chinese blade comes with 256 ram only , may be that's why U suffering all these problem.

it may be b'coz of the low amount of free ram........

Guest Akash P

System 173MB/220 MB

Data 104 MB/162 MB

Cache 1.14 MB/37.50 MB

I never had any of these problems with KonastaKANG! So how is that less stable and slower than CFX? Weird!

Guest Vancet

My phone says that there is 162MB of internal storage, so am i able to install this ROM? This one is the 2nd gen. Which of the Blades have more internal storage?

System 173MB/220 MB

Data 104 MB/162 MB

Cache 1.14 MB/37.50 MB

Be honest, you've never tried KonstKang -_-

Guest JMS74

LG p700 is being released with the same gpu from qualcomm, the adreno 200 and it has ics on it.

The processor is the new version from qualcomm but the gpu is the same and last time I checked it is the gpu that provides video hardware acceleration..

How is this possible?

Guest iBanana

System 173MB/220 MB

Data 104 MB/162 MB

Cache 1.14 MB/37.50 MB

I'm experiencing the same problem with keyboard lag with some applications.

For instance I used to run the app "Metatrader 4" on my ZTE Blade (Sapo A5) without problems, but now i can't run it, when I need to use the keyboard the app hangs/lags/closes and sometimes the keyboard pops out but with the keys hidden, I can press the keys .. but i can't see them on screen. Then after a few seconds program hangs.

If anyone could try this app in the market to test it out it would be great "Metatrader 4" from "Metaquotes" company.

I don't have problems with other apps that I've tested so far. Just this on in particular.