[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Akash P

I'm experiencing the same problem with keyboard lag with some applications.

Why don't you use another keyboard application if the lags such a pain for you. I would suggest Smart Keyboard Pro. Its an amazing keyboard. Best that I've ever used on any ROM regardless.

Edited by Akash P

LG p700 is being released with the same gpu from qualcomm, the adreno 200 and it has ics on it.

The processor is the new version from qualcomm but the gpu is the same and last time I checked it is the gpu that provides video hardware acceleration..

How is this possible?

P700 is ArmV7 (MSM7227A - 1ghz)

Blade is ArmV6 (MSM7227 - 600mhz)

OpenMAX isn't compiled to run on ArmV6, that's why even with the same GPU, newer phone has video decoding acceleration and blade hasn't.

Guest Nikola86BG

Be honest, you've never tried KonstKang -_-

Maybe he has the bad flash, right now I'm using KonstaKANG and have serious speed issues. However as it's said, no wipe no whine, so I'm not going to complain until I have enough time to do a proper flash, as I should have done from the first. His problems may be similar :)

Guest JMS74

P700 is ArmV7 (MSM7227A - 1ghz)

Blade is ArmV6 (MSM7227 - 600mhz)

OpenMAX isn't compiled to run on ArmV6, that's why even with the same GPU, newer phone has video decoding acceleration and blade hasn't.

so what's the obstacle for compiling? It's the gpu that renders and not the cpu.. Unless I'm missing something this smells like an excuse

Guest targetbsp

so what's the obstacle for compiling? It's the gpu that renders and not the cpu.. Unless I'm missing something this smells like an excuse

You'd have to ask Qualcomm I guess! I'm sure it would technically be possible given enough time and money. I would imagine it just failed some cost to benefit sum somewhere along the line. Easy to do when it would actually cause people to not need to buy their newer hardware. If it was simple, then they might have done it. But it must be hard to motivate yourself to fix something up for obsolete hardware when your income comes from users buying newer hardware!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest android@sam

Or you should try to complile them for amv6 and help other devs and qualcomm to solve the problem..

Libs must be copiled in order to be compatible with CPU architecutre (even if GPU does the render, you still have to use CPU to tell the GPU to render... It's like asking why GPU driver on PC aren't the same for x64 and x86 OS).

Anyway, if I remember correctly, the biggest obstacle was that OpenMAX isn't free of charge, so Qualcomm won't provide any support untill someone pays for it (and newest ARMv6 phone like Vodafone Smart II or Galaxy Y doesn't even use Qualcomm CPU, but Broadcom).

For me, video decoding isn't an issue. I don't really get how people can watch a video on a 3.5" screen in the FullHD era. Even my 15" laptop feels tiny nowadays.

Guest android@sam

For me, video decoding isn't an issue. I don't really get how people can watch a video on a 3.5" screen in the FullHD era. Even my 15" laptop feels tiny nowadays.

The main thing is our blade won't be able to run full hd(720p) videos even after openMAX support for armv6 would be available.We need openMAX support in ics to get hardware decoding for the smooth video playback instead of software decoding.

Guest Akash P

The main thing is our blade won't be able to run full hd(720p) videos even after openMAX support for armv6 would be available.We need openMAX support in ics to get hardware decoding for the smooth video playback instead of software decoding.

From when is full HD - 720p? Its 1080p. 720p is mostly HD ready.

Guest poon tang

@tilal in the skate thread you posted that you got the jb booting.Good work buddy.Does the ril work now?

When is it completely ready?

Guest android@sam

From when is full HD - 720p? Its 1080p. 720p is mostly HD ready.

I mean,for our blade to run a 720p video is like to run a fullHD video for it and even it can't do it.It is like to play a 480p video on old p1 cpu's though our ARM11 is not that old.Now it should be clear to you.

Guest android@sam

When is it completely ready?

Be patient buddy.It's only 2-3 daya since source is released and you are asking for a stable build.Let the devs relax their mind to do the excellent job as they do.

Guest Hayden3430

Be patient buddy.It's only 2-3 daya since source is released and you are asking for a stable build.Let the devs relax their mind to do the excellent job as they do.

Is it just me or does anybody else have a feeling that this new 'butter' feature wont work on our blades? So therefore leaving us with no improvement, except a smarter interface that can already be achieved by a theme and external launcher.

Edited by Hayden3430

Guest android@sam

Is it just me or does anybody else have a feeling that this new 'butter' feature wont work on our blades? So therefore leaving us with no improvement, except a smarter interface that can already be achieved by a theme and external launcher.

In the skate thread,tilal has told that he got the project butter working as the openGL worked in his jb build for the skate.If he gets it working on the skate, then we shouldn't worry for the blade as they differ only by the kernel.

Edited by android@sam

Guest Hayden3430

In the skate thread,tilal has told that he got the project butter working as the openGL worked in his jb build for the skate.If he gets it working on the skate, then we shouldn't worry for the blade as they differ only by the kernel.

Tilal1669:

Right. My progress:

I've got it booting (on the Skate but the Blade is a stone's throw away) and everything bar camera and OpenGL/Prjoect Butter works.

Really?

Edited by Hayden3430

Guest tilal6991

Right. My progress:

I've got it booting (on the Skate but the Blade is a stone's throw away) and everything bar camera and OpenGL/Prjoect Butter works. I'm not releasing because TBH it's completely unusable due to the slowness. This is a work in progress and NO Quallcom devices have it working. I repeat - this is temporary and will be fixed.

Guest android@sam

Right. My progress:

I've got it booting (on the Skate but the Blade is a stone's throw away) and everything bar camera and OpenGL/Prjoect Butter works. I'm not releasing because TBH it's completely unusable due to the slowness. This is a work in progress and NO Quallcom devices have it working. I repeat - this is temporary and will be fixed.

Nice work buddy. but is ril working?

Guest iBanana

Why don't you use another keyboard application if the lags such a pain for you. I would suggest Smart Keyboard Pro. Its an amazing keyboard. Best that I've ever used on any ROM regardless.

testing it right now. Thank you for the tip

Btw the keyboard lag isn't such a big issue, the keyboard that comes with this custom rom is very cool and functional, but in some apps it takes like 1 or 2 more seconds to open. Right now the biggest issue is that it hangs on one APP, but it could be the app, or any other issue.

Guest pinkcupcake

Hi!

I'm running CM9 but I have chosen Swedish as my main language. It's a very good rom but I wish the shutdown menu popup was translated properly aswell as some things in the settings menu and options etc. I am sticking with CM7 now as it's stable and final. I assume the languages will be fixed before your final release?

Thank you!