[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

Started downloading :)

Also at what point in the installation process do we install the video patch?

Thanks again

The flash order is layed out precisely on the first page.

General statement to everyone: PLEASE READ THE FLASH ORDER!

Guest shezar

most probably it wont be there is a new release so get it and flash it

I checked and 1.7 is the newest which I already have so it's not a new release. But thanks for the info. :)

Guest tilal6991

When I have version from 22.3., need I wipe factory etc. or can I instal update and "Patch for video decoding to work" thanks.

No you won't need to data wipe - you can just install the ROM and the patch.

Guest Hoonboof

There seems to multiple errors:

I/Adreno  (  480): ioctl code 0xc00c0902 (IOCTL_KGSL_DEVICE_GETPROPERTY) failed: errno 22 Invalid argument

is one of them.

But there is also a few about genlock and gralloc.

So it doesn't look like it's going to be an easy ride...

Hey pal could you throw a pastebin of the whole log up that I could peruse, I've got CM9 syncing on my main machine, it's not going to be done until tomorrow sometime and I'd like a headstart on what errors I'm likely to run into.

I/Adreno ( 480): ioctl code 0xc00c0902 (IOCTL_KGSL_DEVICE_GETPROPERTY) failed: errno 22 Invalid argument

KGSL bombing could be a kernel issue, is the device being created properly (it'll be at /dev/kgsl, should be +0666, i'd assume so, what with it returning an invalid argument error from ioctl)?

Guest tilal6991

Hey pal could you throw a pastebin of the whole log up that I could peruse, I've got CM9 syncing on my main machine, it's not going to be done until tomorrow sometime and I'd like a headstart on what errors I'm likely to run into.

I/Adreno ( 480): ioctl code 0xc00c0902 (IOCTL_KGSL_DEVICE_GETPROPERTY) failed: errno 22 Invalid argument

KGSL bombing could be a kernel issue, is the device being created properly (it'll be at /dev/kgsl, should be +0666, i'd assume so, what with it returning an invalid argument error from ioctl)?

Cool - always great to have a new dev to help.

I would put up a logcat but I don't have my Blade with me lol. You should be able to try it yourself though. Just switch the genlock flag in the common board config to true and build CM. Then push the new libs to your phone and you should get my error.

Guest Hoonboof

Cool - always great to have a new dev to help.

I would put up a logcat but I don't have my Blade with me lol. You should be able to try it yourself though. Just switch the genlock flag in the common board config to true and build CM. Then push the new libs to your phone and you should get my error.

Coolio, I'll update you when I get a chance to build, more than likely won't get round to it tomorrow but eh better late than never!

Guest kaherdin

No you won't need to data wipe - you can just install the ROM and the patch.

I just wanted the video patch, so I just went into recovery mode and flashed it and rebooted.

The results are that in stuck in boot animation and it wont clear into android.

Did a factory reset/wipe just now and it's still in on boot animation. I would not recommend flashing this unless doing a "fresh installment" of your entire system.

I will now wipe, format and reinstall the ROM.

Guest Davidoff59

david, have you changed anything to download games that don't usually show for the blade. Have you changed your build prop to fake the market so it thinks its a HTC device?

Guest AntonPettersson

Am I the only one getting an assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="blade" ... error?

Got that too, you need to update ClockWorkMod. Through ROM Manager.

Guest Hoonboof

Am I the only one getting an assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="blade" ... error?

In clockwork? Have you modified your build.prop?

Guest ropin

I just wanted the video patch, so I just went into recovery mode and flashed it and rebooted.

The results are that in stuck in boot animation and it wont clear into android.

Did a factory reset/wipe just now and it's still in on boot animation. I would not recommend flashing this unless doing a "fresh installment" of your entire system.

I will now wipe, format and reinstall the ROM.

if you just wanted the video patch you still need to install the latest rom as well as the video patch file, thats why you got a boot loop.

i installed both the video patch zip and latest rom without formating and everything is working fine

Guest David Horvath

Got that too, you need to update ClockWorkMod. Through ROM Manager.

Figured that out myself, thanks anyway. Booting now :P Exciting!

Guest vNa5h

if you just wanted the video patch you still need to install the latest rom as well as the video patch file, thats why you got a boot loop.

i installed both the video patch zip and latest rom without formating and everything is working fine

btw what does the video patch do

does it fix the youtube hq lag

All u have to do when installing a new build is

- Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard

- Boot into Recovery

- Flash CM9 zip

- Flash latest gapps

- Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache

- Reboot

:)