Sign in to follow this  
Ramious

Lock key and backlight problem (B7610)

First I noticed that my Lock button doesn't work anymore. When I press it, nothing happens. I thought it's a bug or something so I flashed different Roms but the problem still exists...

it is not a hardware problem, because i can hard reset my device normally.

When the phone goes to stand-by mode, it stays off for one second and then it turns the screen and backlight back on. That runs my battery out quite quickly.

I have searched forum for this problem, but did not find any answer.

Is there a solution for this??

Edited by Ramious

First I noticed that my Lock button doesn't work anymore. When I press it, nothing happens. I thought it's a bug or something so I flashed different Roms but the problem still exists...

it is not a hardware problem, because i can hard reset my device normally.

When the phone goes to stand-by mode, it stays off for one second and then it turns the screen and backlight back on. That runs my battery out quite quickly.

I have searched forum for this problem, but did not find any answer.

Is there a solution for this??

I had a problem when the keylock button didn't work. When I turned the phone to stand by mode I couldn't turn it on again. If this is the problem you are facing I solved it with removing the samsung sdk. I hope I could help you.

Hello to both of u, i have had this phone for 2 yrs now, not a single issue...but yesterday developed the same problem mentioned here, persists after hard reset( running original WM 6.1 tat it shipped with), either the backlight remains on for the time i hv set in settings, shuts for a second n again on(as mentioned by u) or smtimes it switches between 1min of lockscreen(inspite of it being inactivated from settings) and 1 min. of today screen. It is definitely software coz once in a 100 soft resets, the lockscreen starts behaving normally, and stays that way till u need to soft reset the device for sm reason or the other... plz help as i couldnt find the samsung sdk... and maybe smthing u hv figured that i still hvnt managed to.

thnx