[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest youpi666

ps hey somebody should tell cm7.2 guys on how to make smooth auto-brightness work

hey, as CM7.2 guys said on the good topic, if you want smoother auto brightness, add values in the cm setting menu. You could tweak yourself the auto brightness as you want. For my side auo brightness works great and it's usable.

Guest youpi666

ok A1 users, read carrefuly :

For the freeze/reboot (without oc) since i've change a param, no problem. So done this :

- download build.prop editor

- edit the dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit : change it to 64m

- go to perf menu => memory managment => check bitmaps purge

reboot

You should have a no freeze/reboot CM9, give some feedback (please no oc test !).

Then, if it work for you some point to NOTICE with oc :

- prefer interactiveX to smartassV2, don't now why for now but better stability.

- for the moment don't go over 998, notice some heat problem on battery (i use 960 intercativeX rom is smooth)

Oh, and clean unuse app :)

Edit : i forget too : don't use trebuchet, use apex or nova or other, but trebuchet lag.

Edited by youpi666

Guest alboz83

I just remove yesterday CM9 beacuse i have freeze/reboot, i'm waiting some feedback. For now and for me, miui final v2 it's the better rom, beautiful and fast. But i hope soon in a perfect CM9 :) Good job youpi and the pasto ;)

Guest after_silence

ok A1 users, read carrefuly :

For the freeze/reboot (without oc) since i've change a param, no problem. So done this :

- download build.prop editor

- edit the dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit : change it to 64m

- go to perf menu => memory managment => check bitmaps purge

reboot

You should have a no freeze/reboot CM9, give some feedback (please no oc test !).

Then, if it work for you some point to NOTICE with oc :

- prefer interactiveX to smartassV2, don't now why for now but better stability.

- for the moment don't go over 998, notice some heat problem on battery (i use 960 intercativeX rom is smooth)

Oh, and clean unuse app :)

Edit : i forget too : don't use trebuchet, use apex or nova or other, but trebuchet lag.

Of course that doesnt help at all, still have a lot of freezes/reboots on a1 with compcache and swap.

Guest youpi666

Swap on of course but, no compcache, no SVS.

no freeze since that. But cannot oc without freeze so still have a problem.

The dalvik values have a impact on the freeze frequencies, so must play with.

This problem apart, ics is smoother without oc than gb with.

Guest youpi666

Ok new dalvik value test for A1 user, please do it in a simple config (no oc, a2sd and so, need to find the good first, then we'll see with more complicated config) :

edit build.prop

dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit = > change to 48m

dalvik.vm.heapsize => change to 48m

reboot

feedback, if it better for you or not (as inner_silence does)

Guest after_silence

Ok new dalvik value test for A1 user, please do it in a simple config (no oc, a2sd and so, need to find the good first, then we'll see with more complicated config) :

edit build.prop

dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit = > change to 48m

dalvik.vm.heapsize => change to 48m

reboot

feedback, if it better for you or not (as inner_silence does)

Doenst help too, i have freezes with swap, no compcache (with compcache there are even more freezes), no oc, no a2sd :-P We have used it (32mb or 48, cant remember) in earliest beta's (before beta 3 i guess) and there were freezes too. We have changed it to 128mb to force more active using of swap ('cause swapiness doesnt helped here) and generally it must to work better then with less values.

At the moment (on latest beta4 and newly compiled cm9 roms with the same kernel) there are very frequent freeze with turned on wi-fi, actually my phone sometimes cant boot with wifi-on. With turned off wifi - there are less freezes, but still present.

Edited by after_silence

Guest youpi666

Thank !

good testing way, when we have the good default env, w'll could probably test the others things.

yep see the wifi related too (talk about it with thepasto yesterday), don't know for you, but when wifi on, seems to heat a little to the down of the phone. Have also the boot with wifi on problem, but with the last value have an improvement : the boot take time, lot of time, but finally boot and have hand on the device.

For the moment, better to not use the 128m value, thepasto talk about this, had try it with gb, doesn't have good result too. As i see on gb, each rom have is own behavior on the dalvik value (for exemple have freeze with ln if i use the cm 7.2 value, and vice versa, and of course it's not the same too for miui :D ) and for now i'm pretty sure that the dalvik values are not correct for A1 and could be a part of problem.

But further advance this, more i think this is not the only pb ;), and i totally agree with you on wifi. Have some doubt about simcard/phone network behavior too (weird things with this).

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Has anyone tried using the new, ICS-compatible V6 SuperCharger with this ROM? I am especially curious as to how well it works on A1 devices, but I can't test it myself, seeing as I'm going to need my phone to be stable in the following days (flashed back to CM7.2 for this reason).

It's available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

Guest Ainillia

First, Thanks to all devs working on Acer A1.

I've a question, JellyBean (JB) has been said to be more ressource-friendly than ICS, and smoother. So, is it possible that JB/CM10 would be "lighter" on A1 Devices, taking less RAM/Ressources ? Any idea ?

I know CM10 hasn't been released yet, and JB sources too, so i'm not asking for CM10 port on A1 now. I just want an answer. Because ICS looks really hard to run smoothly on A1. As far as i know, ICS/(JB?) requirements are 512MB RAM & 1GHz CPU. Our Liquid have ~190MB RAM and ~1.1GHz CPU @max. We'll see otherwise.

And, is CM9b4 based on CM9 RC1 ?

Guest droug

HOw do i Sincronizate with google account, and where is the play store?? I'm a little lost

That give me "failed".

I reboot in recovery and i select the file and give me error...

Guest aab1290

i am having problems to move my apps to sd card and my wifi does not start and i cant connect my phone..the usb doesnt get detected.. can anyone please help..

i have ACER LIQUID E FERRARI

And also tell me the notification light setting..have set all 3 different colours but when i get a whats app the call notification starts ..can u help please

rest its working smooth ...Great !

A1 won't be usable until someone can do some magic to lower memory requirements. A1 will be usable only with swap DISABLED. Otherwise we get lags (from swapping) which sometimes causes reboots. Seems this task is unreal.

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Yes, the reboots are definitely not caused by swap; if anything, they could be caused by a lack of swap usage, as running out of RAM can cause a soft reboot, and not using swap will result in the device running out of RAM very fast. The V6 SuperCharger does change the way Android's autokiller works, which is why I previously asked if anyone tried using it with this ROM on an A1 device.