[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest bildr

not really, I think i have something that can help you.

what you need :

1- some way to read your SD card on a computer to copy files to it

2- your phone

3- winrar

4- notepad++

Steps

1- open the beta 4 zip file (DON'T EXTRACT) and go to META-INF\com\google\android

2- open the updater-script file with Notepad++

3- delete the first line, it should look like this:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "salsa" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "salsa");

4- make sure there is no empty line in the beginning of the file

5- save the file

6- winrar will ask you if you want to save the changes in your zip file, say yes

7- copy the modified zip file to your SD card using a card reader or another phone

8- boot the phone in recovery and wipe all then flash the file

I'm trying to delete the code whitin une .rar file whitout extracting it, and it don't save, the line always comme back. Can't seem to modify whitin the rar.

Edit*** Finaly i discovered that it was 7ZIP that didn't allow me internal change whitin the compressed files, winrar was able to save the change.

I've updated it, and for now it looks like it's working well!

Edited by bildr

Guest Ma7moud

I'm trying to delete the code whitin une .rar file whitout extracting it, and it don't save, the line always comme back. Can't seem to modify whitin the rar.

Edit*** Finaly i discovered that it was 7ZIP that didn't allow me internal change whitin the compressed files, winrar was able to save the change.

I've updated it, and for now it looks like it's working well!

That's why i said winrar lol

Guest Kwisatz89

Hi, first of all nice work The Pasto!

BTW i got a problem. How to check if swap is enabled on the os? In LNP it is always switched off and if i switch it on after closing the app is forced to off again. I checked partition under linux and they are good, how to check if system is using swap??

Thank you!!

Edited by Kwisatz89

Guest parvata

Check out http://androidsight....on-android.html and see step 4. Or connect to adb shell and enter the command "free". This should tell you if the swap partition is enabled and being used. HTH.

Hi, first of all nice work The Pasto!

BTW i got a problem. How to check if swap is enabled on the os? In LNP it is always switched off and if i switch it on after closing the app is forced to off again. I checked partition under linux and they are good, how to check if system is using swap??

Thank you!!

Edited by parvata

Guest MagicMatze

Hiho,

I have used LiquidNext 1.9.2 all the time and was very happy with it. But sometimes the device (liquid e) had problems with booting and hangs in a loop showing only the acer logo. So I decided to upgrade to another rom with android 4 and came to this ROM. I am very amazed about how my device looks and feels now! So I want to say thank you to the developers ;)

But I have also a question: My status says, that I am using "model A1". I have choosen the rom from post #1:

cm-9-20120622-UNOFFICIAL-salsa: http://tinyw.in/6i1f

Have I choosen the wrong one? Cause I have liquid E. Is this the newest one (beta4)?

Thanks for you answer,

Matze

Guest Ma7moud

Hiho,

I have used LiquidNext 1.9.2 all the time and was very happy with it. But sometimes the device (liquid e) had problems with booting and hangs in a loop showing only the acer logo. So I decided to upgrade to another rom with android 4 and came to this ROM. I am very amazed about how my device looks and feels now! So I want to say thank you to the developers ;)

But I have also a question: My status says, that I am using "model A1". I have choosen the rom from post #1:

cm-9-20120622-UNOFFICIAL-salsa: http://tinyw.in/6i1f

Have I choosen the wrong one? Cause I have liquid E. Is this the newest one (beta4)?

Thanks for you answer,

Matze

No, it's ok, it doesn't matter what it says

Guest Ma7moud

All on vacantion? No no devs you have to works on CM9 for A1, i'm waiting XD

We are all waiting, but if CyanogenMod say its hard then it's really hard

This is what CyanogenMod said about ICS on Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 (our processor and SoC):

The Nexus One, along with the other first generation Snapdragon devices (devices with the QSD8x50, MSM7x25, MSM7x27 and MSM7x27T SoCs), will not be supported beyond the CM 7.x (Gingerbread) branch.

We’ve been holding off on finalizing this, looking for ways that we could make this work and be happy with the release. Sadly, it never panned out, and we’ve decided that it’s time to stop our efforts.

The Nexus One in particular would have required a custom hboot to repartition the internal memory (which itself was limited to 512 MB, like most devices of that generation) and the proprietary libs available (from 2.3) would have required compromises in the CyanogenMod code that we are not willing to make. The wide variety of MSM7x2x(T) devices, on top of these problems, also have a complete lack of media libraries that are compatible with the new APIs introduced in ICS (video decoding and encoding, specifically). The pieces just aren’t there.

Does the capability to run ICS or Jellybean exist on these devices? Yes, with enough time, effort, and hacks it can be made to work. Do we feel the experience is worth all of that? No.

To measure our releases, we use the same subjective criteria as users do: “speed”, “jank”, “butter”, but also factor in user experience (UX) and other intangibles. However, beyond this is something that we can (and do) use as a ‘pass or fail’ mechanism, the Android Compatibility Test Suite. The CTS is used by device manufacturers to ensure that their changes to Android source do not break Android API, platform and other standards. This, in turn, brings stability to the Play Store for app developers. Breaking CTS would lead to a bad and inconsistent experience for app devs, which in turn would lead to a bad experience for you guys as users. If CyanogenMod was perceived to be blatantly violating CTS, developers could eventually blacklist CyanogenMod users from using their apps (or worse, Google could blacklist CyanogenMod from the Play Store altogether). No one would win by going down that path.

If, in the future, a solution is found that passes CTS, we will revisit the topic.

For users that are adamant about trying to run ICS and beyond, options exist. We are not going to recommend other builds however, as they are more than likely breaking CTS, and therefore our quality assurance standards as well. You can find them if you look in the usual places.

-The CyanogenMod Team

Edit The list of affected devices are as follows: blade, bravo, bravoc, buzz, c660, click, cooper, desirec, e510, e720, es209ra, espresso, hero, heroc, inc, legend, liberty, morrisson, motus, one, p500, passion, robym, s5670, supersonic, tass, u8150, u8220, z71, zero

Guest Ainillia

Yeah it's hard but i think they are on vacation :)

Source : https://github.com/thepasto thepasto's github did not moved for the past 24 days.

I'm not pressed :) They can take their time and some vacanties... They support our old devices for us only and they don't get paid very much.

Maybe they are preparing a Jellybean suprise, also, with new partition layers. AFAIK JB uses less CPU/RAM.

Guest shea83

Hi, sorry for my bad english...I've an Acer Liquid A1 with MIUI Final, i want to try the CM9... is usable as a daily rom or is it better to stay with MIUI? someone has already tried to use it on Acer Liquid A1?

Thanks for you answer.

Guest Ainillia

If you want stable, then stay with MIUI

Ma7moud, sorry but, i read somewhere that the A1 problem on CM9 is the ipv6. If i just disable it, will the phone be more stable ? Less reboots. And do you know if the GApps would be usable without ipv6 (again, read it somewhere there was a bug with ipv6 disabled) ? I have already fixed some kernel tweaks here and there.

Guest Ma7moud

Ma7moud, sorry but, i read somewhere that the A1 problem on CM9 is the ipv6. If i just disable it, will the phone be more stable ? Less reboots. And do you know if the GApps would be usable without ipv6 (again, read it somewhere there was a bug with ipv6 disabled) ? I have already fixed some kernel tweaks here and there.

If you can disable ipv6 and test it that would be great

Guest alboz83

I had tried to disable ipv6 with "net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1" but i don't understand if works and the reboots or freezes there are just the same.

Guest Ainillia

Hey ThePasto, nice to see you replying =)

Did you went on holidays ? I hope so (Shittiest weather in UK) ! :P

Or maybe you're preparing a special *fullyfunctionnal ICS/JB* Liquid update ? ^_^

I've a personal question too, IF (I said IF) you wanted to change your current phone, what would you take/buy ?

Greetings

Guest thepasto

well i think i will buy a nexus phone. But not for now. I'm a little tired to develop for liquid :D

Nobody is supporting me so i'm bored atm.

I will start again to look at liquid side after summer. Now i'm preparing my next home so i'm really busy!!

Guest bellanano

I've bought a GNexus i9250 at €239 here in milan...I think it's time to let go the liquid A1 on his way.

Thankyou for all the pasto and other developer!

Guest Ma7moud

well i think i will buy a nexus phone. But not for now. I'm a little tired to develop for liquid :D

I will start again to look at liquid side after summer. Now i'm preparing my next home so i'm really busy!!

The problem is buy the Galaxy Nexus or wait for the next Nexus :D

Guest youpi666

Think about a 7' tab ;)

Since i have it, i've change my point of view, my next phone will simply be a xperia mini pro for phone and music part. For the rest, i use the tab :D

Guest Ma7moud

The next will be (too) expensive in first place ;)

I guess you are right :wacko:

Think about a 7' tab ;)

Since i have it, i've change my point of view, my next phone will simply be a xperia mini pro for phone and music part. For the rest, i use the tab :D

I like one device to do everything :P