[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest paulus4605

Is there an option in recovery mode to partition the rest of the SD card? or just copy the files there wipe everything and pray for the best :P

Sorry for being this cautious but I need to be sure before wiping everything (because then there is no way back)

waiting for your expert opinion :)

or are there other things that I need to pay attention to

please advice

Edited by paulus4605

Guest Ma7moud

Is there an option in recovery mode to partition the rest of the SD card? or just copy the files there wipe everything and pray for the best :P

Sorry for being this cautious but I need to be sure before wiping everything (because then there is no way back)

waiting for your expert opinion :)

Be sure to backup your data as in the partition the sd card is formatted.

After selecting partition sd card the first thing you will see is the option to select the size of the partition that you want to make (make it 1024MB).

Next will be the swap size (make it 256MB

After selecting these options your sd card will be formatted with a 1GB ext partition.

I hope this helps

Clear steps:

Go into CWM (ClockWorkMod).

Go into advanced.

Choose Partition SD Card.

Choose 1024Mb for first choice.

Choose 256MB for second choice.

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest paulus4605

Ma7moud,

thanks for your reply, once I did this I am good to go and continue with wiping and flashing?

Paul

sorry double post can be removed

Edited by paulus4605

Guest Ma7moud

Ma7moud,

thanks for your reply, once I did this I am good to go and continue with wiping and flashing?

Paul

sorry double post can be removed

yes, wipe everything then flash both zip files

Guest paulus4605

After upgrading to cm9 I get to enter my pincode for my simcard however afterwards it's asking me about Sim network unlock pin??? what do I do here?? Urgent

Guest Ma7moud

After upgrading to cm9 I get to enter my pincode for my simcard however afterwards it's asking me about Sim network unlock pin??? what do I do here?? Urgent

can you skip it ? if not then restart the phone

Guest paulus4605

no my sim is not locked I can place calls however he keeps comming up with this message right after starting up the phone

ps how do I install the gapps?

Edited by paulus4605

Guest Ma7moud

no my sim is not locked I can place calls however he keeps comming up with this message right after starting up the phone

ps how do I install the gapps?

it appeared to me a few times before and my phone is not locked, but not every time, all you have to do is skip it

and to install the gapps flash this file in recovery mode (without wiping anything) http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Guest Sany Linux

it's downloaded from goo manager so I just boot into recovery and select the zip file or do I need to rename it first to update.zip

You don't have to rename the file, just flash it.

Guest paulus4605

is there a way to get the real status of the battery consumption or is it according to MA7MOUD one of the bugs that are difficult to resolve due to the special battery power chip?

Perhaps a stupid remark from me, I should have a nandroid backup of froyo 2.2 for my acer ferrari, could you use this image in order to find a solution for the battery & battery led?

if you think so please let me know I will help you to get a copy of it

Paul

Edited by paulus4605

Guest Ainillia

I don't understand, what do youwant exatcly with "battery consumption" ? percentage ? battery-eating apps ? there's a graphic in phone information that shows battery level over the time.

For the nandroid backup => no

Guest Ma7moud

I don't understand, what do youwant exatcly with "battery consumption" ? percentage ? battery-eating apps ? there's a graphic in phone information that shows battery level over the time.

For the nandroid backup => no

It's a common problem with Liquid E Ferrari edition, the phone doesn't know how much % of the battery is left and the battery light is always blinking as if the battery is low

Guest paulus4605

Ainillia, Ma7moud exactly saying what's going on.

my findings sofar

phone freezes up when enabling wifi

rebooting the system keeps hanging

and syncing gmail does not happen instantly

the battery indicator shows as mentioned earlier an esclamation mark ( ! )

keeps on requesting the unlock code for the network but the phone works when you skip this.

not able to use the phone as mass storage device

speed is good

like the interface.

concerning freezing up the phone, can this be due to lack of memory or might something else causing the problem.

or do I need to downgrade to Gingerbread?

Edited by paulus4605

Guest paulus4605

my findings sofar

phone freezes up when enabling wifi

rebooting the system keeps hanging

after a couple of reboots the wifi is comming up correctly.

rebooting the system while in the phone hangs only when a previous application stopped working

tried again when logged on no problem then.

and syncing gmail does not happen instantly

forgot to adapt the setting my bad :blush:

not able to use the phone as mass storage device

still excisting.

when I am in the settings menu you have the battery option, it gives me 0 in percentage however it states that I have 15h45m on battery :huh:

is there a way to increase the reaction speed when you click on an icon?

Guest Ainillia

Just try to flash another GB/ICS ROM. As long as you always following the steps and tare care of compatibility, you will never have problems.

The mass storage is only avaliable via recovery, i think, i've problems too, here.

Edited by Ainillia

Guest paulus4605

Update

I changed my CM9 towards a CM7

at this point I have the impression that it's a bit faster then the CM9

secondly I have again access to mass storage on my pc

battery keeps on flashing

So I guess that I stay on CM7 for a while since this one is better behaving towards my acer.

Paul

Guest parvata

Update

I changed my CM9 towards a CM7

at this point I have the impression that it's a bit faster then the CM9

secondly I have again access to mass storage on my pc

battery keeps on flashing

So I guess that I stay on CM7 for a while since this one is better behaving towards my acer.

Paul

Mass storage works for me on cm9. Just uninstall any of the acer drivers. You don't need any drivers for USB mass storage. You need the drivers from acer only for adb connection. Ensure that in the advanced option Under Storage setting (you need to press the menu button once you are under storage setting to see these advanced options) you select the USB mass storage option. Nevertheless I agree that cm9 is a bit slower than cm7.