[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest cellino92

Hi guys, how i'm sure if swapping on SD work? i installed a2sdgui to change swappness to 100 but it can't start because phone isn't rooted (but it is) or another problem.

Guest Ma7moud

Hi guys, how i'm sure if swapping on SD work? i installed a2sdgui to change swappness to 100 but it can't start because phone isn't rooted (but it is) or another problem.

I'm sure swap is working in CM9 , you can change swappiness in Liquidparts app, or check it from terminal emulator, type "free" and if the swap line says the correct size of your swap partition then its working, and finally it's not recommended to set swappiness to 100, that means the system will use swap more than ram, and swap is slower than real ram so the phone would be slower

Guest parvata

enter the following sequence of commands in adb shell

su

free

This should give your a summary.

Guest cellino92

thanks guys, swap is correct but this rom is the slower i've ever seen...10 second to open menu (if it doesn't crash and restart the phone). i hope this beautiful rom will be faster in future on this phone.

Guest norteside

update the download link please.. and by the way i downloaded goomanager from playstore, install it and then select "Install OpenRecoveryScript" and answer yes to the questions. but it says NO RECOVERY WERE FOUND FOR YOUR DEVICE... im with Liquid_CM7.2_Honor_TR_v2 rom, and i want to install this version... trying to flash it by recovery mode it gives error..

help needed

Guest Ainillia

update the download link please.. and by the way i downloaded goomanager from playstore, install it and then select "Install OpenRecoveryScript" and answer yes to the questions. but it says NO RECOVERY WERE FOUND FOR YOUR DEVICE... im with Liquid_CM7.2_Honor_TR_v2 rom, and i want to install this version... trying to flash it by recovery mode it gives error..

help needed

You don't have to post twice.. argh... if everyone do this...

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2018446

Edited by Ainillia

Guest banjodido

Not sure if you are aware of any unix/cygwin tools but if you are could you connect the phone to the pc (using adbWifi app) and do the following on a cygwin or a unix console?

adb shell 2>&1 | tee ./logcat.log

dmesg

logcat &

And then keep the phone running until it powers off and then submit the logcat.log file with the issue that you saw? Thanks.

Hey parvata, thanks for still thinking of me. I'm not a 100% sure want you mean, esp. concerning the unix/cygwin tools so I'll probably will not try it. Actually due to work and vacation I haven't been able to resolve this matter any further.

1) Flash CWMR via computer : http://www.mediafire...tswznm9s48hbq1e

2) Partition SD-Card : [128MB Swap | 1-2GB sd-ext4 (for app2sd) | remaining GB normal/storage] via Advanced/Partition SDCard menu in CWMR /!\ will wipe SD

3) Wipe Data/Factory Reset and cache

4) Transfer https://docs.google....ZlNnZ0tfRFFLWUU to your SDCard's root

5) Transfer http://goo.im/gapps/...0429-signed.zip to your SDCard's root

6) Flash the files above via CWMR (firstly ROM, secondly GApps)

7) Reboot, it may take some time, after configure your settings/apply tweaks/...

Is this procedure the same to update to a newer Version of CM9? As I have some problems which I stated here, so I wanted to update to the here mentioned beta4.

Clear steps:

Go into CWM (ClockWorkMod).

Go into advanced.

Choose Partition SD Card.

Choose 1024Mb for first choice.

Choose 256MB for second choice.

Do I have to reformat the SD card? Shouldn't it be formated the first time CM9 was installed on the phone? I'm an absolute Newbie concering Android in general so any help is appreciated.

If my problem still exist with the new beta4 I wanted to downgrade to LiquidNext 1.9.2. Does anybody have a link for a guide that shows how to downgrade?

Guest banjodido

Just a small update, the SD card wasn't partioned. This was done using one of the many tuts around. Also update to the beta4 was done w/o any hassle. Thanks to everyone writing useful comments in this thread. Now I just have to see if my problem with the Acer is fixed as well.

Edited by banjodido

Guest ccorasaaa

Devs any progress on CM9?

Yes there are some progress. Lupohirp has solved some kernel bugs. Thepasto is very busy, in the weekend maybe there will be developments.

Trust me, stay tuned over the weekend

:rolleyes: Thanks ccorasaaa for the Good News

Waiting but can't.

Still trying to wait but can't :rolleyes:

testing personal fixes for sleep crashes. for now no freezes (20 minutes) and also my fix for 200mb system works also for ics :) hope guys :)

Yeah yeah yeaaaah, I hope everything works great, good luck to all of you.

Please keep us updated on work progress, it gets me too much excited. :rolleyes:

Edited by Diljeet

Guest lupohirp

testing personal fixes for sleep crashes. for now no freezes (20 minutes) and also my fix for 200mb system works also for ics :) hope guys :)

ok seems it's working but i've broked usb support and also rom is smooth like v4. but SEEMS that there aren't no freezes anymore. now i must understand why usb doesn't work and also why rendering is sooo slow :( unfortunately now i don't have time....will resume work tomorrow :)

Edited by lupohirp

Guest lupohirp

Yeeeaaah we all pray ahah..and i hope in a new rom today or tomorrow!!

eheheh i understand hype but i cannot release a broken rom with the bugs posted up so i need time :) you will kill me otherwise :)

eheheh i understand hype but i cannot release a broken rom with the bugs posted up so i need time you will kill me otherwise

ahaha i see the bugs after my post. well, see you tomorrow and good job ;)

testing personal fixes for sleep crashes. for now no freezes (20 minutes) and also my fix for 200mb system works also for ics hope guys

ok seems it's working but i've broked usb support and also rom is smooth like v4. but SEEMS that there aren't no freezes anymore. now i must understand why usb doesn't work and also why rendering is sooo slow unfortunately now i don't have time....will resume work tomorrow

Good job. I'm compiling kernel with your fixes - It's realy fast :)

Edited by ugers