[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest Diljeet

I have a problem..

I'm trying to flash the unoficial salsa.zip but I get this error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "salsa" || getpropt(ro.bE:unknown command [uild.product")]

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-9-20121003-UNOFICIAL-salsa.zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted.

Umount FS in main menu and retry.

I did that 3 times already and it won't work..

What should I do?

I don't know much about the problem, but please check that the download is completed successfully(i mean your downloaded file may be corrupted).

And if possible try installing the rom by latest TWRP(are you using CWM Recovery?)

Guest zorginho

Hi thepasto i'm trying ur ROM is good but i have some issues, ill use it for some other hours then report :rolleyes:

Edited by zorginho

Guest Flikzor

I don't know much about the problem, but please check that the download is completed successfully(i mean your downloaded file may be corrupted).

And if possible try installing the rom by latest TWRP(are you using CWM Recovery?)

I tried it with CWM Recovery.. but it still doesn't work and now my phone is badword..

Nothing works anymore PLEASE help me..

Guest Diljeet

I tried it with CWM Recovery.. but it still doesn't work and now my phone is badword..

if you are having trouble, than go to ainillia's CM7.2 forum and install a CM7.2 version V2 it works great, and having no problems.

A2sd is broken in it, but you can flash "remove a2sd" patch and use link2sd

Try to reboot the recovery, it work for me.

Guest Muhaimin

install cwm recovery, wipe all, repartition sd card.... flash it...it will work..

Guest alboz83

I have Liquid A1, sd mobile ultra class6, ext4 1024mb, 256mb swap

1) Launcher

Nova Launcher

2) Developer options

Force gpu rendering on

Window and transition animation scale 0,5x

3) Performance:

Processor: SmartassV2, 245-921 mhz

Surface dithering on

Transparency 16bit off

Problems: flicker of the screen and from this evening i get "the process com.android.phone has stopped". I don't know why!!!

post-799506-0-71245800-1350419203_thumb.

post-799506-0-65818100-1350419226_thumb.

post-799506-0-65981200-1350419240_thumb.

post-799506-0-89610400-1350419555_thumb.

Edited by alboz83

Guest zorginho

ok i used the rom for 2 days and that's my experience:

i have a liquid e and the rom is stable and usable, the 3d is really better than gb rom but

* i have some issues with bluetooth

* the animations and the interface is slow

* the deep sleep is working but if i'm under sun light and the screen is off i can see the lockscreen or the launcerscreen in it O_o"

* i noticed a lot of warnings and errors on logcat a lot are permissions related and sometime surface related.

* leds are not perfect but is not too important

here it is a logcat that i recorded in about 30 mins

http://pastebin.com/etmHXQqG

Guest alboz83

Tonight deep sleep did not working, and the battery is go down by 40% (wifi and mobile data off). I looked cpu spy but deep sleep is in unused cpu states, and my minimum frequence is 245mhz (13:32 hour and 82% used).

Edit: Ok my problem with "the process com.android.phone has stopped" maybe depends on synchronization (i have sync of account google, whatsapp and haxsync). When i disable sync i don't have the error. But before i never had this error!! And maybe deep sleep depends on this error

Edited by alboz83

Guest Hansie00

I have a problem..

I'm trying to flash the unoficial salsa.zip but I get this error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "salsa" || getpropt(ro.bE:unknown command [uild.product")]

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-9-20121003-UNOFICIAL-salsa.zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted.

Umount FS in main menu and retry.

I did that 3 times already and it won't work..

What should I do?

It's because you used the wrong CWM. Had the same problem. Use the one posted in first post.

Not al CWM versions allow flashing this rom.

Guest alboz83

After reflash and repartitioned the sd, i haven't error and the rom goes well (apart flicker). But i don't understand how deep sleep works. I'm doing various test changing governor, wifi on or off, disabling sync. Sometimes deep sleep works and sometimes no.

After I flashed the twrp with this and installed the cm9, the camera doesn't work anymore. I went back to the stock froyo rom with adt and it still doesn't works. anyone has an idea?

The camera doesn't work with 3rd part apps and I tried every rom: stock froyo, cm7,2, and miui, but it doesn't work.

No one? :(

I even tried with official eclair,but the camera doesn't want to work. no one has an idea of what happened?

Just confirming, did you wipe everything (cache, dalvik, data, system, sd-ext, finally sdcard) ?

No one? :(

I even tried with official eclair,but the camera doesn't want to work. no one has an idea of what happened?

Just confirming, did you wipe everything (cache, dalvik, data, system, sd-ext, finally sdcard) ?

I wiped everything only after i installed the recovery, before flashing the cm9. after I wiped everything and i flashed 2 different bins, and i used an empty sdcard. but I didn't wipe anything before installing the recovery.

thanks for your reply

Guest titus95

After a total installation and full format of the SD. I have the BT works but not always the first time. It must select it and restart the liquid. For wifi, it always starts correctly, I can leave 10-15 minutes without any problems, but when I use it (play store or browser) is the reboot (loop) within 10 seconds. I thought a battery problem but it's the same with the phone connected. Perhaps a relationship with the wifi power control.

OK I found. For my wifi works I must disable the power management!

Procedure with the terminal:

su

iwconfig eth0 power off

how can I fix it ?

Edited by titus95

Guest philippe75017

hello,

does the microphone work fine with the recorder application on this ROM ?

the CM 7.2 ROMS (and others) have a bug : the microphone input volume is too low and you can record your voice only if you scream !

so, does the same problem occur with this rom ?

thank you.

Edited by philippe75017

Guest Diljeet

hello,

does the microphone work fine with the recorder application on this ROM ?

the CM 7.2 ROMS (and others) have a bug : the microphone input volume is too low and you can record your voice only if you scream !

so, does the same problem occur with this rom ?

thank you.

I checked recording volume and its not to high, but its good, records at normal level, no problem like CM7.2.

No screaming necessary, i don't use it normally because it always records the nearby noise and sounds bad.

I prefer recording on PC with in-built noise reduction sound drivers.

Edited by Diljeet

Guest titus95

OK I found. For my wifi works I must disable the power management!

Procedure with the terminal:

su

iwconfig eth0 power off

how can I fix it ?

some additional informations, _ the manip above requires that the wifi was turned on, if you cut it and back on you must repeat the manipulation.

I think it is the addition https://github.com/thepasto/liquid-chocolate/commit/577f8457ca0a38de81d6294f77defdd5c03a964c wich I have a problem.

Guest philippe75017

I checked recording volume and its not to high, but its good, records at normal level, no problem like CM7.2.

No screaming necessary, i don't use it normally because it always records the nearby noise and sounds bad.

I prefer recording on PC with in-built noise reduction sound drivers.

thanks diljeet

i had the same problem with LRC-F 2.0 until i could reflash the original libs ; so i prefered to ask before flashing, as i use the recoder often.

recording on PC is better but you can't always have your PC in your pocket :)

Hello,

Sometimes, I have a problem with the notification menu. When I roll it, nothing appears (no wifi, BT ... icons and no notifications). Do you have the same thing ?

Thanks for your help

Guest parvata

Hello,

Sometimes, I have a problem with the notification menu. When I roll it, nothing appears (no wifi, BT ... icons and no notifications). Do you have the same thing ?

Thanks for your help

I am using an older kernel and a closer to the previous cm9 release from thepasto. I see the same issue. I think the rendering is really slow.

Edited by parvata