[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest Fussel

I've installed the drivers like you said and that worked but I can't still install the new CWM recovery.

Here is a link to a screenshot of what my terminal says.

http://d.pr/U9vv

Debug Mode on ? and your phone boot in os mode?

Guest Sn0w0nS

Debug Mode on ? and your phone boot in os mode?

Yes,

I did this process before,

debugging mode is on and I am also in OS mode.

I am starting to think that something might be broken.

Thanks for the help you have already gave me.

Edited by Sn0w0nS

Guest yapa73

You can flash recovery.img directly using Acer Download Tool folder where you see fastboot file.

Paste recovery.img in this ADT folder, open CMD and locate in this directory with cd comand. Then give the fastboot comand TO flash recovery.img .

TO do this no need drivers.

TO do this must reboot phone TO bootloader mode.

Excuse me for bad english and no writing exact fastboot comand. I never remenber exact syntax so I write the ease guide on tuttoandroid forum for myself... look for link some post ago , akira's post. And use google translate for yourself please.

In any case, no problem with adb comand for me... using ubuntu... just work perfectly.

I had the same problem with debug, I suspect device shows debug turned on, but it doesn't works, I've installed second cwm recovery in fastboot (guide in italian: http://www.tuttoandr...adt-t11683.html ), then flashed the rom, I have the problem my device isn't recognized by pc and I could't flash malez recovery like second cwm, don't know why. anyway, I suspect most of my problems are for debug with beta 1. Thanks to Thepasto and Yann for help yesterday)
Edit. Fastboot comand id: fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery recovery.img :-) Edited by yapa73

Guest Master_T

I've tried to flash malez like the second cwm, that's all, debug and adb are important for other reasons, I've tried to flash original Froyo bin with acer tools, but process are stopped for (I think) debug problem, my device results connected at start, so, I want to understand what happened, now I have flashed LN1.9.2 with new recovery and I'll keep it until someone find a solution.

My point is that if you go in bootloader mode with QuickBoot and flash Malez (you don't need adb for that, just fastboot.exe) you can then boot into malez (just switch phone on with camera + VolumeDown + Power) and from there adb/debug works, and you can do whatever you want.

Guest manelputrid

Hi all,

Thank you very much devs for this hard work.

I have an Liquid A1 and a question regarding the use o swap memory. I had created a 256MB Swap partition, installed the a2sd script, but I think the phone is not using the swap memory, is there any application that I can use to force the use o swap, or to check if it's being used.

Thank you

Guest Ma7moud

how i flashed another ROM:

1) make sure your phone is charged

2) install the new drivers from this topic

3) start Acer Download Tool, it will reboot the phone to bootloader then says its not connected, don't worry

4) leave Acer Download Tool running and the phone connected and install the old Acer Drivers, ADT will now say its connected and continue the flashing

5) now you have a 2.2 BIN with stock recovery

6) flash malez

7) use malez to flash any rom you want

that is exactly what i did

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest Ma7moud

Hi all,

Thank you very much devs for this hard work.

I have an Liquid A1 and a question regarding the use o swap memory. I had created a 256MB Swap partition, installed the a2sd script, but I think the phone is not using the swap memory, is there any application that I can use to force the use o swap, or to check if it's being used.

Thank you

use "A2SDGUI"

and change the swappiness value to 30 and click on the button next to it

Guest Darei

how i flashed another ROM:

1) make sure your phone is charged

2) install the new drivers from this topic

3) start Acer Download Tool, it will reboot the phone to bootloader then says its not connected, don't worry

4) leave Acer Download Tool running and the phone connected and install the old Acer Drivers, ADT will now say its connected and continue the flashing

5) now you have a 2.2 BIN with stock recovery

6) flash malez

7) use malez to flash any rom you want

that is exactly what i did

please what version of ADT was you used? If i run ADT my phone wont be recognized. I have installed drivers from this thread.

actual driver and ADT version screens are in the attachment

EDIT: I will try acer Download Tool [RD] v1.285 and same result :(

post-858849-0-61574800-1334448310_thumb.

post-858849-0-12848600-1334448317_thumb.

Edited by Darei

Guest Ma7moud

please what version of ADT was you used? If i run ADT my phone wont be recognized. I have installed drivers from this thread.

actual driver and ADT version screens are in the attachment

i have the same version of ADT, but not sure about the drivers because now i'm on the old drivers to use adb with LiquidNext

but i think the phone was called "A1" in device manager, not "Android Composite ADB Interface"

edit: that was before installing the drivers, i think you have the right drivers

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest akira.pwr

My point is that if you go in bootloader mode with QuickBoot and flash Malez (you don't need adb for that, just fastboot.exe) you can then boot into malez (just switch phone on with camera + VolumeDown + Power) and from there adb/debug works, and you can do whatever you want.

Sure, it's what I do, but a debug not working it's a bug and make flash/mod of the device more complicate, now I've LN1.9.2 flashed with cwm and it runs great, no need for Malez reco.

Guest Ma7moud

Sure, it's what I do, but a debug not working it's a bug and make flash/mod of the device more complicate, now I've LN1.9.2 flashed with cwm and it runs great, no need for Malez reco.

i think Thepasto said this before, the difference in partition layout between LiquidNext and CWM may screw things up in some cases.

but i don't know, i'm not an expert on this kind of things tongue.gif

Guest Sany Linux

@Liquid-WAG-Team

You have made a great job so far!

Is it possible to see a VoIP phone service for our Liquid? I missed that feature.

Thanks again for your great effort!

~Sany

Edited by Sany Linux

Guest renzs

Now running with smartassV2 @ 883mhz and so far so good. Have dalvik & a2sd on 1gb ext3 part. YouTube app on HQ is smooth too. Great job WAG team!

~renzs

Edited by renzs

Guest manelputrid

use "A2SDGUI"

and change the swappiness value to 30 and click on the button next to it

Thank you for your reply :). It seems to be working faster now.

Guest skAnkInVr

Great job !

Test on my liquid E since this morning.

No FC, or unknown bug.

I flashed app2sd et use A2sdgui without any problem.

Applications run smooth and without FC.

Edit: Can't add a Facebook account in addressbook. Twitter and google are ok !

Edited by skAnkInVr

Guest MrVanes

My A1 is stuck at the double boot logo. Help? :(

I faithfully installed the a1 patch, after flashing the update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-salsa-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip

I find it very strange that the file I downloaded was called update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-salsa-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip since the name before the link says cm-9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-salsa-Beta2?

Ok, solved. I f*d up by installing beta1's dtapps2sd :(

Redid the install without and now I have a trip through space & time, on a skateboard ;)

Edited by MrVanes

Guest Fussel

Some bugs for me:

-phone freez when click on Flightmode on.

-for me Camera works but freez also.

-stock browser fc sometimes.

-playing music when display off, gets sometimes laggy.

Have some A1 256mb users are same bugs?

But at all this is an amazing rom for our liquid.

Thanks a lot to thepasto and the liquid-wag-team.

Can't wait for patched beta2. :P

Guest Sn0w0nS

am having the feeling that there is a lot of battery drain is there a way to make it less?

Edit: I can now confirm that there is al lot of battery drain.

Edited by Sn0w0nS

Guest MihaelSamara

I have sometimes freeze when i receive call, making call, search contacts, use camera, set volume up.. and other doings.. and also double logo on start and battery drain if wifi is on when i'm not home(away from the access point)..

When i call to mysefl from another phone i hear 5 beeps before the phone starts ringing..

Scrolling is so stupid, before I could move from the beginning to the end of one swipe.. now scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll...

beta2 is very slow on my A1, wait for beta3 with speedup and more stability ) thepasto, thanks for your work!

Edited by MihaelSamara

Guest rocky58

My A1 is stuck at the double boot logo. Help? :(

I faithfully installed the a1 patch, after flashing the update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-salsa-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip

I find it very strange that the file I downloaded was called update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-salsa-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip since the name before the link says cm-9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-salsa-Beta2?

Ok, solved. I f*d up by installing beta1's dtapps2sd :(

Redid the install without and now I have a trip through space & time, on a skateboard ;)

+1

I think dtapps2sd create the problem.... the phone don't boot... installed V6 SuperCharger...

Guest Ma7moud

Scrolling is so stupid, before I could move from the beginning to the end of one swipe.. now scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll...

Google had to slow the scrolling speed and reduce over scrolling because of an Apple patent for kinetic scrolling mad.gif

thats what a read a few months ago

the patent:

Patent number 7,788,605 is for a continuous scrolling list with acceleration. Movement of a point of contact by a user of a touch-sensitive display is determined. In response to the movement, a list of items on the touch-sensitive display is scrolled through. The scroll through is accelerated in response to an accelerated movement of the point of contact. The scroll through and acceleration of the scroll through may be in accordance with a simulation of a physical device having friction. The inventors are Bas Ording, Scott Forstall, Greg Christie, Stephen O. Lemay and Imran Chaudhri.

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest Fussel

I threw my phone against the wall, now it works.

Thanks for your help!

Hahaha xD

Battery drain for me is good. 25% in 9hours.

make some calls and surfing ca 1-2hours via mobile data, write some emails and 6sms.

wifi off, mobile data off most of the time off. But i must also say i restart my phone after charging. ;)

Edited by Fussel

Guest Ma7moud

I threw my phone against the wall, now it works.

Thanks for your help!

lol i almost did that a few times when it rebooted while i was doing something