[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest alboz83

I think that liquid a1 will always need a swap partition, also when it comes out a stabile versione. Well, i need a new sd card because i have a class 2. In your opinion is better Samsung class 10 (MB-MPAGA), or Sandisk Mobile Ultra (SDSDQY-016G-U46A) ?? Thanks

Edited by alboz83

Guest alboz83

The cheapest

Ahah ok thanks. If the two sdcard are more or less equal, i search the cheapest, although i found about the same price

Guest Pepozzo

Hello!

I've some problems installing this Cyanogenmod for my Liquid A1.

This is what i've done:

- Downloaded and installed the "CWM_Recovery_salsa"

- Partioned my MicroSD using Windows' "Mini Tool Partition Wizard", with a Linux Swap of 256MB, a FAT32 partition of 1024MB and the rest is an EXT2 partition.

- Copied the "cm-9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-salsa-Beta2", "cm9_a1_patch" and "app2sd" on the FAT32 partition

- Done a wipe data/factory reset and a wipe cache partition.

- Installed the CM, then without rebooting i've installed the A1 Patch and app2sd

- Rebooted my device, i see only the animation with the droid. Still there since about 30 minutes.

Where am i wrong?

Thx

EDIT: solved, i've done a wipe dalvik cache

Edited by Pepozzo

Guest Pepozzo

After one-day try, i've decided to uninstall this rom.

On my Liquid A1 i've encountered too many freeze and reboot. System is very slow (CPU overclocked at 960 and 998MHz) and many apps crashes (ex.: Browser and Facebook). Keyboard doesn't show when i try to fill a form field on Facebook or on a web page.

And every time i try to reboot, i need to do a wipe dalvik cache to reboot the system with success.

Hope someone can tell me that i've done something wrong, but actually i think this mod is still too much "in progress" for me.

Guest benito91

I have a problem... I'm using this rom since 2 weeks and today my liquid E stopped to have signal and it won't reconnect everything i try (reboot, airplane mode etc etc)... What can i do?

EDIT: Problem solved, i think that i solved it switching to plane mode and then switching back...

Edited by benito91

Guest dappiu

I was a proud user of Liquid Next 1.9.2 (but i had less issue with the 1.9.1).

Upgrading to this ROM (first beta1 then beta2) i noticed a great improvement on compositing, also compared wiht Acer official OS.

But even if this makes navigating the home or preferences menu faster, i still needed a serious training to keep beta2 on the phone using it all day without too much headaches.

The phone reboots by itself frequently and more frequently losts SIM PIN reasking this over and over.

Plus, some troubles with App2SD. Even if going to Applications menu the reported usage of internal storage is very low (about 65MB but i often see this decreasing from a greater (~100-120MB) value as soon as the page shows up), the Play Store started to complain for insufficient disk space for every application i'm trying to install.

I hope for a beta3 release soon.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Davide.

Guest Eagleeye82

I have also decided to uninstall this rom, citing issues with wifi, data or no 3G connection. If there was something I missed setting wise?

However the look and feel of the UI and fluidity of the rom is simply amazing, never did i imagine ICS ever being on this phone. I just wanted to thank all the Devs for their hardwork in keeping the Liquid flowing.

Thanks,

EE

Guest mike557

After flashing CM9, my LiquidE now thinks it is an A1 (shows in settings and when plugged into USB says it is looking for A1).

Mobile internet is not working and camera just flashes a very blurry picture (or blank) and takes a very poor picture.

Also because the phone now thinks it is an A1, I do not have the drivers to be able to reload malez/liquid next.

Any suggestions?

Update -

Copied liquidnext to sdcard and then flashed back (phew).

Phone is back to 'normal' and in settings the Model number says Liquid (not A1).

Now I can access the phone via usb without problems :)

Edited by mike557

Guest yapa73

New beta3 is out!! check first post

Ooooh Thank you my friend, now downloading .... few minutes, and step to the flash;)

You are our only hope, now, to be able to enjoy ICS, on this great smartphone.

Yann

Guest Master_T

Even tho I don't use Cyanogen (can't live without MIUI, sorry :D) I have to post anyway and congratulate ThePasto for his excellent work, as usual. From changelog, it seems that basically almost everything is working. A great achievment indeed!

Out of curiosity: I don't try this rom since the beta1, has battery life improoved? I remember I couldn't get more than 8-10 hours with the first beta ;)

Guest devilishone

Reloaded ICS doesn't work with this build apparently :( but I can certainly live without it :) Rom is working great so far after the patch for beta 3

Guest Op15L

In this new rom when you switch on or off the "air plane mode" the phone crash ?

In my phone with beta 1 was the worst problem..

tnx!

Guest thepasto

Reloaded ICS doesn't work with this build apparently :( but I can certainly live without it :) Rom is working great so far after the patch for beta 3

I think you need to wait for Reloaded ics update.. I compiled on 28may and many things are changed in cm9

In this new rom when you switch on or off the "air plane mode" the phone crash ?

In my phone with beta 1 was the worst problem..

tnx!

i wrote this in changelog:

fix airplane mode So i think the worst problem is now solved :D

Guest paZirezz

sorry guys .. i have a little problem with cm9

- installed CWM (from beta3) with no problem

- entered CWM, and made swap-ext partition

- wiped everything, like in post 2

- flashed "update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Liquid-WAG-Team-salsa-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip" + "dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-1-signed.zip" + "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip" + "cm9b3-softr_fix-signed.zip" without any reboot ...

and after reboot, i only see "Acer" screen .. don't want to boot the OS .. if i remove battery, i can reenter CWM with no problem .. but no boot, or bootscreen .. nothing

am i did something bad?

anybody could help? thx

Edited by paZirezz

Guest devilishone

I think you need to wait for Reloaded ics update.. I compiled on 28may and many things are changed in cm9

Awesome, will wait for their update too :)