[DEV][ROM] MIUI PatchRom

Guest equiliym

Guest equiliym

i've been working on this for a while now but i managed to patch a rom with MiCode so called sources from github.. i still have few FC issues as everyone else does but working on it, asked for help here and there and still waiting for response.. i tried to patch few roms for zte blade since miui is HDPI only (or it was at least) rom so it still needs alot of resizing.. not sure which rom managed to boot since i was making folders like test1 test2 etc but i tried few older nightlys and new ones, i had errors with holo crap that cm7 team integrated from honeycomb/ics in cm7 builds.. also since we dont have stock 2.3.x android i did use cm7 so there are still cm options but not all of them work because of micode patches..

i started resizing launcher today but its not really going fast to i decided to post image from stock miui launcher that i didnt mess with much.. it works pretty well so far, i will be uploading a rom in a day or two i guess, just wanted to make a thread so people would know that there are still some new stuff that can and will be coming for racer :P

i might need some help resizing etc since its really annoying/boring/hard to do everything yourself.. i will also update first post with more info and will reserve second post for any changes i do even if i dont post them so you can keep track and know whats been fixed/removed/replaced etc etc..

you can download alpha1 rom from here

this rom has no gapps for now since they would only be a burden while doing debug process.. more info in second post

you can flash your own gapps pack if you want to use this rom daily

big thanks to the guys at xda guide thread and also people from micode issues board and github that helped

post-840416-0-34231900-1330882949_thumb.

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

alpha1 release - based on cm-7.2.0-rc0-blade-kang rom / vamshi #68 kernel

whats done in this version:

cm7.2.0 full hdpi rom patched with MiCode PatchRom (you can see more here about PatchRom)

fixed all those FC's (thanks to delta for his time)

resized some png files in framework and systemui due to graphical errors/issues

removed some cm7 related apps

replaced some apps with miui ones

edited bootani desc to fit qvga screen

known issues (for now):

contacts fc when opening dialer (this still is on todo list) - can use other dialer apps like ex or dw

everything is huge due to HDPI framework (miui has no mdpi/ldpi support) < fixed

miui rom has no video player (not an issue, fact)

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

ok guys i posted the rom for download.. still has errors here and there, try and post issues, suggestions and whatsoever..

@racerboy sure, ill post later what needs to be done, what i did and what im gonna do, gotta edit first post :P

Guest Racerboy

@racerboy sure, ill post later what needs to be done, what i did and what im gonna do, gotta edit first post :P

all files needed are in the download ? i`ll just use that to work with............

Guest equiliym

all files needed are in the download ? i`ll just use that to work with............

yeah.. youll just need apktool and related files from sdk to decompile and recompile apks and a text editor.. i started resizing launcher today.. and widgets are also hdpi res but they are all in zip files images/xmls so thats somewhat easy

Guest equiliym

ok finally peace and quiet.. widgets are in /system/media/gadget, there are clocks and photo_frame folders with widgets that also need to be resized.. when going from hdpi to ldpi i usually resize pictures to 50% of original size since racer is ldpi qvga device and then just fix x and y in xml files, that shouldnt be a big problem.. if anyone does any resizing, do test and post here so others would know what is edited so people dont resize same thing twice :P i will edit second post to keep people up to date with your helping :)

there are also /system/media/themes/default/icons file with icons that are 90x90.. its really messed up if they are resized and launcher is still unedited.. i resized them to 65x65 for now untill we get launcher dimensions fixed..

for any other apk that needs to be resized, i use apktool to decompile and edit layouts and dimens etc, thats not really for anyone, if you want to try, google apktool tutorial

who wants to help getting this rom to look nice, its more than welcome..

Guest gagan313

HI guys, sorry about my offtopicness but i lost my zte racer back case and wondering if there was anywhere i could buy one online?

Guest sack3

hello how to activate the vibration on the arrow home, back y menuhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif???...

this use thems?????huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

Edited by sack3

Guest zecinikolaz

Great job Equlium!!! :D :D :D , by the way, i am interested is there posibility to make some statusbar tweaks like centered clock, and process of aplyying themes.

Guest equiliym

Great job Equlium!!! :D :D :D , by the way, i am interested is there posibility to make some statusbar tweaks like centered clock, and process of aplyying themes.

actually, there is.. i used to mess around with that a while back, check this thread on how to modify it..

as for themes, i still didnt try any, im working really hard to get this rom all together for daily usage.. i heard somewhere that it needs some libs for themes to work if they dont that was based on armv7 roms, dunno if anyone have it for armv6/2.3.x roms.. if anyone has info about this, do post, ill also check later when i get this rom more usable :)

Guest woden woo

actually, there is.. i used to mess around with that a while back, check this thread on how to modify it..

as for themes, i still didnt try any, im working really hard to get this rom all together for daily usage.. i heard somewhere that it needs some libs for themes to work if they dont that was based on armv7 roms, dunno if anyone have it for armv6/2.3.x roms.. if anyone has info about this, do post, ill also check later when i get this rom more usable :)

Hi ,guys Is rom finish to built??

Guest equiliym

i just explore it ltttle better, and it cant.

this is not a full official miui rom so it has very limited miui stuff in it, its cyanogenmod patched with miui patchrom.. well its pretty miui but not exactly if you understand :P however im trying to get it as much miui as possible with apps and features.. i added some apps and stuff for next release, resized launcher, having some issues with widgets atm but is going well.. i would really like if you guys gave some suggestions related to this rom so i can improve it..

edit: also regarding that latinime keyloger, i included default cm7 keyboard so that shouldnt really be a problem since we use it on all our roms :P

Edited by equiliym

Guest zecinikolaz

i have some exploring, and its posible to put some miui themes, newer, with root explorer on data/system/-here you create folder theme, so you get data/system/theme, regulary aplly from theme apk on desktop, , evrything themed, and lockscreen, but he is not resized, so dont themed him. :D

Guest equiliym

hmm ill give it a try later, i left themes for last, i want to resize common widgets and stuff people use mostly so that it looks nice :P i resized clock widgets but i dont see letters on flipclocks, really annoying..

edit: yeah, themes work :P tho dont try getting a hdpi lockscreen on, might get in trouble unlocking lol

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

you guys arent interested in this, arent you.. 4 downloads, no feedback, no reporting, no help in resizing, no nothing.. well i always wanted a miui rom so i pretty much finished most of it..