Interim ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the HTC One S (+stock download)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi folks!

Until such time as an official ClockworkMod recovery is available, I have created an interim (non official) ClockworkMod Touch release.

INSTALL AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

To use, either flash via fastboot ('fastboot flash recovery r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img') or boot directly ('fastboot boot r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img').

I have also uploaded the stock recovery should you wish to flash it (e.g. for OTA).

Enjoy! :)

• DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 6e3dfe0d22c91dacd77db035da983f6c
  • DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: b107f4b007abdc782bea64d925033f00

P

PS If you find this useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription! Visit this topic for further details. ClockworkMod Touch recovery is the result of Koushik Dutta's hard work - if you wish to support him, consider buying ROM Manager from the Android Market.

Guest ptr_hamilton

The fastboot boot r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img doesn't work on my device. I was able to boot the superboot though. Is there a way to save the original recovery img so I can try to flash you recovery but possible flash back stock recovery?

Thats wat happens:

fastboot boot r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img

downloading 'boot.img'...

OKAY [ 1.092s]

booting...

OKAY [ 0.016s]

finished. total time: 1.108s

Special Splash Screen

Splash Screen without additional text

Phone boots up normally

Edited by ptr_hamilton

Guest ptr_hamilton

I have added the MD5 sum, please check it!

P

That was it :) Stupid me, I could have tried to redownload. Sorry

And thanks for quick reply! Now let's start flashing :D

Pete

Guest lionel7

hi

i've installed the clockwork...and my google music app won't download any of my songs...could it be related ?

thanks

btw: the one s is a great phone :-)

Guest StripLV

Paul,

does this CWM wipe my "sdcard" (internal memory) or is this excluded? On my TF101 I have a CWM that skips to wipe my "sdcard"

This would be really not good everytime i flash a ROM and this need a wipe, I have to copy again my personal files (Videos, Music, Word, Excel, PDF´s, saved apk´s, etc.) back to the internal memory....

Thanks!

Edited by StripLV

Guest gmoneyrox

Error, and yes I'm rooted and unlocked. Anyone?

fastboot flash recovery r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img

error: cannot load 'r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LuckyMethod

Hi Paul, first thank you very much for helping the community so much.

I have a problem: when I try to activate the usb connectivity I get an error that says:

"unable to open ums lunfile"

Do you have any idea how to fix this? I tried to flash both the touch version and the normal "modified" version of ClockWorkMod but without success, it keeps happening.

• 1 month later...
Guest chizuoka

Hi Paul, your CWM does not work on S3 HTC One S devices. It causes us to have red text about a development device on a white HTC background and stays there. Any chance you might be working on one for HTC One S? Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest dmac2007

Hi guys,

I am very new to rooting and need a little advise please. I have rooted my HTC One S, TeamWin recovery (twrp217.img) ...

So to my question... am i able to install new HTC android updates to my phone? I have an update ready to download and install for the HTC One S, and it apparently fixes a known WiFi dropping issue i have.

So when i download this update (via software updates on the device), and it tries to install it, the phone reboots but it seems to boot into the TeamWin recover img, instead of installing the core updates?

I have read that i need to flash the "stock" recovery image first. Is the ville_recovery_signed.img attached to this topic by paul the img i need? Is the "ville" the same as the HTC One S?

When Pauls says: >> I have also uploaded the stock recovery should you wish to flash it (e.g. for OTA).

So, when i flash this stock recovery, can i then proceed to apply the OTA updates? Really appreciate a reply on this, just new to roms and flashing.

Thank a lot.

Darren.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest moazo

Hi, I recently bought a htc one s. being a fan I first unlocked the bootloader. and after I installed the rommenager and super user.

the only problem I can not go into recovery mode every time I get this written :

this build is for development purposes only do not distribute outside htc with out htc write permission failure to comply my lead to legal action .

can you help me thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest mylegiscramped

Hi the following links send me to differnt websites, but never allow me to download the actual fiiles. Anyway you can relink? I primarily need the ville recovery signed. the copy I have doesn't work :/ When I use fastboot flash recovery ville_recovery_signed.img says.

C:\SDK_tools>fastboot flash revocery OneS_recovery_signed.img

sending 'revocery' (9480 KB)... OKAY [  1.707s]

writing 'revocery'... INFOsignature checking...

FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

anyway can you direct me to the correct link for the recovery at least? Thanks.

• DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 6e3dfe0d22c91dacd77db035da983f6c
  • DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: b107f4b007abdc782bea64d925033f00

Guest mylegiscramped

JK, for some reason Opera doesn't like the website the files are at. It's only displays a 5px bar along the top you can click and it makes the whole page white then... Opera fail!!!! Maybe a little picnic too.

• 3 months later...
Guest blackjack13

Hi, I recently bought a htc one s. being a fan I first unlocked the bootloader. and after I installed the rommenager and super user.

the only problem I can not go into recovery mode every time I get this written :

this build is for development purposes only do not distribute outside htc with out htc write permission failure to comply my lead to legal action .

can you help me thanks

probably you have s3 version of one s and you installed recovery for s4. try to find an s3 recovery or stock