Debrand One X

Guest GuyAdams

Guest GuyAdams

Flash the 1.29 RUU (to get the latest FW) then flash your ROM back on

The WWE and Euro RUU's won't flash on a carrier branded device due to the different CID and there is no 1.29 RUU for T-Mobile, infact there is not 1.28 RUU either, as it was an OTA.

Guest EddyOS

I know that, you were asking how to flash the new firmware as you were on 1.26.401.2 originally. If you flash the 1.29.401.7 RUU you'll get the bits you can't flash manually and then can use a new ROM to it's full potential

Guest GuyAdams
I know that, you were asking how to flash the new firmware as you were on 1.26.401.2 originally. If you flash the 1.29.401.7 RUU you'll get the bits you can't flash manually and then can use a new ROM to it's full potential

I wish it were that easy, unfortunately there is no T-Mobile UK 1.28 RUU at the moment, let alone a 1.29!

But still doesn't help with the original debrand question (change CID). It look like we are going to have to wait for S-OFF to do it.

Guest EddyOS

So you're didn't get your handset originally on 1.26.401.2 as you answer Paul on the previous page?

I started on 1.26.401.5 but have since flashed a custom ROM based on the latest 1.29 OTA. There is however still an issue of firmware not being updated by the custom ROMs, like HBOOT etc due to S-ON.

But this says you were on 1.26.401.2 (which is unbranded) so you can just flash the 1.29.401.7 RUU

Guest GuyAdams
So you're didn't get your handset originally on 1.26.401.2 as you answer Paul on the previous page?

But this says you were on 1.26.401.2 (which is unbranded) so you can just flash the 1.29.401.7 RUU

My device came with 1.26.401.5 but I flashed a custom ROM pretty much straight away thinking there would be a T-MO RUU available but the only one I can find is 1.26.401.2 which will work with my T-MO One X but doesn't OTA update, so I can't get the 1.28 OTA.

Guest EddyOS

Right, so you have an unbranded handset. If it was a T-Mobile branded one you would've been on x.xx.110.x out the box

So you can flash the 1.29.401.7 RUU without issues

Guest GuyAdams

Right, so you have an unbranded handset. If it was a T-Mobile branded one you would've been on x.xx.110.x out the box

So you can flash the 1.29.401.7 RUU without issues

Apologies, I have got the numbers missed up, what I meant was 1.26.110.2.

What I need is either 1.26.110.5 or 1.28.110.9 or 1.29.110.7, although I think the later is dreaming a little ;)

Sorry again for the mix up.

• 3 months later...
Guest psthomas

Hi Gavin, I'm trying to do exactly the same with my Voda One X, can you give me a step by step as to what you did as I am fairly new as this?

• 4 weeks later...