[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

If SKatie and AtomicMod could have a baby, this would be it.

Feature wise this ROM does most of what AtomicMod and SKatie can do, but it has full Dolby audio. And when I say full Dolby audio I mean it has all the options there that the stock Skate/OMC ROM does, which is more than other ROM's such as LogicMod.

So to be clear, this ROM looks identical to AtomicMod but AtoimcMod uses a fair bit of the Android 2.3.4 source which I've fully upgraded to 2.3.5. This is why I couldn't release a Dolby Audio patch for AtomicMod. It's not a simple copy and paste of some files, I've literally spent days porting both code and the AtomicMod theme.

Screenshots:

post-954400-0-39052500-1333817241_thumb. post-954400-0-00178200-1333817420_thumb. post-954400-0-18506900-1333817264_thumb.

• Tillaz for creating an ICS type theme and giving me some Dolby audio suggestions.
  • C3C0 for helping me a little with Dolby audio and providing me with his Ceco S2 kernel.
  • Everyone who contributes to android and shares code. There's too many to name but you know who you are.

Notes:

• BBC iPlayer works with this ROM.
    • Optimization's from both SKatie and AtomicMod have been applied.
    • This ROM can fit on a 150MB system partition with 2MB cache. I've only just squeezed everything in!
    • To access Dolby settings press the options button in either the video player or the music player.
    • Some things from AtomicMod have been removed and some things added e.g. Superuser.

Changelog:

[*]v1.0 - Initial release

[*]v1.1 - Stopped the camera from force closing when being used by other applications e.g. Instagram

[*]v1.2 - Fixed a bug that would cause the video player to force close when toggling Dolby

[*]v1.3 - Removed some orange text found on lock screen and within a settings menu

[*]v1.3 - Improved Ad-Hoc support (Sourced from AtomicMod so thanks go to Tillaz)

[*]v1.3 - Updated the hosts file, Play Store, GO Launcher EX and Link2SD

[*]v1.3 - Fixed some text strings

[*]v1.3 - Removed Google Maps / Street, car mode and the news and weather app

[*]v1.3 - Replaced the stopwatch with the stock stopwatch

[*]v1.3 - Changed some permissions which make it easier to add a custom boot animation and edit the WiFi settings

[*]v1.4 - Improved the WiFi reconnection time

[*]v1.4 - Improved video recording quality

[*]v1.4 - Added power control settings

[*]v1.4 - Updated Link2SD and the file manager

[*]v1.4 - Re-added the news and weather application

[*]v1.4 - Fixed some other minor bugs and optimized the ROM

[*]v1.5 - Removed the "power controls" app as I found out it has been modified and is not free

[*]v1.5 - Updated Play Store and Link2SD

Download:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/VOFkylEuY/AtomICS_v1.5.zip.html

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kdfd8a

Addons:

Car mode (Requires maps and street from the Play Store)

Camera with focus and take picture mapped to the volume controls

Right to left support (Arabic, Hebrew etc.)

Edited by H3ROS

@ jikobutsu

Same here, being an audio geek :D

Makes all the difference when listening to music or watching films,and also makes ringtones and notifications more loud.

Edit: sorry about that,it appears I stole your reserved slot.

Edited by Guest

Guest H3ROS

ICS transitions aren't possible from what I've heard. Tillaz's theme is ICS'ish, but isn't a full on ICS theme. I'll look into it a little more, but I think ICS transitions only work on CM7 simply because of the theme engine.

@ jikobutsu

Don't worry about it. Looks fine in the first post anyway :)

The volume difference is huge, instantly noticeable.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

@ C3C0

@ Others

Here's a little story about how I come up with the name of this ROM, for those who are interested.

Tillaz had named his AtomicMod, so I couldn't use "Atomic Mod" as in a modification of the Atomic ROM. So with a little bit of thinking I remembered that atomic is relating to an atom or atoms, and the theme is ICS'ish so AtomICS says both ICS and atomic :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

I'm not sure what I'll do if I need to update this at all as it's going to be extremely hard to keep it working on 150MB system partitions. Theres little to no room left, as you'll see if you enter the "df" command into a terminal.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

ICS transitions aren't possible from what I've heard. Tillaz's theme is ICS'ish, but isn't a full on ICS theme. I'll look into it a little more, but I think ICS transitions only work on CM7 simply because of the theme engine.

@ jikobutsu

Don't worry about it. Looks fine in the first post anyway :)

The volume difference is huge, instantly noticeable.

Atomic and logic have ice transitions I ported them over a while ago, just not the rotation Animation witch I think is surfaceflinger.so

Guest H3ROS

I thought that was his question, them rotation animation's that I remember seeing in Ice Armor.

I just found a bug with the stock equalizer where it will fail to load it's library. That's slipped through because I never use it, especially now that Dolby works. I'll release a patch soon.

Update:

Turns out it's not a problem :)

Edited by H3ROS

The stock music player works for me,and the Dolby settings. When you say fail to load library,do you mean as in load up the songs library ? Because it does take a long time on stock music. Battery seems good,from fully charged battery,I installed rom,installed all my apps,setup how I like,done about a thousand F5's on AOKP topic.....used 17% battery. Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Edited by Guest

Guest H3ROS

@ jikobutsu

Weird. I got an error at first and now it's not there after I've formatted again. I'll have to try to reproduce it by installing PlayerPro again.

You can thank C3C0 for the battery as that'll be from his kernel I think ;)

@ PejotA

I once had a FC during boot and then I didn't ever get it again. I thought nothing of it though because at that stage the ROM was still very incomplete.

If you get it again could you generate a logcat?

Edited by H3ROS

@H3ROS, For a first release,this is very good,no problems yet,but I will test it and let you know any findings...Its a bit hard to notice any bugs when you have Dolby sound abusing your ears.lol

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Guest PejotA

@ jikobutsu

Weird. I got an error at first and now it's not there after I've formatted again. I'll have to try to reproduce it my installing PlayerPro again.

You can thank C3C0 for the battery as that'll be from his kernel I think ;)

@ PejotA

I once had a FC during boot and then I didn't ever get it again. I thought nothing of it though because at that stage the ROM was still very incomplete.

If you get it again could you generate a logcat?

H3RO My friend as I said just a small startup in FC... for sure if the bug again I still send a logcat sure.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest H3ROS

Sound is better than all of other ROM's, but the 2 way call recording doesn't work on my Skate..

Works for me. Press the menu button when in a call and then press record. The file will be saved to the root of your memory card :)

@ jikobutsu

Indeed it is. While debugging things I was always tempted to play some music just to make sure it was still working every now and then :D

I've found that with PlayerPro installed the EQ will stop working until I reboot. It's not a major issue, but I'm going to look into it.

@ PejotA

Hopefully it's just a one off, but thanks all the same for mentioning it :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest siddis

Works for me. Press the menu button when in a call and then press record. The file will be saved to the root of your memory card :)

Thx, i'll try, but i like better Skvalex, with mp3 or wav formats..

Very well done!!!

Will try this one over the Tillaz great Atomic rom and will decide later which one I will keep. But this one look very promising.

I tried logic mod but didn't like the sound.

Although louder the join of sound streams is really bad (not a criticism to the rom, which is great) but I didn't like the stoping of one stream with clicks to the new one and back.

I'll take a look into this one and see how it sounds.

Great work all you guys. Without you I probably had sold my skate and bought a much more expensive one!!!

You all rulle!!!!

Thanks.

Guest H3ROS

Okay an update on the previous issue I mentioned. It's not a problem because it only happens with PlayerPro and other media players such as Winamp and Meridian work perfectly :)

Guest TouchyAndalou

Brilliant ROM, however when I try to use the Dolby on/off switch when watching a video in either the stock video app or the Sky Sports football SC app, I get a force close. This is the same problem as with LogicMod.

Guest H3ROS

I've released version 1.1 :) It fixes a bug in the camera which would cause it to force close when being used by other applications e.g. Instagram.

The first post contains both a full new ROM and a small patch for existing users.

@ TouchyAndalou

I'll fix that soon. I think I know exactly whats causing it.

Update:

Okay, try this: http://www.fileswap....e_v1.2.zip.html

Sky Sports will continue to crash, but the stock video player should be working now. I'll fix Sky Sports soon too.

Edited by H3ROS