[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

The screen having pink bits sounds like a hardware fault, as suggested by the others.

@ Coffer52

Well for starters the next update fixes a WiFi bug I've tracked down which effects only some devices. It will also include updated APK's and I may include the modified camera and re-add the news and weather app as it's something I never intended to remove.

I'm looking into theme modifications, but I'm not that good with that area of ROM development. I just don't have the patience to blindly modify images and text and then flash and repeat to see how things look. It takes a lot of time and that's something I don't have unfortunately.

Guest Coffer52

The screen having pink bits sounds like a hardware fault, as suggested by the others.

@ Coffer52

Well for starters the next update fixes a WiFi bug I've tracked down which effects only some devices. It will also include updated APK's and I may include the modified camera and re-add the news and weather app as it's something I never intended to remove.

I'm looking into theme modifications, but I'm not that good with that area of ROM development. I just don't have the patience to blindly modify images and text and then flash and repeat to see how things look. It takes a lot of time and that's something I don't have unfortunately.

Sounds great mate, I use the Go launcher and there are plenty of themes for that so I'm happy in that area.

Guest H3ROS

It's mainly the menus and such that I'm targeting as I want to differentiate the ROM from AtomicMod a little. Especially since the next version of AtomicMod will be near identical to my ROM but with a different theme and a few different applications.

Having the name AtomICS you'd expect an ICS theme, and it could be any colour as long as it looks like ICS. I just don't know if Tillaz would be kind enough to let me take parts of his new theme and modify its colour or something. Otherwise I may end up having to ask some friends of mine who are great with photoshop and are web developers to create me an ICS theme, which will end up looking similar to Tillaz's anyway.

Guest tillaz

Especially since the next version of AtomicMod will be near identical to my ROM but with a different theme and a few different applications.

lol identical to your ROM... but that would because your rom is currently identical to the original AtomicMod apart from Dolby rolleyes.gif

anyway my next version of AtomicMod is way different in looks, performance and features compared to the original R13...

iv added loads of new mods and stuff... looks and feels like a total new ROM

Guest H3ROS

I don't agree with that, and heres why:

* Android 2.3.5

* Dolby Audio

* The tweaks applied (from C3C0, yourself and XDA)

* The kernel (from C3C0)

* The media player

* The camera

* The stopwatch

* The gallery (tip from C3C0)

* The launcher

* The installation script

* The overclocking tool

* The root method (superuser)

* The overall ROM size

All of it's different and was done by me. That's a lot of work too, which I had finished before I ever applied the Atomic theme originally, which I had asked you to use, but after 3 days you didn't reply. It was then that I decided to use it anyway since you was at one time open to people using your themes (as shown here and here).

I think it was just the dialer and miui file manager I taken from AtomicMod. Originally I was using the dialer which wasn't themed and ES File Explorer, but when I decided to use the theme you'd shared I also used the same mods to complete the appearance.

What I said about AtomicMod is based on my opinion, which may or may not be wrong, it's yet to be seen. But honestly I think if you was to remove the theme and some applications from R14 then it's basically be AtomICS.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

I like the blue! If that was the same for the status bar icons and time it'd be pretty attractive.

The lockscreen sliding tab is something I've always been picky about, and is one of the reasons I tend to go for the ICS themes as they're transparent and look pretty sweet. I guess it's one of them things where you can't please everyone though :P

Guest tillaz

the theme and some applications from R14 then it's basically be AtomICS.

now that is silly... AtomicMod had everything apart from Dolby & screenshot function before any other custom rom on here

so what your saying there is that the currant version of AtomicMod (R13) has not got, and had everything your ROM has,way before you released it apart from dolby???

not to mention R14 is a newer version of 2.3.5 than your rom

i just don't get how you can say that? when all features where in included in atomicmod before any other rom on here

(apart from Dolby & screenshot)

also alot of the stuff you ask for help with, via PM

only thing AtomICS had before atomicmod mod was Dolby lol...

just sounds like your saying im copying your Rom... when i done all this way before you even released it

swipe off notifications

bravia engine

all init.d scripts

reboot & recovery

ported status bar widgets

rom settings

cpu settings

and lots more...

don't want to sound like i'm trying to argue about it but AtomicMod done all this stuff first on the skate way before AtomICS was even released...

I like the blue! If that was the same for the status bar icons and time it'd be pretty attractive.

The lockscreen sliding tab is something I've always been picky about, and is one of the reasons I tend to go for the ICS themes as they're transparent and look pretty sweet. I guess it's one of them things where you can't please everyone though :P

I will have a go at statusbar tonight when I am at desktop,will need to decompile systemui to change the clock,etc.May do a little UOT for the rest.

Guest H3ROS

@ tillaz

It was me that created some of them features for AtomicMod, although you didn't use them all. But I still had the code and had still created them myself as you know. And I'd done that for Android 2.3.4/2.3.5 as AtomicMod was a mixed source ROM. Since then, however, I've had to take a relatively stock 2.3.5 ROM and create all of the modifications again. And while you could say I could of sourced from AtomicMod for them, which I did for some things, they're all openly available on XDA too. A quick example, notice in jikobutsu's screenshot that the reboot and recovery menu is different to AtomicMod's? That's because that's based off C3C0's code.

I asked you some stuff via PM's, like for example the Dolby stuff and that pointed me in the right direction for toggling the settings option, but to actually get full Dolby audio working I had to go all the way back to the stock ROM because it wasn't fully ported and many things were missing in LogicMod. And I could say that in a way we're even here since I gave you some stuff to help with AtomicMod which saved you a bit of time with one or two features. Plus I told you how to fix the ROM options menu so that it's HDPI, deodex a ROM (the one R14 uses) and I'd gave you partial Dolby Audio support before I created this ROM. That was my original goal, to add Dolby Audio to AtomicMod, but as I'd told you that in it's current state it wouldn't be possible so I had to basically create a whole new ROM to make it work, but by the end of it I'd put that much work into it that it wasn't any longer your ROM as much as it was my own.

2.3.4 to 2.3.5 required a lot of code changes, as you should know now. The difference between AtomicMod R13 and R14 will be huge, but between AtomICS and R14 it's going to be small.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

@ tillaz

Plus I told you how to deodex a ROM (the one R14 uses)

2.3.4 to 2.3.5 required a lot of code changes, as you should know now. The difference between AtomicMod R13 and R14 will be huge, but between AtomICS and R14 it's going to be very similar.

to be fair you didn't teach me how to deodex a rom lol, i just had trouble using the BOOTCLASSPATH and that was just because the OmaDrmclient.jar was not included in the rom i was trying to deodex... once i figged this out it worked, how else would my roms be deodexed from 6 month ago lol

you just showed me how to do it via command prompt (something i try to avoid blink.gif)

also i think you have asked for help with a little more that just Dolby... lol

ok, so lets just say nether are the same as each other to save this thread going off track, since i don't really care..

R14 is tottaly different to any rom on here anyway wink.gif

I can show you how to avoid using omadrmclient jar and other DRM specific libs and still have full dolby :)

Edited by C3C0

Guest H3ROS

@ Tillaz

My point is I helped you because to deodex a ROM fully it's easiest done via command line, and this is what you said about that:

im a noob with cmd and command prompts and stuff... i just use pre made scripts that do the command prompts for you lol

So I pointed you in the right direction and wrote out a series of commands which aren't all documented.

The only other thing I've asked about is compiling new ICS applications, which you gave me a guide to in return for me giving you the guide to deodexing via command line.

I will be updating this ROM's theme, but to what is yet to be seen. If it's ICS then I'd rather have your blessing and work with you to have your theme added (even if it's in a different colour) then to have to create an ICS theme which will work against you and no doubt bother you since it will then be blue and black.

@ C3C0

Theres a catch to doing it that way, isn't there? I'd still be interested to know how it's done, but am I right in thinking that you then can't access the Dolby audio profiles from the audio or video player?

Feel free to PM me :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

@ Tillaz

My point is I helped you because to deodex a ROM fully it's easiest done via command line, and this is what you said about that:

So I pointed you in the right direction and wrote out a series of commands which aren't all documented.

The only other thing I've asked about is compiling new ICS applications, which you gave me a guide to in return for me giving you the guide to deodexing via command line.

I will be updating this ROM's theme, but to what is yet to be seen. If it's ICS then I'd rather have your blessing and work with you to have your theme added (even if it's in a different colour) then to have to create an ICS theme which will work against you and no doubt bother you since it will then be blue and black.

@ C3C0

Theres a catch to doing it that way, isn't there? I'd still be interested to know how it's done, but am I right in thinking that you then can't access the Dolby audio profiles from the audio or video player?

Feel free to PM me :)

yep, i'm a noob with command line.. thats why i use AutodeodexTool http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1103683

i never done it via command prompt, i would take to long, so i used the above... i just added the missing .jar and used the custombootclasspath i got from init.rc

Guest jtharmor

1)No Power Control widget like Atomic

2)Music App old one not like Atomic

3)Camera App old one not like Atomic

Can these be included in the ROM. I would prefer R14 of atomic against this.............

Edited by jtharmor

Guest H3ROS

@ tillaz

Odd, because your screenshots show you using Windows command line. It doesn't matter anyway, my point remains the same. I gave you working commands to do the job in the end.

@ jthamor

I can't remember what the power control widget looks like, but I can tell you that I can't change the music player because that's the easy way to enable/disable dolby and access the audio profiles. The new music app can't do that. As for the camera I think it can be downloaded from the market, but I can't remember it's exact name.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

@ tillaz

Odd, because your screenshots show you using Windows command line. It doesn't matter anyway, my point remains the same. I gave you working commands to do the job in the end.

yeah, because i obviously was trying them at first.. but once i realised why it was not working (missing .jar file) i done it with that tool from xda...

main reason i used AutodeodexTool is because all you have to do is enter the bootclasspath then press enter and it deodexes the whole lot in one go... same with the whole app folder... the way you showed me was doing them one by one... i would be on for ever lol

the thing that go it working was the custombootclass path and the missing .jar file

(that's why i had already deodexed half the rom when i asked you for some tips, if you remember in the screenshots)

EDIT: im not trying to say you never helped because you did.. it lead to me finding the problem, just i don't do it the way you showed me.. if i had no other choice than comand line i would not of bothered

(that's how much i hate using it lol)

@H3ROS

I found out how to hack music player to remove DRM so you can still use the one with dolby menu built in but without DRM. I will get back to it later via PM if there's more time.

Or you can investigate yourself by looking at Dolby.apk in skatie since it's basically modified dolby music player. In skatie I decided to link dolby settings under skatie settings menu because this eliminates problems with WRITE_SETTINGS permission when using non-stock players. And it also allows me to completely replace stock music player by other one (via kitchen) being able to still use dolby equaluzer with it...

Edited by C3C0

Guest TouchyAndalou
As for the camera I think it can be downloaded from the market, but I can't remember it's exact name.

It's called LG camera, but I don't think much of it tbh. It looks ugly and has a lot of options that don't seem to make a difference on our phone.

Guest felystar

Doea anyone have deep sleep problems with the ROM??? I do. I think its because an app or something because it doesnt happens always and just when I have the phone unlocked in the night??!

Guest TouchyAndalou
Doea anyone have deep sleep problems with the ROM??? I do. I think its because an app or something because it doesnt happens always and just when I have the phone unlocked in the night??!

No problems here, CPU Spy shows that it's in deep sleep most of the time. Sounds like you have a rouge app.

Guest Redstarr1

No deep sleep problems here. I lose maybe 1% overnight (but I turn off my internet connections, the battery would probably lose more power if you leave wifi or 3G on). Probably an app that keeps draining. Suggest you use a task killer or app monitor to see what's running.