[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

how do i download the R4A build? wtf is google drive? and how i download the new build?

You click those download links like every other build. ;)

Guest NinjehKitteh

On the TPT's, how do I install it? I couldn't do it via CWM because it said 'Installation Aborted' and on the settings I can no longer find Update Via SD :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

On the TPT's, how do I install it? I couldn't do it via CWM because it said 'Installation Aborted' and on the settings I can no longer find Update Via SD :/

-Ninjeh.

You put the TPT at image/image.bin on your SD card and reboot the phone holding vol+ and menu, I think...

Guest NinjehKitteh

You put the TPT at image/image.bin on your SD card and reboot the phone holding vol+ and menu, I think...

Image? So a folder called image? I formatted it so there's no folders right now.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Image? So a folder called image? I formatted it so there's no folders right now.

-Ninjeh.

Yeah, a file called image.bin in a folder called image.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I extracted the folder and file from the .zip and held Power and Vol+ and it just booted into ICS like normal.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I extracted the folder and file from the .zip and held Power and Vol+ and it just booted into ICS like normal.

-Ninjeh.

vol+ and menu.

Guest domenico lamberti

its actually vol+ and home, amphoras said menu because he made it for the blade which had menu in the middle, so try vol+ and home until the text comes up on the screen, then when it reboots a second or 2 later, hold vol- until it boots into CWM 5

Guest Dazzozo

its actually vol+ and home, amphoras said menu because he made it for the blade which had menu in the middle, so try vol+ and home until the text comes up on the screen, then when it reboots a second or 2 later, hold vol- until it boots into CWM 5

I have no idea what it is. Never used a TPT.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Guessing I'm gonna need the home button fix installed first?

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

No, as this is outside of the OS.

Nothing happens when power is off and I press either of the 2 conbinations. It doesn't work even if I press just after I press the power button :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Nothing happens when power is off and I press either of the 2 conbinations. It doesn't work even if I press just after I press the power button :/

-Ninjeh.

Well, that's the combination that works for people. I can't say a lot more as I haven't TPT'd myself.

Guest domenico lamberti

how odd, i really thought that worked for vivacity users, you know you could always just use the TPT helper app on the market

Guest NinjehKitteh

Fastbooting is not working either :/

Following this method I get this from the command prompt:

'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Fastbooting is not working either :/

Following this method I get this from the command prompt:

'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

-Ninjeh.

ADB is configured incorrectly then, or not installed at all.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

ADB is configured incorrectly then, or not installed at all.

It is installed and works fine with all other adb commands, but is there something special I need to download?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

It is installed and works fine with all other adb commands, but is there something special I need to download?

-Ninjeh.

If it's installed, fastboot will be in the same directory as adb and therefore will be found. You need platform tools in the SDK.

Guest Titas

TPT Instructions:

After downloading, check the md5sum.

Unzip the file to the root of your sdcard. You should end up with a folder called "image" on the root of your sdcard with a image.bin file and a nandroid.md5 file inside it.

Check the md5sum of the image.bin file matches the one written in the nandroid.md5 file.

Turn your phone off and take the battery out.

Put the battery back in and power on holding the vol+ and menu buttons (probably, if this doesn't work then you can use the system update option from the settings menu in your rom).

You should see green text appear on the screen, then once its finished you should boot into Clockwork recovery.

Flash your chosen rom and reboot

It's a while since I used this but it worked fine - my recollection is that I used Power on & vol+ ..........

Edited by Titas

Guest NinjehKitteh

I have platform tools, and when I look in C:\Program Files\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\ there is fastboot.exe :/

-Ninjeh.