[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

CM9 doesn't have spare parts so I can't check, I have no clue what's destroying my battery. I always turn my 3G off if I'm not using it, thanks for the help.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Well there are a few other apps which could show you what's keeping your phone awake with the screen off, someone mentioned Android System Information and I found it to be quite good. Or you could have a look through the market. It's usually Google apps which eat your battery. Especially Maps, which I don't have specifically cuz it's too hard to keep under control.

Do you face the lines in videos chopping the screen into blocks btw? I'll post a pic later to show what I mean exactly, screenshots come up black if I try to capture while a video is playing.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'll download it now. I've just reinstalled Maps earlier today so that may be the problem although I was having similar battery issues before installing it.

I'll check the video issue, time to dig out where my old gig videos are on my SD! I'll report back in a second.edit- No problems with my videos, just tried 4 of them and had no issues.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest AmbushReality

I'll download it now. I've just reinstalled Maps earlier today so that may be the problem although I was having similar battery issues before installing it.

I'll check the video issue, time to dig out where my old gig videos are on my SD! I'll report back in a second.edit- No problems with my videos, just tried 4 of them and had no issues.

Im guessing Either enter Shikari Gigs or some other awesome band ;-)

Guest Dazzozo

Get a room guys. :P

Maybe a build tonight, not sure, migrating my setup and I might even be able to organise our own automated nightly system.

I've recently invested in a machine for a group I run with an i5 4x 2.66 (though it seems to be 2.8) GHz and 16GB RAM. It's pretty tasty for building CM9.

Edit: Donations appreciated! :P

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest AmbushReality

Get a room guys. :P

Maybe a build tonight, not sure, migrating my setup and I might even be able to organise our own automated nightly system.

I've recently invested in a machine for a group I run with an i5 4x 2.66 (though it seems to be 2.8) GHz and 16GB RAM. It's pretty tasty for building CM9.

Edit: Donations appreciated! :P

Believe me man, If i had cash, Id Donate

Guest Bouncer5

I'll donate you a P4 2.6 2GB Ram for builds. Ahah!

How long do your builds take anyway?

Perhaps its time to submit it to CM9?

Thier builds take a nice 18 Mins (Fastest i;ve seen)

Guest Dazzozo

I'll donate you a P4 2.6 2GB Ram for builds. Ahah!

How long do your builds take anyway?

Perhaps its time to submit it to CM9?

Thier builds take a nice 18 Mins (Fastest i;ve seen)

I wasn't timing but I will for the next one, I was mostly stunned that it wasn't taking 3 hours. :P

We still have a to-do list before we become officially merged in CM9.

Guest MadEye Moody

CM9 doesn't have spare parts so I can't check, I have no clue what's destroying my battery. I always turn my 3G off if I'm not using it, thanks for the help.

You can try better battery status

I had this problem with the facebook app. Their service was eating away my battery, the phone was getting hot as well. I've uninstalled it and now I get around a whole day of battery (approx 24hrs) with 2g and wifi(wifi disabled on phone sleep).

Guest Dazzozo

No update tonight guys - something's been changed upstream in CM9 that is causing insane UI lag.

I'll see if I can figure out what commit it is and revert it in my working directory.

Guest fr0do

You need to give the battery stats a couple of days and a few reboots to get reliable readings .... in case you didn't know that ;)

Nightlies?!?

This build is HOT! ! :D

Edited by fr0do

Guest welshrage

what exactly are nightlies? they were available for my samsung i5500 running cm7 but i never downloaded em as i didnt know what they were

Guest MadEye Moody

Cutting edge builds with that days improvements added. Not tested much. Kinda latest and greatest with risks.

Not cutting, even calling it bleeding would be a bit too much

Nightly builds are automated builds (which in most cases are build at 00:00). The "Continuous Integration System" gets the current source code, applies some test cases. If all tests are passed, the code is compiled and given (uploaded) for human testing. All this is done by the machine without any human interaction

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'm thinking of using TPT Helper from the Play Store to change my partitions, just wondering if it's safe and can a normal CM9 back up take me back to stock partition?

Just thought I'd ask here instead of creating a new thread aha, thanks.

Guest Dazzozo

I'm thinking of using TPT Helper from the Play Store to change my partitions, just wondering if it's safe and can a normal CM9 back up take me back to stock partition?

Just thought I'd ask here instead of creating a new thread aha, thanks.

Backups won't restore partition sizes. You will have to re-TPT. They're literally a dump of the partition contents and not their sizes. If your partitions are too small for restoring a backup in the future, it will fail.

Guest Dazzozo

Are they worth playing around with or am I best of just avoiding it completely?

Thanks for the reply

There doesn't seem to be as much benefit with the Crescent as there was with the Blade. I'm on stock partition sizes with my Dalvik cache on the SD card, and I never encounter app storage problems.

I would only really use them if you're having problems with /system to be honest.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'll avoid it then, thank you. One last question before I disappear, is the Crescent a LDPI, MDPI or HDPI device? I'm guessing it's LDPI but I want to double check before I flash themes etc

Thanks