[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I'll avoid it then, thank you. One last question before I disappear, is the Crescent a LDPI, MDPI or HDPI device? I'm guessing it's LDPI but I want to double check before I flash themes etc

Thanks

HDPI. LDPI is tiny. :P

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

My stupidity has got to be the most entertaining thing on the internet!

Thanks again, I'll be flashing back to CM9 some day in the future, you haven't seen the last of me!

Guest dodgetimmy

Are they worth playing around with or am I best of just avoiding it completely?

Thanks for the reply

If you haven't already, use CWM recovery to partition your SD to have an sd-ext partition. (I use 512mb)

Then install Darktremor A2SD Gui, either by using CWM as described in the OP or later from the market, by default it will spread your installed apps between internal memory and the sd card partition.

---

Any idea whats going on with the front camera?

Also, would it be wise to add to the OP:

Working: Rear Camera

Not Working: Front Camera

Based on current release? I think its a bit confusing for people having to look through the thread to see if both cameras are working yet.

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest NinjehKitteh

Any idea whats going on with the front camera?

I know you haven't asked for one, but in case you don't already know, don't ask for ETA's :P

Just thought I'd let you know :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest RedZombie

As usual, fine work :) some of the conversation is getting a bit outside of my technical understanding but I know that this is now a reliable and functional ROM and just continues to get better.

Just a quick note: seems to constantly come up with 'Encountered an error' when trying to use cloud based document editor on GDrive. Not sure if its a ROM thing or if its something to do with Google suspending my G+ profile as they don't think my real name is a real name! Any clues dudes?

Guest BLu3HaZe

OT - @Red - Real name not a real name issue, email them and offer proof of ID, if they haven't already requested. I had to do that with my facebook.

If your account is suspended, then probably that is why GDrive can't access services? Do others work?

Guest sispeer

great rom but 1 issue

every time i turn it off it gets stuck in a boot loop ie cyanogen mod logo

any ideas

i cant even nandroid backup as it still the same

Guest zorbon

I flash this ROM before three days, but with this ROM I can not play HQ videos in Youtube app, because video image have frame rate between 1 and 4 frames per second. For example with Fish and Chips it is good.

Thanks for any ideas.

Guest domenico lamberti

I flash this ROM before three days, but with this ROM I can not play HQ videos in Youtube app, because video image have frame rate between 1 and 4 frames per second. For example with Fish and Chips it is good.

Thanks for any ideas.

it is a well known fact that HQ video's do not work yet, its an issue with codecs not being supported, there is nothing we can do about it,use LQ for now or go back to fish n chips until the issue is resolved :)

Guest zorbon

Thanks for any ideas.

Thanks. And how long you think it might take? Weeks, months, half year ...? or more

Guest domenico lamberti

Thanks. And how long you think it might take? Weeks, months, half year ...? or more

im not the developer i dont know, and that is breaking the only rule of CyanogenMod ,the rule is "DON'T ASK FOR ETA'S" ,so i have no idea, maybe Dazozzo can hack his way around it,but until those codecs are open sourced we may never have HQ playback

Guest Wullie C

im not sure if this will be relevant to the rom, but does any of you's use the lovefilm app and if so does it work?

Edited by Wullie C

Guest MadEye Moody

Hi,

I faced a problem when sending long messages (>160 chars). The message sending was failing and 1st part of the message was getting delivered. When I tried again, 1st and second part got sent, but 3rd was not and it reported message sending failed.

Is the messages being sent in thread? If so is there an option to do it sequentially and introduce a small delay (like 1 or 2 seconds) in between sending the parts?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hi,

I faced a problem when sending long messages (>160 chars). The message sending was failing and 1st part of the message was getting delivered. When I tried again, 1st and second part got sent, but 3rd was not and it reported message sending failed.

Is the messages being sent in thread? If so is there an option to do it sequentially and introduce a small delay (like 1 or 2 seconds) in between sending the parts?

I'm guessing that would be a CyanogenMod problem which you could report to them ;)

Guest Dazzozo

If any links have been broken to the crescent.thebronasium.com mirror, they are now fixed. I was doing a huge transfer to my new server. Everything is in the same place on the new one.

Guest reedo_17

Thanks for this rom it is very good! Also does the build prop for the samsung galaxy ace have better app compatibility than the one on this rom?

Guest Dazzozo

The build.prop is appropriate for the phone, you can't just go around stealing them from other devices. App compatibility is better than it was, and there are still improvements to be made.

Guest reedo_17

The build.prop is appropriate for the phone, you can't just go around stealing them from other devices. App compatibility is better than it was, and there are still improvements to be made.

Ok thanks for the reply :)

Guest zorbon

I'm guessing that would be a CyanogenMod problem which you could report to them ;)

Is a CM9 on this link (from 17/05) newest "stable" or better release then here exposed (from 11/05)?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Is a CM9 on this link (from 17/05) newest "stable" or better release then here exposed (from 11/05)?

Not sure what you mean but Daz will probably come out with a release soon which might fix problems you're having at the moment, it might not, that's the nature of a work in progress ;)

Guest dodgetimmy

Dazzozo, any chance of this:

Would it be wise to add to the OP:

Working: Rear Camera

Not Working: Front Camera

Based on current release? I think its a bit confusing for people having to look through the thread to see if both cameras are working yet.

Guest Dazzozo

I'm kind of holding off on releasing a new build until the navbar customisation gets added to CM9. Shouldn't be long, most of it is there now.

Guest MadEye Moody

I'm kind of holding off on releasing a new build until the navbar customisation gets added to CM9. Shouldn't be long, most of it is there now.

I'm guessing that you figured out the lag issue in CM9 upstream?