[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Titas

A2SD working properly.... just restored 49 apps and have 82mb left on internal storage....

A2SDGUI reports about 450mb used in sd-ext

This is with # a2sd cachesdreset

Hmmm - Tried that - got "system/bin/a2sd: line 18: system/bin/busybox.a2sd:

No such file or directory"

Guest MadEye Moody

Hmmm - Tried that - got "system/bin/a2sd: line 18: system/bin/busybox.a2sd:

No such file or directory"

So is this a P736E version issue?

Try installing the a2sd scripts again through CWM... maybe the file copying failed or something.

Guest Titas

So is this a P736E version issue?

Try installing the a2sd scripts again through CWM... maybe the file copying failed or something.

Thanks - tried re-flashing everything; ROM + a2sd but still doesn't work. Several people have reported the same issue. It appears not to be specific to P736E. Love CM9 UI but reverted to previous ROM until a2sd & system partition size issues are resolved.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Thought some of you might want to try this...

https://play.google....t.bean_keyboard

It's the beta of the Jelly Bean keyboard but for ICS. It's got the new prediction engine but as always it's beta so try at your own risk :)

Also found this...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.jhg.googlenowvoicesearch

It's a version of the Voice Search which is supposed to work with the Google Now rip out for ICS..

Here are instructions for the Google Now rip...

http://lifehacker.com/5923288/get-google-now-on-your-rooted-ice-cream-sandwich-phone

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest MadEye Moody

CC0100002800000000000000

F40100002800000000000000

1C0200000C00000000000000

2C0200004001000000000000

6C0300004006000000000000

AC0900004006000000000000

EC0F00000800000000000000

F40F00000C00000000000000

These hex numbers corresponds to the properties of the following partitions respectively

recovery

boot

splash

misc

cache

system

userdata

oem

persist

According to the amphoras thread posted earlier by grillmm these are the values that we know of

(SF2 v2c from amphoras' website)

recovery = 5 MB

boot = 5 MB

system = 200 MB

data = 200 MB

cache = 40 MB

oem = 1 MB

hex values of the sizes

5 mb = 0x500000

200 mb = 0xC800000

40 mb = 0x2800000

1 mb = 0x100000

No part of the file corresponds to these values

is there an easier way to do this?

Guest NinjehKitteh

Sorry, its working with wine and mono for wine.

Yay my limited knowledge on the subject helped!

Woop woop :D

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I know this might be a big ask but,

If and when I get Linux and my wireless card to work together, would someone be able to teach me to use, Kitchen, is it?

-Ninjeh.

Guest WorldWarrior

The TPT is working perfectly.

----------------

I wonder Daz, if you could post your basic performances configuration (overclock, options). It could help me to avoid a few issues each time I overclock my phone to 998Mhz and then needs to reinstall the Rom.. Thanks.

Guest MadEye Moody

The TPT is working perfectly.

----------------

I wonder Daz, if you could post your basic performances configuration (overclock, options). It could help me to avoid a few issues each time I overclock my phone to 998Mhz and then needs to reinstall the Rom.. Thanks.

998MHz ? WOW .... I usually OC to 902. As I understand, the max stable OC is not exactly device specific and varies with individual processor (not just the model, but to each processor even in the same batch in manufacturing). If you are experimenting with OC, I would suggest that you do not check the set at boot option, that way, if you are OCing too much, a restart will reset it.

Guest BLu3HaZe

998MHz ? WOW .... I usually OC to 902. As I understand, the max stable OC is not exactly device specific and varies with individual processor (not just the model, but to each processor even in the same batch in manufacturing). If you are experimenting with OC, I would suggest that you do not check the set at boot option, that way, if you are OCing too much, a restart will reset it.

It's basically just the heat which makes the device unstable and lock up. I can stably run at 1036 MHz on performance governor while under an external fan at full load (done only to experiment), but locks up in a short while if taken out.

Edit - I see you're from India, so living in a warm area? I too have 902 normally as max, as I live just below you, hot climate. Just to confirm, what temp does the phone normally run at when left alone to charge from the wall while sleeping?

PS - Why is it told ICS actually likes underclocking than OCing? I had set it to 480 when using ICS cuz the UI was very smooth even then, but why is that, rendering by GPU? Can GB be offloaded to the GPU like that too?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest MadEye Moody

It's basically just the heat which makes the device unstable and lock up. I can stably run at 1036 MHz on performance governor while under an external fan at full load (done only to experiment), but locks up in a short while if taken out.

Edit - I see you're from India, so living in a warm area? I too have 902 normally as max, as I live just below you, hot climate. Just to confirm, what temp does the phone normally run at when left alone to charge from the wall while sleeping?

PS - Why is it told ICS actually likes underclocking than OCing? I had set it to 480 when using ICS cuz the UI was very smooth even then, but why is that, rendering by GPU? Can GB be offloaded to the GPU like that too?

While charging, it usually is in the 40s if i'm not using it (according to Temp+CPU v2 widget)

Guest BLu3HaZe

While charging, it usually is in the 40s if i'm not using it (according to Temp+CPU v2 widget)

Thanks, similar here, high 40s so was wondering if there was anything wrong with my phone, as nothing I ever had has heated so much. And I believe Temp+CPU v2 widget which I too use is reporting it from the battery temp, so the high heat will quickly kill the battery :(

Guest Hydrosaure

I gave this a try and had a strange bug where default browser would display pages as full white: a site would load but in full screen view the whole screen turns white and remains that way. The minatures when selecting tabs however do show page content.

Any idea?