[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest MadEye Moody

We only need to know whether it's a Vivacity in the kernel, the two touch screens are handled as separate drivers.

One of the larger sections of code where this is matters is here: https://github.com/t..._config.c#L1695

But yes, I know what kind of statement we need, I just don't know how to retrieve that information inside the kernel.

WOW, that is some code....

Sorry for asking, but does

#elif defined(CONFIG_MACH_BLADE2)[/CODE]

[/background]

mean that u set CONFIG_MAC_BLADE2 for OSF2 during compiling?

Ignore me if this is a stupid question, I have no experience in Android OS programming

Guest NinjehKitteh

I don't think running quadrant would prove much in this rom yet cos it's still a WIP. I'm guessing it would so some things a lot faster, i.e. graphical type tests.

Well in Quadrant I got 781, and in AnTuTu I got 1678, stock in AnTuTu scored around 800 so it's doing good.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

WOW, that is some code....

Sorry for asking, but does

#elif defined(CONFIG_MACH_BLADE2)[/CODE]

[/background]

mean that u set CONFIG_MAC_BLADE2 for OSF2 during compiling?

Ignore me if this is a stupid question, I have no experience in Android OS programming

CONFIG_MACH_BLADE2 applies to both the Vivacity and SF2, under that is the CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MXT224_P736V, which if defined configures the kernel for the SF2, if it is undefined (or explicitly set to no) it configures for the Vivacity, which can be seen in the else statement quite far below.

Guest MadEye Moody

CONFIG_MACH_BLADE2 applies to both the Vivacity and SF2, under that is the CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MXT224_P736V, which if defined configures the kernel for the SF2, if it is undefined (or explicitly set to no) it configures for the Vivacity, which can be seen in the else statement quite far below.

Can you try moving "CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MXT224_P736V" from the #if and using runtime "if()". In that case, both the code for SF2 and Vivacity will be in the compiled kernel and which values are assigned to those variables will be decided at runtime (as opposed to compile time when using #if)?

Guest Dazzozo

Can you try moving "CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MXT224_P736V" from the #if and using runtime "if()". In that case, both the code for SF2 and Vivacity will be in the compiled kernel and which values are assigned to those variables will be decided at runtime (as opposed to compile time when using #if)?

The problem is we need a new condition for the if statement. CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MXT224_P736V is always predetermined in the kernel config that you write before you build.

Guest rash.m2k

any ideas if i can just replace the camera module on the phone with a new one once it's fixed. Don't really want to flash again and re-install all apps.

Guest rash.m2k

any ideas if i can just replace the camera module on the phone with a new one once it's fixed. Don't really want to flash again and re-install all apps.

Guest Dazzozo

You can feel free to try it but if things go bad then you'll have to wipe.

The support I give to you in the thread will only be as lazy as you are to install the ROM - no wipe, no whine. :P

Guest rash.m2k

Thats very kind of you Dazzozo, any help you can offer would be much appreciated. I'm a linux person, but not as talented as some of you guys. I just need to know what the name of the module is and where it's located, then it's a simple process of rmmod and modprobe the new one using adb.

In Linux if I want to remove a module I blacklist it - is it the same process in Andriod (because after a reboot the module gets loaded again).

EDIT: Could I use the stock rom module with ICS? I suspect not but best to ask.

Edited by rash.m2k

Guest Dazzozo

Thats very kind of you Dazzozo, any help you can offer would be much appreciated. I'm a linux person, but not as talented as some of you guys. I just need to know what the name of the module is and where it's located, then it's a simple process of rmmod and modprobe the new one using adb.

In Linux if I want to remove a module I blacklist it - is it the same process in Andriod (because after a reboot the module gets loaded again).

EDIT: Could I use the stock rom module with ICS? I suspect not but best to ask.

Unfortunately not or this would've been solved a long time ago. :P

These aren't actual "modules" per se, just fancy libs in certain directories. Most of the camera code compiles down to /system/lib/libcamera.so and /system/lib/hw/camera.msm7x27.so. liboemcamera.so and anything else can be safely ignored as that is unchanged by me.

Guest lordjubblydave

Hi, i have just installed this on my Vivacity.

I have installed the latest Rom and the correct Kernel.

Everything is great, but the Camera does not work.

Is there a patch ?

I cant find it.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

You could try reading the post where you got the rom...sheesh.

Working:

• Hardware Acceleration
  • Mobile Data - 3G/2G
  • Network and RIL
  • Sound
  • Sensors
  • Live Wallpapers
  • USB Mass Storage
  • Calculator
  • Gallery
  • Camera (temperamental for just about every device)
  • Wi-Fi and indicator

Not Working:

• Camcorder (needs Qcom input)
    • Panorama

Also, you're not allowed to use referral links in your sig

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

My camera is not Temperamental.

It does NOT work.

Sheesh

Sorry, I'll just refund you the full price of the ROM.

Read the last page. It is being worked on. It has literally just been supported. Don't be such an ass.

Guest Dazzozo

How to i get bluetooth to work on my vivacity?

Have you turned Wi-Fi on before attempting to turn Bluetooth on? Bluetooth is dependent on Wi-Fi at the moment.

If that still doesn't work I might have borked it in the last release. :o

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

My camera is not Temperamental.

It does NOT work.

Sheesh

LOL I love the "the world owes me something" attitude. This rom is a work in progress, as is every other CyanogenMod 9 rom, if you don't want to use a development rom then don't. It's quite obviously stated in the first page that there are problems with the camera.

Guest domenico lamberti

unfortunatly not,but i wish there was, just think how much CPU power that would take though, that would stutter so bad