[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest robt77

no worries, work and the like tomorrow so will sort tomorrow evening. Again thanks for all your help and hard work with this excellent Rom

Guest HaoRui

CM9 works perfectly on vivacity HaoRul.

1. Wipe

2. vivacity kernel (01052012-cm9-blade2-p736e-patch.zip)

= HOME key and SEARCH key can be used

It's a pity,HOME key and SEARCH key can't works when I follow you suggestion,yet! :( So I think I have to give it up and try other ROMs.........................what's more,I'm looking forword that there will be more ROMs for ZET Crescent/Vivacity :)

Guest misodoctakleidist

I am testing this at the moment. So far I'm very impressed - even the camera seems to be behaving.

Am I right in assuming that the front camera is still not working, or am I just looking for it in the wrong place?

Is there any chance of a new AOKP build based on this, or will it still be too unstable?

Guest MadEye Moody

i have re booted into clockword mod and it won't let me mount usb storage it says unable to open ums lun file (no such file or directory) don't know if that helps

I've always got that from clockworkmod recovery. I thought, mounting usb from CWM can't be done for this phone.....

Guest Dazzozo
I am testing this at the moment. So far I'm very impressed - even the camera seems to be behaving.

Am I right in assuming that the front camera is still not working, or am I just looking for it in the wrong place?

Is there any chance of a new AOKP build based on this, or will it still be too unstable?

Front camera is disabled in the kernel and I'm working on AOKP but there are a fair few complications with it.

Guest Bouncer5

Front camera is disabled in the kernel and I'm working on AOKP but there are a fair few complications with it.

Im sure if you stuck to a single build you would be fine! Instead your doing CM7.2/CM9/AKOP? Im glad your able to do the work, But I think trying to get 3 incomplete roms up and running at the same time is madness.

Guest Josef Prusa

Hey Dazz,

thanks for your efforts. Here are my observations:

Flashed to my Vivacity ROM -> TMV patch -> A2SD -> Gapps - reboot

Phone's working fine, here are my findings

:

- front camera not working (as expected)

- main camera working, preview's a bit choppy, though; camcorder/pano not working at all (as stated)

- home button working fine

- Bluetooth cannot be turned on

Is the BT problem just Vivacity? I haven't noticed anything like that mentioned here lately.

Going back to F'N'C for the time being...

Edited by Josef Prusa

Guest Dazzozo

Hey Dazz,

thanks for your efforts. Here are my observations:

Flashed to my Vivacity ROM -> TMV patch -> A2SD -> Gapps - reboot

Phone's working fine, here are my findings

:

- front camera not working (as expected)

- main camera working, preview's a bit choppy, though; camcorder/pano not working at all (as stated)

- home button working fine

- Bluetooth cannot be turned on

Is the BT problem just Vivacity? I haven't noticed anything like that mentioned here lately.

Going back to F'N'C for the time being...

BT requires Wi-Fi to be enabled. Other than that, it's pretty iffy at times.

Guest Josef Prusa

BT requires Wi-Fi to be enabled. Other than that, it's pretty iffy at times.

Strange - my BT won't work even with Wi-fi enabled and connected... :-(

Guest Dazzozo

Probably just being iffy then. When I fix it so that BT isn't Wi-Fi dependent it'll probably fix those issues too.

Guest Dazzozo

Is the new build with USB fix up yet?

Coming, decided to rebuild with another repo sync and a UMS lunfile change for CWM.

Guest NinjehKitteh

For my Vivacity, it often takes a re-start for Bluetooth to even think about working :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Any ETA on when the new build will be up? I was about to flash CM9 but if there's an update coming soon I may as well just wait.

Thansk

Guest Liamness

I should probably start testing these things before I release them...

I don't know about that. We know each new release may have issues, far better to put it out in the wild and let us 'break' it, rather than trying to find and fix every little thing before release. We are your testers, imo.