CWM 5.x.x.x with ext4 support question?

Guest trueno2k

Guest shmizan

Try enabling the progress bars. I think on the official version 4 ones the setting was reversed somehow, maybe its the same here.

a true genius there :) didn't even came up my mind trying this. okay so the touch recovery we have works correctly in all aspects. an update would be awesome though :)

Guest KonstaT

Got any checksums so that I can verify that this has correctly downloaded please :D

md5:d9fafd5e7ea00fa532b6a86e7e71538b

That problem is the kernel used in the recovery!

The keys do deliberately get frozen and locked as a result due to this stupid FTM mode (on the face of it, no one hardly uses it, its there by default on the compiled cm7/cm9 kernel AFAIK) which I found it to be very very annoying, not alone that, the more recent kernel version of .32 fails to work with recovery. I recall having to do a lot of rooting around looking for the exact .32 version that works with recovery when working on the clockworkmodgui recovery :)

Thanks for the info. :) So CONFIG_ZTE_FTM_FLAG_SUPPORT should be turned off?

I did another build using recovery kernel used in sebastian404's builds and the same issue still remains. It's .29 kernel(?) and it works with fine with CWM 4.0.1.5.

Guest t0mm13b

Thanks for the info. :) So CONFIG_ZTE_FTM_FLAG_SUPPORT should be turned off?

I did another build using recovery kernel used in sebastian404's builds and the same issue still remains. It's .29 kernel(?) and it works with fine with CWM 4.0.1.5.

Yep that's the CONFIG option! :)

Guest trueno2k

I compiled it for Blade but I never released it because it had that sd-ext issue. I've managed to fix that now and here is a new image.

recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...vn0v8w2eebgxdpv

I can confirm that it also has that cold boot issue as described. It works ok if you select reboot to recovery from your ROM (or adb reboot recovery). Keys stop working if you boot to recovery using volume down key while booting. Should be fully working other than that.

Sorry I meant an MD5 (checksum) for the actual recovery.img file... On a side note, the recovery image is SOoooo big, it's just over 5MB, are you sure it will fit into a Blade Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT???... I can remember using a version of CWM4 which is less than 4MB size!... Why the extra?... Will this fit in the partition layout done by wbaw?... HERE a linky to the OP for Blade's Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT...

:P

Guest ..Abel..

hey guys whats this ?

recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.img 02-Feb-2012 10:21 4071424

ecovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.img.md5s..> 02-Feb-2012 10:21 90

recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.zip 02-Feb-2012 10:21 1586061

recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.zip.md5s..> 02-Feb-2012 10:21 98

FOUND it here !

http://download.cloc...com/recoveries/

CAN I FLASH THE Zip ?

Edited by ..Abel..

Guest ..Abel..

That's probably the broken one I mentioned here: http://android.modac...ost__p__1931929 ?

It's not listed as available here: http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

And rom manager says there isn't one available for the Blade

can i flash that zip and revert back later ?

YUP tried it ! it doesnt work !

Edited by ..Abel..

Guest KonstaT

Sorry I meant an MD5 (checksum) for the actual recovery.img file...

md5:ce89b3e624c678ea4d73d643ae29436c

Apparently cold booting works on Skate with HOME, VOLUME UP and POWER key combination (any idea why?). Mine is a TPT gen1->gen2 updated so it just sticks in fastboot mode if I use that combo. Someone with a "real" gen2 device (bought with Android 2.2 or windows updated) might want to try that combo to see if works.

Guest trueno2k

hey guys whats this ?

recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.img 02-Feb-2012 10:21 4071424

ecovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.img.md5s..> 02-Feb-2012 10:21 90

recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.zip 02-Feb-2012 10:21 1586061

recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.zip.md5s..> 02-Feb-2012 10:21 98

FOUND it here !

http://download.cloc...com/recoveries/

CAN I FLASH THE Zip ?

I got onto the menu screen and buttons are still working, did this by integrating it into my custom TPT and then using this TPT to create a fresh CWM only device (no rom), however the screen is upside down, I haven't tried flashing anything yet or doing a nandroid backup/restore, so can't say if this fully works... People are welcome to try, for me it's useless as it doesn't support ext4 partition creation! (like it does on my wildfire CWM 5.0.2.7)... I love to have this option supported if anyone is upto compiling it for this device and also the Skate as well!... :P

md5:ce89b3e624c678ea4d73d643ae29436c

Apparently cold booting works on Skate with HOME, VOLUME UP and POWER key combination (any idea why?). Mine is a TPT gen1->gen2 updated so it just sticks in fastboot mode if I use that combo. Someone with a "real" gen2 device (bought with Android 2.2 or windows updated) might want to try that combo to see if works.

Do you mean you've tried this version on the Skate and got it booting?... Or do you mean you compiled this version for the Skate and got it working (besides the buttons on cold boot)?... The button combination above doesn't work as I did a TPT on my Blade with the your CWM version and it just loads up bootloader or is it the splash screen (not sure which), the buttons still don't respond when CWM is cold booted, only works when booting from a TPT flash or a reboot recovery command within the CWM menu options...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest KonstaT

Do you mean you've tried this version on the Skate and got it booting?... Or do you mean you compiled this version for the Skate and got it working (besides the buttons on cold boot)?... The button combination above doesn't work as I did a TPT on my Blade with the your CWM version and it just loads up bootloader or is it the splash screen (not sure which), the buttons still don't respond when CWM is cold booted, only works when booting from a TPT flash or a reboot recovery command within the CWM menu options...

No, this is compiled for Blade and it only works in Blade.

That button combination works with cold boot on Skate's clockworkmod 5.5.0.4. This Blade build is pretty much the same except the kernel is different.

Blades that were sold with Android 2.1 (gen1 models) stay in fastboot mode if you press volume up during boot. This is disabled in Blades that were sold with Android 2.2 (gen2 models). Using a TPT to update to gen2 doesn't actually make your phone "real" gen2. That's why I was wondering if the same key combo would work in real gen2 blade (sold with 2.2 or used a windows tool to update to 2.2).

Guest trueno2k

No, this is compiled for Blade and it only works in Blade.

That button combination works with cold boot on Skate's clockworkmod 5.5.0.4. This Blade build is pretty much the same except the kernel is different.

Blades that were sold with Android 2.1 (gen1 models) stay in fastboot mode if you press volume up during boot. This is disabled in Blades that were sold with Android 2.2 (gen2 models). Using a TPT to update to gen2 doesn't actually make your phone "real" gen2. That's why I was wondering if the same key combo would work in real gen2 blade (sold with 2.2 or used a windows tool to update to 2.2).

Okay, I see what you were trying to get at... I just tried the HOME + VOLUME UP + POWER key combination on my OMC and CWM 5.5.0.4 booted up with hard keys fully working, I completely forgot about the above thread :P ... Seeing as I don't care about reverting back Eclair or even Froyo, can I use the same program used for unlocking the OMC / Skate to windows TPT flash my OSF / Blade to Gen2 permanently (using the Blade Gen2 stock TPT)?... I also remember by doing this I am unable to use the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT method once TPT flashing through the windows program, is that right or wrong?... Would that mean I'll have to use the windows program everytime I want to change the partition format on my OSF / Blade?...

I found out I can Gen1 to Gen2 TPT the OSF / Blade using only the partition layout files and all necessary .img files as listed below, but I was also wondering whether this method can be used on the windows TPT flashing tool using only the files listed below as well?...

appsboot.mbn

appsboothd.mbn

partition.mbn

partition_zte.mbn

boot.img

recovery.img

system.img

userdata.img

cache.img

Much appreciate the response :D :P

UPDATE: I've just flashed Burstlam's ICS AOKP on to my OSF and so far the rom is working perfectly as it should from a fresh build flash, so, besides the upside down issue CWM 5.8.1.0 (supposedly touch version) is working... but this version still doesn't support ext4!... Is this due to the kernel or something, I don't understand why my Wildfire CWM has the option to partition my sdcards with ext 2, 3 & 4 partitions and it is only version 5.0.2.7?...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest KonstaT

Here is a fresh build of ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4. It should be now fully working. smile.gif Cold boot works normally with VOLUME DOWN key pressed. Thanks goes to Koush and Tom G.

Edit. See post #56.

Guest DrPaua

Here is a fresh build of ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4. It should be now fully working. :) Cold boot works normally with VOLUME DOWN key pressed. Thanks goes to Koush and Tom G.

md5:245337f2ea21c275da8d3e7bbfed9935

recovery.img

md5:d0cec293f1d78ea8bd4e211aead0b9cc

Just flash via "old" CWM?

Guest KonstaT

Just flash via "old" CWM?

Yep.

I wonder what about touch recovery? can it be done too? my volume keys are gone and the PhoTom 4.0.1.5 is all I got. can we update it?

Source code hasn't been released for the official cwm touch recovery (5.8.x.x), so that isn't possible at the moment.

There is also another touch recovery project, team win recovery project, that would be interesting to have ported for Blade.

Guest shmizan

not an official clockworkmod touch recovery then. 4.0.1.5 wasn't touch either. and since the code for that is in the hands of our beloved developer t0mm13b, and we do have the code for the latest non touch recovery, couldn't it be easily implanted? sorry I know jack about Linux coding ;)

Guest trueno2k

Here is a fresh build of ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4. It should be now fully working. :) Cold boot works normally with VOLUME DOWN key pressed. Thanks goes to Koush and Tom G.

md5:245337f2ea21c275da8d3e7bbfed9935

recovery.img

md5:d0cec293f1d78ea8bd4e211aead0b9cc

Hey thanks for the update, working brilliantly!... :D ... However, was wondering why it was decided to get rid of the shutdown function?... it frequently saves me from pulling out the battery every time I wanna turn my device off...

Guest trueno2k

Okay, I see what you were trying to get at... I just tried the HOME + VOLUME UP + POWER key combination on my OMC and CWM 5.5.0.4 booted up with hard keys fully working, I completely forgot about the above thread tongue.gif ... Seeing as I don't care about reverting back Eclair or even Froyo, can I use the same program used for unlocking the OMC / Skate to windows TPT flash my OSF / Blade to Gen2 permanently (using the Blade Gen2 stock TPT)?... I also remember by doing this I am unable to use the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT method once TPT flashing through the windows program, is that right or wrong?... Would that mean I'll have to use the windows program everytime I want to change the partition format on my OSF / Blade?...

I found out I can Gen1 to Gen2 TPT the OSF / Blade using only the partition layout files and all necessary .img files as listed below, but I was also wondering whether this method can be used on the windows TPT flashing tool using only the files listed below as well?...

Much appreciate the response biggrin.giftongue.gif

UPDATE: I've just flashed Burstlam's ICS AOKP on to my OSF and so far the rom is working perfectly as it should from a fresh build flash, so, besides the upside down issue CWM 5.8.1.0 (supposedly touch version) is working... but this version still doesn't support ext4!... Is this due to the kernel or something, I don't understand why my Wildfire CWM has the option to partition my sdcards with ext 2, 3 & 4 partitions and it is only version 5.0.2.7?...

BUMP for the above post... Apologise for the nagging ( if anyone see it that way! tongue.gif )...

Edited by trueno2k

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trueno2k

UPDATE: Just been playing around with version 5.5.0.4 of CWM recovery and found I can not mount my sdcard, gives me "E:Unable to open v*s lunfile (No such file or directory)"... Anyone else getting this problem???

Guest agpoli

UPDATE: Just been playing around with version 5.5.0.4 of CWM recovery and found I can not mount my sdcard, gives me "E:Unable to open v*s lunfile (No such file or directory)"... Anyone else getting this problem???

Same here.

Guest shanky887614

stick to official clockwork recovery and you wont have any problems

the only thing on zte blade im very careful with is reguards to recovery

if you dont have fastboot mode and you mess up clockwork and rom you are screwed

Guest targetbsp

You can flash clockwork from rom manager. The only way you're really screwed is if you also happen to take out your rom at the same time. It takes a lot to really screw a blade. :)

Guest trueno2k
...Seeing as I don't care about reverting back Eclair or even Froyo, can I use the same program used for unlocking the OMC / Skate to windows TPT flash my OSF / Blade to Gen2 permanently (using the Blade Gen2 stock TPT)?... I also remember by doing this I am unable to use the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT method once TPT flashing through the windows program, is that right or wrong?... Would that mean I'll have to use the windows program everytime I want to change the partition format on my OSF / Blade?...

Much appreciate the response biggrin.giftongue.gif

UPDATE: ... besides the upside down issue CWM 5.8.1.0 (supposedly touch version) is working... but this version still doesn't support ext4!... Is this due to the kernel or something, I don't understand why my Wildfire CWM has the option to partition my sdcards with ext 2, 3 & 4 partitions and it is only version 5.0.2.7?...

So, this is a bump for the above quote, yeah sorry for nagging :P just hope to have the questions above answered so I don't brick my Blade if I try doing the above flash methods.... Thanks for the reply...

stick to official clockwork recovery and you wont have any problems

the only thing on zte blade im very careful with is reguards to recovery

if you dont have fastboot mode and you mess up clockwork and rom you are screwed

As long as TPT works for me using the files in the above quote list I shouldn't come across any trouble besides reflashing a rom again from scratch that is :P... Atm, my Blade is only used for experimenting new flashes and custom setups I do extra for partitions and system/data app installations, so nothing important can be lost :D...

Edited by trueno2k