Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest sej7278

The guys of p500 changed much more than the cameraHal.cpp. And yes, it also saw new libs. sej7278, you basically made ​​the port full of them, right?

yes i tried to port:

HAL: https://github.com/p500/cm_device_lge_p500/commit/a7a6065d10dba260b3d90dcf6b14f36d4c87c952

preview: https://github.com/p500/cm_device_lge_p500/commit/133afb7dd235fd656d6d76e356369998fb99e73d

blobs: https://github.com/p500/cm_vendor_lge_p500/commit/178755cb46678ace9496a8d6750a6a3c0c8294df

copying camera.p500.so to /system/lib/hw/camera.msm7x27.so doesn't work for me

Guest sej7278

Preview work for me, but freezes afterwards.

http://imageshack.us...otografiag.jpg/

weird, i'm getting a camera app and an iffy preview (not much/any better than before) and from logcat i'm just getting a load of pmem messages:

D/memalloc(  116): /dev/pmem: Unmapping buffer base:0x42820000 size:8294400 offset:7065600

D/memalloc(  116): /dev/pmem: Mapped buffer base:0x42820000 size:5283840 offset:4055040 fd:44

D/memalloc(  113): /dev/pmem: Freeing buffer base:0x41b5d000 size:1228800 offset:7065600 fd:47

D/memalloc(  113): /dev/pmem: Allocated buffer base:0x414a0000 size:1228800 offset:7065600 fd:47

D/memalloc(  116): /dev/pmem: Unmapping buffer base:0x42820000 size:5283840 offset:4055040

D/memalloc(  116): /dev/pmem: Mapped buffer base:0x42820000 size:8294400 offset:7065600 fd:44

D/memalloc(  113): /dev/pmem: Freeing buffer base:0x4187e000 size:1228800 offset:4055040 fd:50

Edited by sej7278

Guest asm19

weird, i'm getting a camera app and a blank preview, and from logcat i'm just getting a load of pmem messages:

D/memalloc(  116): /dev/pmem: Unmapping buffer base:0x42820000 size:8294400 offset:7065600

D/memalloc(  116): /dev/pmem: Mapped buffer base:0x42820000 size:5283840 offset:4055040 fd:44

D/memalloc(  113): /dev/pmem: Freeing buffer base:0x41b5d000 size:1228800 offset:7065600 fd:47

D/memalloc(  113): /dev/pmem: Allocated buffer base:0x414a0000 size:1228800 offset:7065600 fd:47

D/memalloc(  116): /dev/pmem: Unmapping buffer base:0x42820000 size:5283840 offset:4055040

D/memalloc(  116): /dev/pmem: Mapped buffer base:0x42820000 size:8294400 offset:7065600 fd:44

D/memalloc(  113): /dev/pmem: Freeing buffer base:0x4187e000 size:1228800 offset:4055040 fd:50

weird, I just replace camera.p500.so. I also tried replacing liboemcamera, libjpeg and libcamera but without result the apk of the camera "can not connect to camera"...

I'm compiling a new version now, just do full port.

Guest sej7278

weird, I just replace camera.p500.so. I also tried replacing liboemcamera, libjpeg and libcamera but without result the apk of the camera "can not connect to camera"...

I'm compiling a new version now, just do full port.

i've got preview (and taking photo) working now just copying the camera.p500.so, seems when i did an adb push (and adb remount) it didn't work, did it from recovery and rebooted a couple of times and it worked.

Guest asm19

i've got preview (and taking photo) working now just copying the camera.p500.so, seems when i did an adb push (and adb remount) it didn't work, did it from recovery and rebooted a couple of times and it worked.

LOL :P

I have preview but do not take the photo, the screen freezes (app doesn't force close).

Edited by asm19

Guest CGabry

That's good news...

Guest sej7278

LOL :P

I have preview but do not take the photo, the screen freezes (app doesn't force close).

i've got black screen back again now, this is absurdly intermittent!

covering the sensor doesn't work, defaults->recalibrate->reboot doesn't work, defaults on their own don't work...... only workaround is the double-power-button.

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

Bad news :)

haha, couple of reboots later and it seems ok again - move the phone about a bit so it knows its being picked up. i wonder if its compass not light sensor that's iffy.

Guest asm19

haha, couple of reboots later and it seems ok again - move the phone about a bit so it knows its being picked up. i wonder if its compass not light sensor that's iffy.

I have not tested the proximity sensor, my build is almost over and then I'll try. I doubt that the camera get to work, but without testing it is not known...

Guest sej7278

I have not tested the proximity sensor, my build is almost over and then I'll try. I doubt that the camera get to work, but without testing it is not known...

flashable zip for cm9: camera-signed.zip

and for coldfusionx/aokp: camera-cfx2-signed.zip

thanks to xda for the lib and tilal6991 for the hint. next i guess we need to port the source to blade, not just copy a blob.

has been reported to work even on 5mp libra's if you set it to use 3mp mode in the camera settings, has also been reported not to be able to actually take photo's on some (even 3mp) blades, preview seems to work on most/all phones.

its very important to wipe dalvik and reboot afterwards.

Edited by sej7278

Guest asm19

copy this file to /system/lib/hw/ overwriting the file that's already there (either from adb or some sort of root file manager) then wipe dalvik and reboot a couple of times.

adb reboot recovery

adb push camera.msm7x27.so /system/lib/hw/camera.msm7x27.so

<wipe dalvik>

adb reboot

i think coldfusionx calls it camera.blade.so, the above is for cm9

this flashable zip should work for cm9 (i've not tested it though): camera-signed.zip

and for coldfusionx/aokp (sorry was typo in first one): camera-cfx2-signed.zip

Yes, this will work but is not a viable/future solution only if we add with a kind of prebuild...

Guest sej7278

Yes, this will work but is not a viable/future solution only if we add with a kind of prebuild...

no, we need to port the source. this is a quick hack, not a fix (and doesn't work on 5 megapixel) it will get annoying doing this every time we flash lol.

Edited by sej7278

Guest vNa5h

this flashable zip should work for cm9 (now tested to work): camera-signed.zip

and for coldfusionx/aokp (sorry was typo in first one): camera-cfx2-signed.zip

thanks to xda for the lib and tilal6991 for the hint. next i guess we need to port the source to blade, not just copy a blob.

note this won't work on 5mp libra's or gen3 blades, only 3mp models.

no, we need to port the source. this is a quick hack, not a fix (and doesn't work on 5 megapixel) it will get annoying doing this every time we flash lol.

hope this doesnt get messed up...

not nandroiding...takes a lot of time

cant afford to lose time ...exam time :P

Guest targetbsp

Anyone dared try updating to Ubuntu 12 yet then? Does it still compile?? :D

Guess I'll back up my VM and give it a go! Or at least see if I can find the snapshot option in Vmware player (if one exists?)

Hi!

I'm getting this strange error during the build:

Construct recovery from boot

mkdir -p out/target/product/skate/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/

PATH=out/host/linux-x86/bin:$PATH out/host/linux-x86/bin/imgdiff out/target/product/skate/boot.img out/target/product/skate/recovery.img out/target/product/skate/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p

source and target don't have same number of chunks!

source chunks:

chunk 0: type 0 start 0 len 3291146

chunk 1: type 2 start 3291146 len 284416

chunk 2: type 0 start 3460882 len 238

target chunks:

chunk 0: type 0 start 0 len 17771

chunk 1: type 2 start 17771 len 5912608

chunk 2: type 0 start 2770158 len 796

chunk 3: type 2 start 2770954 len 2243584

chunk 4: type 0 start 4259240 len 600

make: *** [out/target/product/skate/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p] Error 1

Anybody has a clue what's wrong?

Guest asm19

Anyone dared try updating to Ubuntu 12 yet then? Does it still compile?? :D

Guess I'll back up my VM and give it a go! Or at least see if I can find the snapshot option in Vmware player (if one exists?)

I am compiling on fedora 16 / ubuntu 12 with no problems.

Guest tilal6991

Hi!

I'm getting this strange error during the build:

Construct recovery from boot
mkdir -p out/target/product/skate/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/
PATH=out/host/linux-x86/bin:$PATH out/host/linux-x86/bin/imgdiff out/target/product/skate/boot.img out/target/product/skate/recovery.img out/target/product/skate/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p
source and target don't have same number of chunks!
source chunks:
chunk 0: type 0 start 0 len 3291146
chunk 1: type 2 start 3291146 len 284416
chunk 2: type 0 start 3460882 len 238
target chunks:
chunk 0: type 0 start 0 len 17771
chunk 1: type 2 start 17771 len 5912608
chunk 2: type 0 start 2770158 len 796
chunk 3: type 2 start 2770954 len 2243584
chunk 4: type 0 start 4259240 len 600
make: *** [out/target/product/skate/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p] Error 1
[/CODE]

Anybody has a clue what's wrong?

Replace recovery_kernel in device/zte/skate with the one from out/target/product/skate/kernel.

Guest toyotahilux

Can anyone point me to what I have done wrong here?

ubuntuvm@ubuntuvm-VirtualBox:~/cm9$ make bacon

============================================

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL

PLATFORM_VERSION=4.0.4

TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_blade

TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug

TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=linux

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=IMM76D

============================================

find: ‘frameworks/base/core/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/graphics/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/location/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/media/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/drm/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/opengl/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/opengl/java/javax/microedition/khronos’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/sax/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/telephony/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/wifi/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/keystore/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/icu4j/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/voip/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/core/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/graphics/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/location/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/media/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/drm/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/opengl/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/opengl/java/javax/microedition/khronos’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/sax/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/telephony/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/wifi/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/keystore/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/icu4j/java/android’: No such file or directory

find: ‘frameworks/base/voip/java/android’: No such file or directory

.fr-Vyg1V3/cm9/system/core/toolbox/Android.mk:98: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/blade/system/bin/lsof'

build/core/base_rules.mk:523: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/blade/system/bin/lsof'

build/core/base_rules.mk:166: *** abi/cpp: MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.libgabi++ already defined by .fr-Vyg1V3/cm9/abi/cpp. Stop.

ubuntuvm@ubuntuvm-VirtualBox:~/cm9$

I've followed the instructions exactly, and I've tried a few different things and get this each time. repo sync comes back fine, so I think I've just messed up somewhere else along the line.

Edit: Sorry for making a huge post.

Edited by toyotahilux

Guest shmizan

hey sej, tilal, I've been away for a while since my phone almost died (the ROM zip file on the SDCard got corrupted and I flashed it, had no vol keys to go to recovery and it wouldn't recognize the device when connecting to PC, had to do an ugly hack with the metal inputs for the volume keys on the phone itself).

what about the black screen on call? I see it still gets reports on the AOKP thread and the camera is almost working?

Guest tilal6991

I fixed black screen by switching back to my own kernel. Also camera is gettings there but also has serious issues like battery drain.

Guest tilal6991

I fixed black screen by switching back to my own kernel. Also camera is gettings there but also has serious issues like battery drain.

Guest targetbsp

I think something in your kernel re-introduces the airplane reboot bug though cause I tried putting into my cm9/cfx mix I'd made following Sej's guide. And your latest CFX also reboots on airplane. Mind you, receiving calls is more important than airplane mode. :D