Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest shmizan

yeah I've seen it, okay so:

I used ddms to capture only the ringing part. what does he mean by "a full log"?

got the dmesg and the lcd information.

Edited by shmizan

Guest C3C0

Just a note that this is still a raw, development version which is unstable and temperamental (at least on Skate).

Just to avoid confusion and disappointment :)

What I was trying to do was to get the libcamera.so inline with the liboemcamera.so regarding

methods and callbacks it supports. Previously, prebuilt libcamera had to be used (e.g. from gingerbread)

to make it work with HAL because of incompatibility between libcamera and liboemcamera.

Now the libcamera can be compiled from source (don't need to use prebuilt one anymore) and is compatible with liboemcamera.

The question is if Blade uses the same liboemcamera.so as Skate. But there is probably a big chance that yes.

Ceco.

Guest sej7278

Just a note that this is still a raw, development version which is unstable and temperamental (at least on Skate).

Just to avoid confusion and disappointment :)

ok thanks for the heads-up. i'm just flashing a build now. the previous patch worked for preview/photo's on my 3mp oled blade anyway (just cameraHal.cpp, no prebuilt)

edit: whoa that doesn't work, rebooted the phone when i clicked camera.

oddly enough it seems to be rebooting with the old patch too now - oh a reboot seems to fix it, argh, will have to retry the new patch later!

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Anyone know why mine is failing over the past couple of days with:

target Executable: iptables (out/target/product/blade/obj/EXECUTABLES/iptables_intermediates/LINKED/iptables)

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libext4_intermediates/libext4.a(initext4.o): in function init_extensions4:out/target/product/blade/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libext4_intermediates/initext4.c:25: error: undefined reference to 'libipt_addrtype_init'

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/blade/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libext4_intermediates/libext4.a(initext4.o): in function init_extensions4:out/target/product/blade/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libext4_intermediates/initext4.c:29: error: undefined reference to 'libipt_ecn_init'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/EXECUTABLES/iptables_intermediates/LINKED/iptables] Error 1

Guest shmizan

compiled yesterday too and running it now. try deleting the out folder? fresh start is always good. are you compiling cm9 or coldfusionx?

I hope we can make some progress with the black screen issue, as it's the main obstacle now.

other than that I only wait for the CM functionality features to be merged since we have a working camera (even a hack is fine for me).

Edited by shmizan

Guest sej7278

compiled yesterday too and running it now. try deleting the out folder? fresh start is always good. are you compiling cm9 or coldfusionx?

I hope we can make some progress with the black screen issue, as it's the main obstacle now.

other than that I only wait for the CM functionality features to be merged since we have a working camera (even a hack is fine for me).

yes that's how i'm feeling at the moment - with the camera patches its functional enough for daily use. i don't think i've ever used the camcorder so don't really care about openmax.

black screen hopefully with get fixed soon, tom_g at least confirmed its a backlight problem not proximity.

cm7 functionality is gradually trickling through - got themes today.

i've uploaded a test build with C3C0's new camera patches applied for 5mp users to try (might need to reboot a couple of times after flashing it) link

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Just CM9. I'll wipe out and give it a go if it's just me then. :)

[edit]

That worked!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest shmizan

great.

while we wait for word about the black screen on call, I'm bringing up another thing - the keyboard lag. when using the minimal text correction mode, after typing a few auto corrected words the keyboard gets stuck for 3-4 seconds disappears (as if you long pressed MENU like in CM7) and you have to bring it up again. anyone notices it? unfortunately (or fortunately for most of us) it doesn't happen in the English keyboard.

but for me, writing most of the time in Hebrew, it's unbearable and I must disable it completely. I could live without the correction but I need it for the auto dots and commas (there's no way to enable just that, it has to fix words too, even in minimal mode).

Guest C3C0

Looks like I finally have stable camera taking pictures at 5Mpix and having no wakelock so no battery drain on Skate.

Guest shezar

sej your instructions are not working (well for me at least on ubuntu 12.04), you may stripped out some essential commands. First of all it doesn't download source (repo sync solved that) but I'm stuck at the build part: I have no blade entry in the lunch menu.

Moreover since I don't have the kernel source I can't apply the black screen patch.

Edited by shezar

Guest sej7278

sej your instructions are not working (well for me at least on ubuntu 12.04), you may stripped out some essential commands. First of all it doesn't download source (repo sync solved that) but I'm stuck at the build part: I have no blade entry in the lunch menu.

Moreover since I don't have the kernel source I can't apply the black screen patch.

you don't need to use the lunch menu with my instructions, if you really want to though you can apply this patch from gerrit.

i've added an initial "repo sync" to download the source, but i'd have thought that was obvious (and already in the bracketed note).

you will have the kernel source the first time you do a build - these days its pulled as part of the build process as noted in #4

Guest shezar

you don't need to use the lunch menu with my instructions, if you really want to though you can apply this patch from gerrit.

i've added an initial "repo sync" to download the source, but i'd have thought that was obvious (and already in the bracketed note).

you will have the kernel source the first time you do a build - these days its pulled as part of the build process as noted in #4

Well, for a beginner like me, nothing is too obvious :) Thanks, I'll give it an other shot.

"build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:49: *** "NO KERNEL". Stop."

Well it seems the problem was with my head. After an other repo sync, the kernel source is downloading nicely.

Edited by shezar

Guest shmizan

sej, we're back in business now.

camera fixed and merged, black screen fixed (not yet merged), we can continue the development here.

I need someone to comment about the keyboard lag I (and some more users using coldfusionx experience) here.

also, most recent build I made (yesterday's night) won't let me download various apps from the market as if my device was incompatible. tilal fixed it in his CFX. can anyone confirm?

Guest tilal6991

Yep I've fixed it. And video recording as well. The market was a permissions issue. The video recording fix will be put on github soon.

Guest sej7278

Well, for a beginner like me, nothing is too obvious :) Thanks, I'll give it an other shot.

"build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:49: *** "NO KERNEL". Stop."

Well it seems the problem was with my head. After an other repo sync, the kernel source is downloading nicely.

ah yes, the kernel build system was a recent change, so you'd have to make sure your repo sync was recent - in fact i think you have to build once to pull it down, then you can patch the kernel the 2nd time.

Guest shezar

ah yes, the kernel build system was a recent change, so you'd have to make sure your repo sync was recent - in fact i think you have to build once to pull it down, then you can patch the kernel the 2nd time.

I synced today. Well I init'ed today so old repo was not the problem. The thing is that first the device's dependencies wasn't in place. The lunch cm_blade-userdebug solved that but I didn't know that I had to sync again so I tried to build. That gave me the no kernel error. After the sync I was able to patch and now the rom builds (well at least it seems to be, it's running at this moment). Thanks for your time. :)

Guest shmizan

Yep I've fixed it. And video recording as well. The market was a permissions issue. The video recording fix will be put on github soon.

neat! living legend you are..

the market permission issue is still on my CM9 build though. can you put your fix on gerrit?

I wonder if the video recording should now clear our path to official. because it doesn't seem we'll ever get hw video decoding working for our Blade according to skywave's post.

Guest sej7278

As for the market: the fix is in the cfx report but I'll put a patch on gerrit soon as well.

so what's wrong with market then - how can permissions be a problem - or is it the permission is missing that some apps need?

this the fix?: https://github.com/I...8c138b6b8cd5a07

and isn't the ST21i arm11?

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

The link is the fix.

As for st21i - arm11 = armv6

wow, didn't realise they had gotten all the way to arm11 on the v6 instruction set lol, talk about milking it!

that said i remember back in the days when i learnt arm assembler, that was arm v2 to v5 and that probably spanned a decade at least!

edit: oh god i feel old - my first arm pc was arm2 (v2) in 1985 and my last arm pc was a strongarm (v5) must have been about 1997 as it was before digital sold out to intel. http://en.wikipedia....RM_architecture

Edited by sej7278